CBB Transfer Portal

Does anyone remember what happened with Cameron Justice's recruitment? He grew up less than 3 hours from Knoxville.

He committed to Vandy, then he transferred (after his freshman year I think). He is now a junior at IUPUI, where he is a starter, and prob the best player on their team. He averages over 32 minutes per and over 18 points per.

This has probably been discussed already but I think it would good to get a veteran point guard to go along with James and have Turner concentrate on playing the 2 and increasing his scoring. This is if Bone stays in the draft.

Justice didn't get a lot of playing time at Vanderbilt, played behind Matthew Fisher-Davis and Riley LeChance, both were great 3 point shooters. Stallings was a hard coach to play for, lots of players left Vandy during his tenure,

Fulkerson can be the rim protector Alexander was this past season and if he develops a consistent mid range jump shot during this off season, he could be a viable offensive threat next season and is Kent going to transfer?

Fulkerson can be the rim protector Alexander was this past season and if he develops a consistent mid range jump shot during this off season, he could be a viable offensive threat next season and is Kent going to transfer?

Fulkerson a rim protector? Not sure I can buy into that.

Reactions: C/O and SweetDaddy
Why? It is currently one of his better qualities as a player. He was 3rd in total blocks, and 2nd in blocks per 40 mins on the team behind Kyle Alexander.
I wouldn’t call Fulk a rim protector. He is pretty good at getting blocks from the backside from his help defense though.

Last edited:
Fulkerson is not big or strong enough to play Center at Tennessee. I love the kid and I think he will continue to get better but Fulky is a forward not a Center.

Some here wont accept that fact.

If Fulkerson is our 5 next year we wont be much of a threat to win anything.

And some will fail to recognize that many teams don't play with a true 5 rim protector.

I'd agree Fulkerson is more of a 4 but then again Virgina just won a Natty without a true 5 protecting the rim.

Reactions: cncchris33
If he gained 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season, would that change your mind (and his role)?

If he gained 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season, would that change your mind (and his role)?
His freshmen season before his injury:
  • Turned in an impressive performance against No. 13 Oregon, logging his first career double-double with 12 points, a game-high 10 rebounds, five blocks, two steals and two assists in 37 minutes of work.
If he can get the body to college standards, the skills are there.

Why? It is currently one of his better qualities as a player. He was 3rd in total blocks, and 2nd in blocks per 40 mins on the team behind Kyle Alexander.
Few remember his freshmen season before his injury. alexander couldn't get on the floor. He was blocking shots and rebounding like a madman. I lot of his mistakes this season were from trying too hard and of course the strength factor. One has to wonder what he would be now had he not suffered the string of injuries.

We're unlikely to be a true 5 team. The college game rarely has true 5s.

We're basically a 2 forward 3 guard team. Fulkerson can and will be one of those forwards in the rotation, I'm more worried about his overall durability with additional minutes more so than production. He's an active guy, won't be running the offense through him or anything. But he crashes the boards hard and plays good solid defense. Where he has issues is when he's posted up. He hasn't got the strength or size to really keep guys from pushing him under the basket and if he's on their back he really doesn't have the length to still bother shots like Kyle and has yet to show the quick twitch explosiveness of Grant to get vertical fast enough to bother shots when posted up.

Reactions: Vols All Day
The Hauser brothers are both transferring from Marquette
This shocked me when I saw it on Twitter. Surprised with Howard coming back that they decided to transfer, especially since of them doesn't look like a grad transfer. Will be very interesting to see what happens with them.

This shocked me when I saw it on Twitter. Surprised with Howard coming back that they decided to transfer, especially since of them doesn't look like a grad transfer. Will be very interesting to see what happens with them.
Wow. Yeah they will have to sit out. Seems very odd

VN Store

Back