Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

So you’re suggesting that both teams sucking brings peace? I think not.

Hey, it's a theory. It either brings peace in our time, or carnage, hatred, and war on a scale heretofore unknown in this or any other world.

A lot of pressure on @volfanbill here. His choices determine how this plays out. Prosperity, harmony, and community along 15-501, or a hellscape that makes Dante look like Mickey-Freaking-Mouse.

Destiny waits.......

Carolina has the same problems that they had last year. They lack a reliable Alpha. Bacot is a fine player, but he’s more of a #2 guy instead of a player that the opponent has to figure out how to stop. Love has regressed, or at least is mired in a horrible shooting slump, and Davis might be the best player/best shooter, but he’s also needed to distribute the ball as opposed to playing off the ball. In general, they don’t share the ball enough, but missed shots negate would-be assists so that’s a factor there. Maybe Manek actually became the Alpha guy last year when they went on their run and that’s the difference that can’t be overcome with this year’s team.

Reactions: Vol423
Carolina has the same problems that they had last year. They lack a reliable Alpha. Bacot is a fine player, but he’s more of a #2 guy instead of a player that the opponent has to figure out how to stop. Love has regressed, or at least is mired in a horrible shooting slump, and Davis might be the best player/best shooter, but he’s also needed to distribute the ball as opposed to playing off the ball. In general, they don’t share the ball enough, but missed shots negate would-be assists so that’s a factor there. Maybe Manek actually became the Alpha guy last year when they went on their run and that’s the difference that can’t be overcome with this year’s team.

This. Manek was out of his mind in March. And for some reason, everyone thought UNC wouldn’t skip a beat by plugging in a transfer from Northwestern because he could shoot. Carolina can be good, but Manek’s loss was way undervalued IMO.

Like I said, I’m cool not being included. Expecting friendliness and charm out of me towards Carolina fans of sickening to even ponder.

The real reason for this year’s struggles from both teams is because @RDU VOL#14 let a dirty Heels fan start this year’s thread

Like I said, I’m cool not being included. Expecting friendliness and charm out of me towards Carolina fans of sickening to even ponder.

The real reason for this year’s struggles from both teams is because @RDU VOL#14 let a dirty Heels fan start this year’s thread
I let you all down. I acknowledge this. It is my fault. There won’t be a repeat for next year. I’ll create the real one and Duke will once again prosper.

Nothing going to change the fact that Carolina sent Duke home from the Final Four in Coach K’s last game. 😁

Nothing going to change the fact that Carolina sent Duke home from the Final Four in Coach K’s last game. 😁
Neither team is ranked. You wanna live in the past, go for it. Even worse, regardless of Saturday’s outcome, the first sentence likely remains the same next week

Well, okie dokie then. I'll continue to be friendly and charming, and eventually it will wear you down to at least civility! :)

Patience is my super-power. It may take months or years, but I will build that bridge across 15-501. Your entrenched hatred and hostility stand no chance........

:cool::cool::cool:
You played hacky sack at Weaver St in Carrboro a lot didn’t you? 😁

Good Half. Can’t believe Duke is out scoring Carolina 16-0 in transition. Definitely a change in philosophy from Roy’s days.

They found a way to win but that was a long way from anything close to Carolina/Duke.

Yikes.

The defensive play of Duke's bigs was the difference in this game. UNC tried to score inside throughout the game--guard drives to the basket
or shots by Bacot and others--but Duke's two 7-footers blocked almost or altered almost of the Carolina attempts around the rim. They made it tough for the Heels. Duke's defense was pretty stout all game.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It wasn’t pretty, but it’s still intense. Best rivalry in basketball.

There’s A LOT wrong with Carolina.
easily the most hesitant group I’ve seen
It’s clear that the offense ran through Manek
Bacot seems lost without a solid post player
Guard play looks like they’ve never played the position.

I’m not sure how he’s still recruiting top guys but the next man up better be ready to plug holes in the ship

VN Store

Back