Candace Parker gets into scuffle...(merged)

Do you feel obligated to watch an Arena League game every time a former UT player is playing? How about the CFL or NBA D League?

I take interest in every sport that a former Vol competes in. Unless they are an athlete who wasn't proud of going to UT or I just couldn't stand. I'm not going to say that I seek out CFL, swimming, softball, the WNBA, etc. I will watch and support when I come across it. Being so disrespectful and demeaning to former UT athletes because of their sex is completely classless.

What did Lisa Leslie do? You say you saw her throw one of her notorious elbow shots at the Detroit assistant coach? When did this happen, was it after she was shoved by the asst. coach or before?

Before she was "shoved"...she went charging in to the gang of players & after Mahorn. Looked to me like she was on her heels in retreat when he "pushed" her...so made it easy to take a dive like she's good at doing. In later clips I saw it looked to me like she actually popped Mahorn in the head with a hand or fist.

You say Parker wasn't innocent in her actions? I was watching last night too and I didn't see Candace do anything until she was run over by that Detroit player. It didn't show it in the replay but after that player ran over Candace I heard Candace grabbed the player, pulled her down and punched her.

If the refs had stepped in as soon as Parker & Pierson banged bodies, ran into, pulled down each other after that free throw, the rest might have not started. I don't have any problem with players defending themselves, just might as well be more strategic about how they do go about it to keep. Especially at that point in a game...what 4 seconds left & you're ahead...why bother.

I've said before that I love the WNBA and have followed it since inception. It's so nice to be able to watch college players beyond their NCAA careers. Don't mind a little frackus either but prefer good hard play.

PS. Sitting here watching LA/NY & the announcers just talked about LL throwing an elbow but the NY player getting the call & that if you'r playing against LL you better be ready for the elbows. Oh, and LA has been behind since the 1st quarter until just now at 1:00 left...wonder what's going to happen now!

they showed her in slow mo on EPSN and circled her. She hurt herself. No one layed a finger on her.

Heard someone comment that she had hurt it earlier in the game...but all she was doing was trying to hold someone back & seemed to twist or turn on it.
Big bummer whatever.

VN Store

Back