Cancer cure?

I mean holistic as in treating the whole pt. There's often a body and a mind attached to a pancreas.
I've seen some MD's that qualify as quacks also.

Would you please quit trying to educate a medical student? Do you really think your 10-20 or so years of experience as a nurse outweighs the knowledge of a 2nd year med student?

So that surgeon in the Geico commercial is REAL?????
Yup...i had a sitter with my out of control pt one night. The news was on talking about a 60 year old doctor that lost his license and was currently incarcerated. She started laughing and said he used to work here.
Apparently convicted for doing unnecessary procedures and Medicaid fraud. I have worked with a few i wouldn't allow to touch me. They always get sorted out.

All MDs/DOs are taught to treat the whole patient as well. Im not sure how the naturopathic people were able to convince people that normal physicians are incapable of this. Sure, but that’s a significantly smaller percentage than those who practice naturopathy.
Not all normal physicians are equal is my point. I don't class naturopaths with physicians.

I would not dare, I just go to work at the icu and wing it. After all I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

Which do you find the most difficult to work with, newly minted physicians or the old ones set in their way?

Would you please quit trying to educate a medical student? Do you really think your 10-20 or so years of experience as a nurse outweighs the knowledge of a 2nd year med student?

This is nonsense. I have the utmost respect for nurses. We’re having a general conversation about naturopathic vs MD/DO. We’re not having a discussion on what should we do with Jim in room 4.

Hubris is taught in year 1. So PV has that going for him; which is nice.

Quite the contrary. Getting that acceptance letter feels nice, but it’s a humbling journey up until you are finally an attending. 3rd year resident? The attendings get on your ass. 1st year resident? The 2nd or 3rd year residents get on your ass. 3rd or 4th year student? The residents and attendings don’t take you seriously. 1st or 2nd year? Fetuses.

Reactions: RavinDave and McDad
Quite the contrary. Getting that acceptance letter feels nice, but it’s a humbling journey up until you are finally an attending. 3rd year resident? The attendings get on your ass. 1st year resident? The 2nd or 3rd year residents get on your ass. 3rd or 4th year student? The residents and attendings don’t take you seriously. 1st or 2nd year? Fetuses.
Just focus on not killing anyone as a resident and attending.
(Macabre medical humor applied to everyone and not directly at you as an individual).

Yes, med students get it from every side. It's not an easy journey. I still fail to understand why any medical school would want tired residents working 12, on call for 12, then on for 12. It's seriously abusive. We used to encourage our med students to go to the call room and sleep.

Which do you find the most difficult to work with, newly minted physicians or the old ones set in their way?
I've worked with the spectrum Hogg. The most difficult one to work with is the one who won't do anything or delays treatment.

Reactions: Behr
Might be news for some of you but something will be getting all of us, we can only delay the inevitable

Yes, med students get it from every side. It's not an easy journey. I still fail to understand why any medical school would want tired residents working 12, on call for 12, then on for 12. It's seriously abusive. We used to encourage our med students to go to the call room and sleep.

One of the students brought that up. A student asked why we can’t have less hours, and the professor said would you rather finish residency in 3 years or 7?

Might be news for some of you but something will be getting all of us, we can only delay the inevitable
I'm cool with that, I've been expecting it since I first heard about it. I can guarentee you I won't be taxing anyone in Medicare. I'm getting a tattoo about my left breast that says, unless I'm choking, let it go with the 🚫 sign next to no ECMO, no VAD, no extensive measures. My advanced directive says the same thing. If I know it's time, me and a case of beam are going into the mountain until the beam wins.

Public service announcement: fill out an advanced directive so no one wonders what you would do in a situation where you can't speak or direct your healthcare.

VN Store

Back