CBS-SEC end relationship

Seeing a lot of people of twitter happy that CBS isn't renewing their contract with the SEC because they won't have to hear Gary Danielson anymore

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'm reading this thread and maybe I'm out in the wilderness by myself here.

I don't care. Is that crazy? CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox. What difference does it make?

And some of the broadcasters you are happy are "losing their jobs" will simply be hired by another network. Todd Blackledge was with ESPN, went to CBS, went back to ESPN. Sean McDonough same thing. And let's face it. Most of the people doing a broadcast are as disposable as Kleenex, especially sideline reporters. By the time she turns 25, she's too old and is replaced by someone who is 21.

Some people are better than others and that's true at every network.

But to suggest "college football traditions are being ruined".....give me a break. We're upset about a network losing broadcast rights because of pregame intro music? Really?

Truth of life. The broadcast is better when you win and sucks when you lose. It's not fun listening to an analyst provide detailed description of how the opponent is kicking your rear and therefore is better than your team.

JMO.

Last edited:
No...after 2023 (or after a buyout before then), CBS won’t be showing any SEC games.

That's not the way I understood it but you may be correct about not showing any SEC games at all. CBS's production of the games sucked anyway. I would rather listen to Dick Vitale call a football game than Danielson.

That's not the way I understood it but you may be correct about not showing any SEC games at all. CBS's production of the games sucked anyway. I would rather listen to Dick Vitale call a football game than Danielson.
I had no intention of subscribing to disney plus. I will see less sec football now. This blows.

Reactions: tbones0711
Worse bro, Disney. They run so much politics down here (and not for the good) and they work they're staff like indentured servants. Horrible company when you peel back the layers of what they're really about which is money, greed, and shareholders only.
Then it’s good I’m a shareholder?

From a cord cutters perspective, this sucks.

CBS always streams their broadcast for free.
ESPN requires a login tied to a cable account.

Unless like it's been mentioned and Disney will include this in some sort of streaming package like Dplus or Hulu...

Worse bro, Disney. They run so much politics down here (and not for the good) and they work they're staff like indentured servants. Horrible company when you peel back the layers of what they're really about which is money, greed, and shareholders only.
They're pushing the "New World Order" agenda which is pretty deep stuff. I'll never subscribe to their programming which is really them attempting to "program" viewers. Hate to see them involved with the SEC. It's all about the dollar.

Reactions: onevol74
From a cord cutters perspective, this sucks.

CBS always streams their broadcast for free.
ESPN requires a login tied to a cable account.

Unless like it's been mentioned and Disney will include this in some sort of streaming package like Dplus or Hulu...
I guess we'll just have to stay tuned and find out. I'm through with my current cable provider after the National Championship game. I'll probably sign back up 2 days prior to UT - OU game in '20 unless I take the time to get the science of streaming down pat.

I'm reading this thread and maybe I'm out in the wilderness by myself here.

I don't care. Is that crazy? CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox. What difference does it make?

And some of the broadcasters you are happy are "losing their jobs" will simply be hired by another network. Todd Blackledge was with ESPN, went to CBS, went back to ESPN. Sean McDonough same thing. And let's face it. Most of the people doing a broadcast are as disposable as Kleenex, especially sideline reports. By the time she turns 25, she's too old and is replaced by someone who is 21.

Some people are better than others and that's true at every network.

But to suggest "college football traditions are being ruined".....give me a break. We're upset about a network losing broadcast rights because of pregame intro music? Really?

Truth of life. The broadcast is better when you win and sucks when you lose. It's not fun listening to an analyst provide detailed description of how the opponent is kicking your rear and therefore is better than your team.

JMO.

Explalin Tracy Wolfson and her mole!

Well if you want to avoid Fake News, subscribe to OAN. Otherwise, Propaganda it is. AND you may be on to something. The Lefties want to take violence out of football so it could evolve into Video Games. You never know these days.

Naw, OAN is just as biased and hypocritical as everyone else. People pick their networks according to what they want to hear and see, whether it's the truth or not. Left or Right, I prefer doing my own thinking and making my own decisions instead of being told what to think and decide by anyone else. I'm nobody's puppet. As for Vols games, I have my ways of watching them when network greediness goes beyond a certain tolerance line.

Last edited:
Disney really messed up me watching my Braves after the buy out this summer. They jacked up the cost of Sports South and still hasn't resolved it with Dish.

is Ryan Leaf or Beth Mowens better ?

Beth Mowens is play by play. Danielson is color analyst.

Congrats, in Leaf, you’ve named the only guy I’ve heard this year who is worse than Danielson as a color analyst. I can name 25 or so better than Danielson. Danielson blows. Hard.

VN Store

Back