Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

With all due respect to the thread title and celebrating last season, you guys sucked for 3/4 of the season and squeaked into the tournament as an 8 or 9 and then caught lightning in a bottle. You lost your best scorer, the reason you went on your run and expect to be the same? No. You’re still gonna be good, but let’s not pretend that losing Manek isnt huge.

Thread title checks out BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
With all due respect to the thread title and celebrating last season, you guys sucked for 3/4 of the season and squeaked into the tournament as an 8 or 9 and then caught lightning in a bottle. You lost your best scorer, the reason you went on your run and expect to be the same? No. You’re still gonna be good, but let’s not pretend that losing Manek isnt huge.

Thread title checks out BTW

No doubt. I think I’ve said as much, and even though he’s a capable replacement for Manek, Nance does some different things. He can shoot, but he’s not a volume shooter like Manek. More of a pick-and-pop, gotta-respect-his-shot kinda guy, not one that you draw up a play for and try to get him open for three.

Watching Carolina play these first three games, you would think they’re playing a pick up game on the neighborhood court, and none of them has ever met each other before tip-off. They’re playing with zero team chemistry. They better get their crap together, or they’re going to drop games to anyone with a pulse coming up on their schedule. They have Indiana at the end of this month, but they could even drop a game before then.
You can’t say we didn’t see this coming.

I’m all for shooters shooting until you find your shot… but at some point when the whole team can’t shoot, you need to reevaluate

I would have enjoyed that game much more if Roy was still coaching.

I actually want Hubert to succeed, unlike that ballsack Roy.

F that guy for retiring.

Reactions: volfanbill

F that guy for retiring.
The look on his face when they made a decision on the block/goal tend was priceless though. Otherwise, that was the worst multiple OT game in history.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
This Duke team is gross. Have to get an offensive identity.
I agree, there is no identity with this team. The good news is that this Duke team isn’t peaking in November like previous Duke teams. Lots of potential, just young .
RDT

I was tired of the ACC/Big 10 challenge honestly. Glad this is happening.
It needed a change. Should be some good matchups. Honestly, I wish this could be pulled off with football. Would love to see an SEC/B1G or Big 12 challenge spaced out over 2 weekends.

F that guy for retiring.

Usually coaches coming back aren’t bad but this is past ridiculous. It’s ok to miss a game Roy but it’s almost like you’re saying “miss me yet?”.

Usually coaches coming back aren’t bad but this is past ridiculous. It’s ok to miss a game Roy but it’s almost like you’re saying “miss me yet?”.
I always thought it was added pressure on Hubert for Roy to be at every game. I did until last March, but I still find it a little odd.

Beyond Duke and Carolina, can we talk about how bad Louisville and FSU are? Their combined record is 1-14. How is that even possible? These are big time programs. That’s unbelievable

I always thought it was added pressure on Hubert for Roy to be at every game. I did until last March, but I still find it a little odd.

Beyond Duke and Carolina, can we talk about how bad Louisville and FSU are? Their combined record is 1-14. How is that even possible? These are big time programs. That’s unbelievable

I’ll bet that leads to some interesting conversations between coaches and the AD. Yikes.

Louisville is a big time basketball program. FSU has had a decent little run lately. They're not a big time basketball program though.

Hopefully the newly released rankings wakes Carolina out of the coma they've been in so far this season. Duke hasn't looked good either, but at least they have valid excuses of a first year head coach and an incredibly young team. Carolina is just playing lazy, selfish ball.

When is the last time that the Men's College Basketball Rankings had this many historical power house programs ranked from 17 to 21?

1669861779864.png

UT #13 in the new rankings. Kansas at #9. 🧐 Both teams have one loss. Did the CFP committee decide the basketball rankings too?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Louisville is a big time basketball program. FSU has had a decent little run lately. They're not a big time basketball program though.
I think Leonard Hamilton is a really good coach. FSU is always a tournament team. They don’t have Louisville’s pedigree, but they’re a very good program.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back