China Thread

My barber, who is a democrat, is convinced China made Tik Tok as another mindless thing for Americans to focus on. Any tracking they can do is just gravy on top.
Hence the Biden administration's use of it to move focus away from their failed policies to evil Russia and Putin.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Guy on a podcast I listened to last week pointed out that the average Chinese household has more debt than the average American one. Productivity growth is lackluster. It's economy has some real vulnerabilities.

Reactions: norrislakevol
If anyone, and I mean anyone believes a word out of this WH about talking tough to China then you're foolish. This administration never gives any specifics. Anyone can make the same statements they let come out of their mouths without backing up any of it. They are never transparent. I'm not sure if they are morons or just think their audience are the morons or just complicit.

Last edited:
My barber, who is a democrat, is convinced China made Tik Tok as another mindless thing for Americans to focus on. Any tracking they can do is just gravy on top.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Just turn us into a bunch of brain dead zombies on that thing while they do what they want and steal and mine our data while we are distracted. I keep telling a buddy of mine that but he doesn’t care he still uses Tik Tok like every day he will send me videos and what not and every time I’ve watched one I think got I dumber from watching it. I just don’t see the appeal in it other than to just further dumb down the masses in this country.

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Just turn us into a bunch of brain dead zombies on that thing while they do what they want and steal and mine our data while we are distracted. I keep telling a buddy of mine that but he doesn’t care he still uses Tik Tok like every day he will send me videos and what not and every time I’ve watched one I think got I dumber from watching it. I just don’t see the appeal in it other than to just further dumb down the masses in this country.

Douyin, Chinese version of TikTok, adds time limit for kids under 14 and bans nighttime use

The Chinese version of TikTok, called Douyin, is limiting kids’ time on the app to 40 minutes per day and banning all overnight use.

Douyin users under the age of 14 with “real name authenticated” accounts will be automatically entered into a new “youth mode,” parent company ByteDance said over the weekend.

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.o...-adds-time-limit-for-kids-bans-nighttime-use/

Chinese Boeing 737 nosedives killing all on board. Crash debris is everywhere. Flight 93 nosedived leaving no debris.

Guy on a podcast I listened to last week pointed out that the average Chinese household has more debt than the average American one. Productivity growth is lackluster. It's economy has some real vulnerabilities.

Yes. China is in huge trouble, they are a paper tiger in the long run. Their dream of becoming the world leader is just that....a mere dream. Why? The productivity as the podcast you listened to mentioned. They have an aging population and not enough workers to take up the slack, and when they fall it will have a huge economic ripple effect across the entire globe. In all likely hood they will get desperate and eventually try to take Taiwan for their own survival purposes. Their commie ways have lead them down this path of doom, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Yes. China is in huge trouble, they are a paper tiger in the long run. Their dream of becoming the world leader is just that....a mere dream. Why? The productivity as the podcast you listened to mentioned. They have an aging population and not enough workers to take up the slack, and when they fall it will have a huge economic ripple effect across the entire globe. In all likely hood they will get desperate and eventually try to take Taiwan for their own survival purposes. Their commie ways have lead them down this path of doom, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

I am trying to think of any major power that isn't in some huge trouble. Bunch of powers in trouble sounds like a recipe for world disaster.

VN Store

Back