Candidates to replace David Johnson?

Pruitt's comments from the Sports Animal segment about what he's looking for in a hire:

“Well, we’ll be looking for a guy that, No. 1, is a good person, that the players come first, that he wants to help them grow and develop as student-athletes on and off the field. Guy that’s a good recruiter, good staff guy, that can coach his position, bring something in special teams and wants to be at the University of Tennessee.”

I am somewhat disappointed in T's performance last year. The receivers seemed to be about the same as they were the previous year and I was not impressed with his recruiting this year. Johnson was much better in coaching and recruiting this past season. If he remains on the staff, I expect to see greater production in both areas.

I agree but in fairness QB play was very inconsistent all season but you make a good point

I am somewhat disappointed in T's performance last year. The receivers seemed to be about the same as they were the previous year and I was not impressed with his recruiting this year. Johnson was much better in coaching and recruiting this past season. If he remains on the staff, I expect to see greater production in both areas.
Receivers were clearly better than the previous season. How much of that was Tee and how much was Chaney and the scheme could be argued, but it wasn’t a stagnant situation.

Him adding the part about bringing something to special teams, is that a hint that maybe that our current special teams coach is on his way out? Sherrer (sp)
Edit: nevermind after I posted this I remember coach P saying that every coach is involved with special teams. Lol got exited thinking there might be a home for tosh on the D side.

My List of Candidates....

Easy 1st call is Frank Wilson, is available and looking for job. Great recruiter and produced good backs at LSU.. he was responsible for recruiting alot of talent to LSU...

now to list of guys in no particular order... but in tiers

Top Tier....

Jay Graham
Frank Wilson
Tony Alford
Stan Drayton
John Settle

Mid Tier....

Derrick Nix
Jabbar Juluke
Lance Taylor
Tyrone Wheatley

Bottom Tier (Not saying bad choice just saying in order of preference)

Promoting Osovet
Montrario Hardesty

Easy 1st call is Frank Wilson, is available and looking for job. Great recruiter and produced good backs at LSU.. he was responsible for recruiting alot of talent to LSU...

Top Tier....

Jay Graham
Frank Wilson
Tony Alford
Stan Drayton
John Settle

Mid Tier....

Derrick Nix
Jabbar Juluke
Lance Taylor
Tyrone Wheatley

Promoting Osovet
Montrario Hardesty
what about Tommie Robinson, current LSU RB coach or Dell McGee?

Maybe Porter would like to go back to coaching RBs. It would probably take a bump in pay since he would lose his RC title but we wouldn’t lose anything in Memphis that’s for sure.

Greatest fanbase!! We break out our list of coaches for a rb coach, when 80% of bama "fans" can't name their head coach😂😂
2 weeks ago a local fireman told me he was a gator fan.... Long story short he couldn't tell me who they was gonna play in their Bowl game. Anyway fwitw

Reactions: pimo1
Guys, I haven’t read the whole thread but I don’t think we should look at Osovet as ‘settling’. The guy is a fine offensive mind and supposedly a decent recruiter.

Of the names I've seen mentioned, Id like Graham, or Hardesty. Joe Pannunzio is way too old. Neids should stay where he is. Joe Osovert may would be ok and deserves a better position, just don't think RB is it. Most forget that Hardesty was here with Pruitt before. Would he come back? Graham also worked with Pruitt at FSU. Would he want to work with Pruitt again and would he want to come back to Knoxville for a 3rd time?

Hoping for....

Jay Graham
Frank Wilson
Bryan McClendon

Then it not I'd be ok with

Montario Hardesty
Joe Osovet

Not interested in Pannunzio

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hoping for....

Jay Graham
Frank Wilson
Bryan McClendon

Then it not I'd be ok with

Montario Hardesty
Joe Osovet

Not interested in Pannunzio
Me either...i've seen his fat butt sitting on a barstool way to much. Not saying he is an alcoholic or anything, but I never got the impression of relentless work ethic.

Top Tier....

Jay Graham
Frank Wilson
Tony Alford
Stan Drayton
John Settle

Mid Tier....

Derrick Nix
Jabbar Juluke
Lance Taylor
Tyrone Wheatley

Promoting Osovet
Montrario Hardesty

Good list....I would throw Chris Jones name in the hat.

VN Store

Back