CFN predicts UT win total

Anyone that says “look at what LSU did to OU last year” and uses that as one of their basis for beating OU is in dreamland. LSU pretty much dominated everyone after they got on a roll. Mordecai almost had the job over Hurts and it’s not even a guarantee that Rattler is the starter. Even so, I’d take OU’s stable of QBs over ours.
To say their defense has taken two steps back is fan optimism. Grinch will have a pretty solid D ready.
OU by 3 touchdowns

I predicted 7-5 last year. Will go 8-4 losing to the big 4. Some pundits are saying UK will be much improved and should beat UT. For the life of me, I can't see it.

Tennessee basically has a 6 game schedule that will determine the season. The big 4 obviously and Kentucky and Carolina. If they lose to any of the other teams they should just fire Pruitt right after and be done with it.

11-1 is very likely.
Best outcome for this team would be 10-2. 9-3 being likely since we have more talent than 9 teams on the schedule(by a rather large margin) and very similar talent to Auburn.
Tennessee goes 10-2 with ONE break. 9-3 with no breaks and 8-4 with a bad call or major injury.
10-2 is very likely with that schedule. We will beat 2 of the 4. I'm guessing OU and UF.

New off-season...same D4H.

Reactions: bamawriter
If we truly have a top 10 D and can finally run the ball, we could give anyone a hard game, ANYONE.

imo we will be able to run the ball very good if we have a good qb. The good teams can stop a one dimensional offense, balanced attack and we can be very good.

I’d go.
1 Alabama
2 Oklahoma
3 Chumps
4)DTU

The other eight I fully expect to win them.

The other 4. They all have coaches better than BJ, Dooley and maybe Kiffin. I would like to play Ole Miss in Atlanta. If Alabama can’t get their to take their 2nd loss from us. Nah. It would be more fun to watch them go 0-12. I would pay to see us play them.

We got another Vol in the oven.

Congrats on the bun in the oven.

Right now it's still a BIG IF, but, if we can get our O going on the ground and in the air and our D is as good as we all hope it is then I believe we can get the WIN against 1 or maybe 2 of the big 4 teams and stun some people.

If we can get the WIN in Norman then that will seriously motivate our Team and should set the table for a very good season.

Last season should have taught our Team some VERY serious lessons and they should now know to punch every team in the face from the very first snap until the last snap and to never give up.

I hope we all see that refuse to lose mentality from game 1 onwards.

VFL...GBO!!!

Thanks.

When I told a friend we where expecting he thank me for always being able to make him feel better after talking with me.

I had a friend say to me once, after I told him that I and then wife, were expecting our 3rd. He just smiled and said. "You do know whats causing that, right?" I still use that line from time to time.

If JG is the QB we may lose to Charlotte

Exactly, he lost to BYU and Georgia State with his comical play and terrible decision making.

He was on the way to losing to IU in the Gator Bowl except for Pruitt calling the onside kick.

If JG starts the season as QB the Vols are in trouble!!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Was 8 & 5 fools Gold ?
8&5 could have been 10 &3 with GSU & BYU wins
8 & 5 could have been 6 & 7 with losses to goal line stand 17-13 UK, win 4 point game vs Missouri & win onside kick IU win
I think we go 8 & 5 again with closer losses to UGA ,UF, Bama & Oklahoma and close loss to USC on the road. We win our 8 games very convincingly.

instead of beating Vandy by 8 blow them out
Blow out Missouri at home instead of 4 point win
win convincingly vs UK at home instead of holding your breat on goal line stand
Blowout all OOC sans Oklahoma
Still 8 & 5 but a stronger team that wins big in Bowl game

Reactions: vettefool
Anyone that says “look at what LSU did to OU last year” and uses that as one of their basis for beating OU is in dreamland. LSU pretty much dominated everyone after they got on a roll. Mordecai almost had the job over Hurts and it’s not even a guarantee that Rattler is the starter. Even so, I’d take OU’s stable of QBs over ours.
To say their defense has taken two steps back is fan optimism. Grinch will have a pretty solid D ready.
OU by 3 touchdowns
I’m afraid you might be right. Hope we at least make it close.

VN Store

Back