CBB Transfer Portal

He was between them and UVA coming out of high school. Wonder if they’re and option. Hunter going pro and Key and Diakite will be seniors next season.

We're unlikely to be a true 5 team. The college game rarely has true 5s.

We're basically a 2 forward 3 guard team. Fulkerson can and will be one of those forwards in the rotation, I'm more worried about his overall durability with additional minutes more so than production. He's an active guy, won't be running the offense through him or anything. But he crashes the boards hard and plays good solid defense. Where he has issues is when he's posted up. He hasn't got the strength or size to really keep guys from pushing him under the basket and if he's on their back he really doesn't have the length to still bother shots like Kyle and has yet to show the quick twitch explosiveness of Grant to get vertical fast enough to bother shots when posted up.

Fulky also needs to be better with the ball. He seems to get nervous when there is not an obvious option to get rid of the ball. Hopefully, this should improve with playing time.

Would certainly be a good pick up; however because one would be a senior and the other a sophomore, I’de take Jordan Brown of Nevada all day every day.

That's a good point, but I thought all indications were that Brown was following Musselman to Arkansas. I haven't read anything (yet) that leads me to think that Blackshear is just going to follow Williams to Texas A&M although he might.

That's a good point, but I thought all indications were that Brown was following Musselman to Arkansas. I haven't read anything (yet) that leads me to think that Blackshear is just going to follow Williams to Texas A&M although he might.

He certainly might be, and I could be wrong but I thought he is from Arkansas. But really Tennessee prob doesn’t know if they can get any of these guys...........but hopefully they are trying like heck regardless.

Would certainly be a good pick up; however because one would be a senior and the other a sophomore, I’de take Jordan Brown of Nevada all day every day.
But Brown has to sit a year. That is the tipping point for me. And Brown as a former McD AA really disappointed this year. No guarantee we coax the talent and hype out of him. Blackshear is a guaranteed asset.

Yea normally I guess that wouldn’t be as much of problem........however Tennessee has a space problem. I get it, but man that will be a big pick up for someone.
Based on what, his ranking? I would rather take the sure thing that has produced in the best basketball conference.

People are oversimplifying things when they say a normal student can transfer anytime they want. While it is definitely easier and less restrictive for a strictly academic transfer there are still a lot of hoops both must jump through especially if on scholarship.

So yes if as a student i'm paying my own way and transferring to a school which will respect all the credits I earned from my past university 1 for 1 and i get accepted yes its pretty easy. Once you start getting into advanced degrees, scholarships and so on its get much more complex.

Second and more on topic. If student-athletes had carte-blanche to just up and leave anytime they wanted that would end up in a lot of horror stories. As bad as it seems the stupidly annoying process he NCAA has on transfers helps a lot more kids than it hurts. It would be open season for the big schools to just freely cherry pick and poach. Not only that a lot more of these kids would end their careers in more debt than they already do now. We are talking about 18-22 year olds who in general are much more impulsive, entitled and lacking experience. In the case of student athletes performing at that level tend to be even more entitled because they have in general spent a lot of time on a pedestal. It goes back to something coaches Warlick and Auriemma mentioned recently. Players these days are a lot different you can't coach them like you did years ago and its true. If they had free agency it would be totally out of control. Free Agency in the pros works because 1 there is money attached and 2 the players are (slightly) more mature. Its a lot easier to take "crap" from a coach/organization when they are paying you millions.

Also the NCAA has enough trouble keeping up with cheating as things are now. multiply that by 1000 once kids start moving from school to school yearly enmasse.

Based on what, his ranking? I would rather take the sure thing that has produced in the best basketball conference.

No based on 3 years potential vs 1. The addition for the one would be great. However the addition for the possible 3 would give time to gel with a team, time to grow with the system, and time to develop......and possibly give 3 years with more than Tennessee may could acquire after the one year was gone.

No based on 3 years potential vs 1. The addition for the one would be great. However the addition for the possible 3 would give time to gel with a team, time to grow with the system, and time to develop......and possibly give 3 years with more than Tennessee may could acquire after the one year was gone.
I’m saying what’re you basing his impact on? He may not be good?

I’m saying what’re you basing his impact on? He may not be good?

If your a MC Donald’s All American, you certainly have talent. We have seen what Barnes has been able to do at Tennessee with talent.........one has to figure Barnes could develop that talent.

I think what ever schools go after him, they treat him like they would a senior HS recruit. They have seen him, they know what he can offer, and figure they can develop into the player they want.......not what he has done his freshman year.

Also if we hadn’t seen how Barnes has developed talent, one would have to pass.......but with the kids “ability” and the ability of Barnes and his staff I would think he could be a good 2 year player, and on a long shot 3.

Fulkerson is not big or strong enough to play Center at Tennessee. I love the kid and I think he will continue to get better but Fulky is a forward not a Center.
I’m sure he won’t be working out in the off season.
Actually Fulk is strong he just lacks bulk and had a pretty devestaing arm injury. To be where he is, is pretty remarkable. He has probably half of the high light dunks from this season.
If he learns to defend better and cut fouls, watch out.

VN Store

Back