CBB Transfer Portal

He shoots over 40% from 3. He's not that streaky. Hitting the grad transfer market isn't going to land you JJ Reddick
He didnt look that great the few times i saw him. But im not an evaluator of talent so if and only if he is in UT orange i will root for success.

I don't think there is a shooter out there that isn't streaky from 3 unless they just can't shoot and always suck

2/5 every game isn't happening

Reactions: Vols All Day
I'm assuming Grant is coming back, and that Bone is gone. I think we're ok at PG with JJ, Turner, Bowden, and even Grant in a pinch. SG is also fine since those 3 minus grant can play there, plus Johnson and Pons. SF is not as good with no one really consistent there with Pons, Johnson, and Gaines. PF is questionable behind grant since Pember is a freshman, but about the only other person with the skillset to do it. Fulkerson can probably get away with it (particularly on defense), but he can't stretch the floor at all and has the skillset of a 5. Walker is the same way. Center will be relying on Burns mainly and Fulkerson, and hoping you can get something from Kent and Walker.

I guess that PF is our weakest position behind Grant (if he even comes back). Center as well, depending on how they feel about burns.

I'm assuming Grant is coming back, and that Bone is gone. I think we're ok at PG with JJ, Turner, Bowden, and even Grant in a pinch. SG is also fine since those 3 minus grant can play there, plus Johnson and Pons. SF is not as good with no one really consistent there with Pons, Johnson, and Gaines. PF is questionable behind grant since Pember is a freshman, but about the only other person with the skillset to do it. Fulkerson can probably get away with it (particularly on defense), but he can't stretch the floor at all and has the skillset of a 5. Walker is the same way. Center will be relying on Burns mainly and Fulkerson, and hoping you can get something from Kent and Walker.

I guess that PF is our weakest position behind Grant (if he even comes back). Center as well, depending on how they feel about burns.
If Bone is gone, we will need another point guard. We actually needed another point guard this year. We could use a defensive point guard that can run an offense. If we don’t find someone who can stop penetration our defense will be worse next year because we won’t have Kyle protecting the rim. Truthfully, I don’t think we have a position on this team that couldn’t use an upgrade. There isn’t a guy on the team right now that has been consistent.

Last edited:
If Bone is gone, we will need another point guard. We actually needed another point guard this year. Preferably, we could use a defensive point guard that can run an offense. If we don’t find someone who can stop penetration our defense will be worse next year because we won’t have Kyle protecting the rim.

There has never been a 5 star that is expected to do less by this fan base in any sport then James. It's weird really

Last edited:
Reactions: k-town_king
There has never been a 5 start that is expected to do less by this fan base in any sport then James. It's weird really
If James replaces Bone, we are still in the position we were in this year. Lamonte is best playing the two because the offense doesn’t run smoothly when he runs the point. While Bowden understand what we were looking for at the pg position, he didn’t have the ballhanding skills to execute what we needed. So, if we can find a pg who can cut off penetration and set the offense up,we are in a position.

Nevada freshman, and former McD AA, Jordan Brown enters the portal. 6-11, 210, didn’t put up huge numbers for Nevada, but has obvious size and pedigree.

Only had about 10 min per, but if a freshman big man can hit 63% from the line I think it shows he can at the very least develop a shot. Now if he could develop with the use of his size, he could be pretty good.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
If Bone is gone, we will need another point guard. We actually needed another point guard this year. We could use a defensive point guard that can run an offense. If we don’t find someone who can stop penetration our defense will be worse next year because we won’t have Kyle protecting the rim. Truthfully, I don’t think we have a position on this team that couldn’t use an upgrade. There isn’t a guy on the team right now that has been consistent.
You know we were a top 10 team last year? It's not like we are returning only terrible players. Turner and Bowden are very good defenders on the perimeter. Grant has been the model of consistency, Turner and Bowden had rough patches late in the season but we consistent pretty much all year. Obviously we won't know about Burns and JJ as they haven't played yet, but they are our highest rated recruits to date with Barnes. That's 5 people and could theoretically be your starters. I guess Fulkerson is also consistent, but it's not like he will ever give you huge production. We do need Pons, Johnson and Walker/Kent to get better as they will be very important next year.

So what or why does this mean anything to us? I saw no big middle man on this list , nor did I see a wing man with the height we could use. As for point guard, I think we have a pretty good one as is. (as long as he stays) Now show me a big middle man or a tall (6'9" or more) wing man with a really good 3 shot and the ability to drive and/or a really good off guard shooter, then I might get interested.

We already have one. Take a look at Drew Pember, impressive.

The freshman center from Cal is entering the portal.
My buddy is a cal fan so I’ve watched him play a few times this year. I’d prefer a big bruiser but I like this kid’s game. Very smooth mid-range game. Good genes and you can’t teach 7’3”...

He’s from Arkansas originally and considered Memphis before picking Cal. I wonder if he’s open to heading back east

I think Fulky with confidence will be a good rim protector. He has the ability. But im excited to see Burns play.

I think Fulky with confidence will be a good rim protector. He has the ability. But im excited to see Burns play.

If Fulky and Pember can add some weight and strength, along with a consistent 5 - 10 footer for Fulky, they would add a whole new dimension to this team. They would be a good change-up for each other on offense.

Cameron Justice is graduating and transferring from IUPUI, he was at Vandy the first couple of years, former Vol recruit. He’s a really good 3pt shooter, averaged 18ppg last year shooting 7.5 3’s a game and hitting 35% of them.

Man, I remember him. Would be interesting if Vols got involved there. Don't know if he'd fit in with Barnes, but I imagine he could be useful on next year's roster.

Does anyone remember what happened with Cameron Justice's recruitment? He grew up less than 3 hours from Knoxville.

VN Store

Back