Chris Low Says It Will Be “Difficult” For Pruitt To Stay As HC

One thing he referenced- What type of good coaching candidate would walk into this bad environment?

That's my fear.

Look at Auburn and South Carolina. SC's coaching search was a disaster. Auburn had to settle on like their 8th or 9th choice; a guy who doesn't look like an upgrade from Malzahn.

Just imagine if Dan Mullen leaves for the NFL and we have to compete with Florida for a coaching hire again, as well.

It's not a great time to have to hire a coach. And our dysfunctional situation does not look like the best environment to walk into.

People on VN think it's all about money, but it's not. Coaches want to go where they can win. A dysfunctional house does not look like a place where you can win.

Who is the future National Championship coach who will come here?
We are going to have to pay above the stink to get a real winner.
It will be a bargain to get a great coach at almost any price in this situation, But I just don't know who that might be.

Who is the future National Championship coach who will come here?
We are going to have to pay above the stink to get a real winner.
It will be a bargain to get a great coach at almost any price in this situation, But I just don't know who that might be.
“Pay above the stink” is my favorite phrase I’ve read on VN. Brilliant. I may have to borrow that some day.

What a disaster! It seems like a disgraced coach with a checkered past looking for a second chance would be the only type of coach that would voluntarily join this $#!] show. You can forget about Campbell, Fickell, or Chadwell.

I see what you did there...

What a disaster! It seems like a disgraced coach with a checkered past looking for a second chance would be the only type of coach that would voluntarily join this $#!] show. You can forget about Campbell, Fickell, or Chadwell.

Chadwell is a coach with a checkered past looking for his first big break.

Reactions: FBtime
What a disaster! It seems like a disgraced coach with a checkered past looking for a second chance would be the only type of coach that would voluntarily join this $#!] show.

Let’s hope not. I can’t believe my alma mater is so dysfunctional rt now. The entire athletic dept as a whole has underperformed for years. How can every sport struggle over the years-football, women’s basketball, baseball, track...

Men’s 🏀 has improved under Barnes so let’s hope we meet expectations this season to give something Vols related to smile about, as we all love this university.

Coaches like that have something called confidence, cockiness, cajones. They could objectively look at the situation here and you know THEY know this guy can't coach. Any of them would have the confidence they could get the job done here. You have to find someone a little cocky and not afraid to tackle a situation. Do you think Matt Campbell looked at Iowa State before heading there and thought, "WOW, this is a cupcake job. It's a great place to be for a football coach"?

You can also argue that Tennessee sells itself to some degree. Despite the complete lack of coaching ability displayed over the past 10 years now we still can consistently land top 15 recruiting classes with relative ease. Imagine what a good coach could land here?

Reactions: savannahfan
MeagerFeistyAsianelephant-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: LittleVol
Now the bigger problem is will this Administration go after Freeze? Will they get serious about getting a winner in here? Will they play scared and get a Pruitt 2.0? I have no confidence in these fools to make it right.

Freeze might be the only one that will take the job, unless they go to FCS or Group of 5 looking for a coach.

VN Store

Back