Chances of Hooker Going Pro?

If he comes back and has another good year he may get a call. He could make a team or practice squad. Depending on his speed he may not go as a QB but maybe a WR who knows.

I’d hope Zip right now

Listen, he’s been far more than we expected but NFL is another level, especially at QB. There’s about 90+ qBs on nfl rosters. Are you one of the best 100 QBs in the world?

Reactions: minorvol
Hookers game is a lot like Dobbs and while Dobbs has had a limited backup role he has not been able to get much playing time.

On the plus side, there are more and more mobile starters, so an increasing demand for mobile backups. I think his best bet is to generate another year of good numbers in Heupel’s offense and then hope for a mid-late round pick.

i really like the guy - talented, tough, unflappable, good teammate. Hope it works out for him.

He should look at Kenny Pickett as an example of what another year can do for you. With him coming back next year it will be another year in the system, as well as enticing good players to come here from the portal.

Hooker will be 24 in a few months. I think it’s likely he comes back, but could see where he’s ready to move on. Is his stock going to be any higher at age 25?

As I’ve watched Hooker this season, I see a hard nosed kid with amazing size, great arm strength, escapability, a lot of experience, and the ability to process a new, fast-paced offense quickly. I could see him declaring for the draft. I think he would kill it for scouts during pro day. I think he’s better than half of the guys drafted in recent years who have turned out to be busts. I’m not saying he’s a top 5 pick or anything, but I could see him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder. What do y’all think the chances of him going pro are?
Remember Tyler Bray lasted a few years as a back up and never played a snap in a game. That's the kind of NFL career you really want. No injury and lots of money.

Hooker will be back next year unless he gets a serious injury during the remainder of the season.

He would not be drafted should he declare after this season. He comes back with a full off-season of work and balls out next year, maybe he can think about being drafted. Even then, he doesn't have the prototypical size to be drafted highly. Maybe if he is lucky, he can have a Dobbs like career of being a backup and not getting your brains beaten in on a weekly basis.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
More of a chance he transfers to a team with a opportunity to win a championship.

I like him but he just isn't quite fast enough or doesn't have quite the passing to be more than a day 3 selection at best IMO.

Could latch onto a practice squad maybe.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Absolutely could be a backup QB with the right team. That said, if he declared this yr he'd probably be a FA and wouldn't see a roster spot his first year.

Hopefully he has good people in his corner. Some guys get really bad advice.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
As I’ve watched Hooker this season, I see a hard nosed kid with amazing size, great arm strength, escapability, a lot of experience, and the ability to process a new, fast-paced offense quickly. I could see him declaring for the draft. I think he would kill it for scouts during pro day. I think he’s better than half of the guys drafted in recent years who have turned out to be busts. I’m not saying he’s a top 5 pick or anything, but I could see him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder. What do y’all think the chances of him going pro are?

Hooker has a long ways to go to be considered a draftable QB for the NFL. Right now he reminds of Brandon Marshall for Gus at Auburn only a tad slower.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
He will never make an NFL roster
Reminds me of teddy bridgewater type. Also he can’t run like Dobbs (not far off) but I do think he’s a better passer at this point than Dobbs. If he continues I think very likely he’s got mid round 3-4 potential.

His situational awareness would improve with another year under his belt.

There were two specific times that were pointed out by the announcers during last night's game wherein he could have gained yards or utilized the clock better to our advantage. Those types of moments and that higher-level game-awareness mean $omething to the NFL.

Hooker will be back next year unless he gets a serious injury during the remainder of the season.

He would not be drafted should he declare after this season. He comes back with a full off-season of work and balls out next year, maybe he can think about being drafted. Even then, he doesn't have the prototypical size to be drafted highly. Maybe if he is lucky, he can have a Dobbs like career of being a backup and not getting your brains beaten in on a weekly basis.
He’s listed as 6’4 220. That seems pretty close size-wise.

Never say never but if he’s making an informed decision, he’ll want to give the scouts a consistent track record. He’s never logged an entire season as the starter. JMO.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back