Can you see the process now ?????

I'm not sure he was given the right by Hart or anyone to plug through 2 football seasons with a "serviceable QB" trying to scare up a win here and there.
This "plan" cost Tennessee the Florida game,maybe a shot at Oklahoma and Georgia(though Worley played well) and God knows how many more the rest of this season.

I'm 100 % behind Jones but wasting seasons to benefit some long term goal that may or may not bear fruit is not good for his credibility in other decision making areas.

I'm glad I probably have a couple more seasons to see how this turns out .

There's the ****ty agent who can't read again. I said if we can bring in two more recruiting classes like the one we had we can compete for an SEC championship.

Did I ever say we will win an SEC championship? You bring in a top 5 recruiting class 3 to 4 years in a row and have coaches who can get out of their own way you can compete.

I feel we have coaches with the experience and direction to get the job done. Hopefully we can keep recruiting the way we are and we will be back.

No clue and I never said you did. So I will throw the lack of reading comprehension right back at you chief.

I am typing this incredibly slow so hopefully it will sink in with you though.

What is the point of even broaching the subject of SEC titles until this program gets to .500 and actually makes a bowl first under Jones?

It flies in the face of what you and others keep ranting against, you don't like people setting unrealistic expectations in one breath while lecturing everyone on the "process".

And yet, in the next, you want to skip the climb to .500 and discuss SEC titles after a couple of recruiting classes. You want to keep talking process? How about letting this team grow without putting the exact same expectations on them that you are complaining about??

I think Butch saw that it was very possible to reach a bowl with Worley. Until the UF debacle he would be correct. Then Worley went south and he knew he needed to forgo the eztra year of Dobbs to salvage the season.

But I'm not sure why Dobbs.wasn't backup?

No clue and I never said you did. So I will throw the lack of reading comprehension right back at you chief.

I am typing this incredibly slow so hopefully it will sink in with you though.

What is the point of even broaching the subject of SEC titles until this program gets to .500 and actually makes a bowl first under Jones?

It flies in the face of what you and others keep ranting against, you don't like people setting unrealistic expectations in one breath while lecturing everyone on the "process".

And yet, in the next, you want to skip the climb to .500 and discuss SEC titles after a couple of recruiting classes. You want to keep talking process? How about letting this team grow without putting the exact same expectations on them that you are complaining about??

Because the process needs an end or final result. Is the results your looking for a .500 season?

A .500 season might be a step in the process but its not the end result.

If you want the end result to be a .500 season go cheer for Vandy. We are are working to become one of the elites again.

Drop mic exit stage left.

I'd say the knock on Dobbs was consistency. At least that's what i hope it is. I didn't watch the Orange and White game but i heard Dobbs looked the best in the scrimmage. I don't know. CBJ saw something this fall that he didn't like or i'd think Dobbs would have been his man. I worry we may see that side of Dobbs on the road in a hostile environment this weekend. We're going to have to score points. SC has a decent offense..

Ideally you would hope Worley isn't done for the year. He'd be at least a senior option to turn too if Dobbs gets rattled..

Because the process needs an end or final result. Is the results your looking for a .500 season?

If you want the end result to be a .500 season go cheer for Vandy. We are are working to become one of the elites again.

You my friend are incredibly dense.

You must have an excellent hype man to follow you around to build that inflated ego on display here.

No one ever said anything about being satisfied with .500 football.

You have to actually get back to being a .500 football team prior to being in contention for titles typically though.

It's part of the process. Brick by brick and whatnot.

Unless you're in Auburn or Ole Miss.

You're already talking contending for the SEC without going through that process though.

"Bring in two more recruiting classes like this years and we will compete for the SEC and if you can win the SEC you can win it all."

Your words not mine big dog.

"Bring in two more recruiting classes like this years and we will compete for the SEC and if you can win the SEC you can win it all."

And with that, I bid you good night.

1964-hames-brown_1420387i.jpg

You my friend are incredibly dense.

You must have an excellent hype man to follow you around to build that inflated ego on display here.

No one ever said anything about being satisfied with .500 football.

You have to actually get back to being a .500 football team prior to being in contention for titles typically though.

It's part of the process. Brick by brick and whatnot.

Unless you're in Auburn or Ole Miss.

You're already talking contending for the SEC without going through that process though.

Another dip **** who cant admit he's wrong. The end result of the rebuilding process is trying to win a championship Yes - No check one.

I think our rebuilding process is 4 years. A step in that process is getting back to .500

People who think we are suppose to win this year or next are unrealistic. Giving a coach 4 years to have his players in the program isn't unrealistic and I think the coach would agree.

Those are my exact words. That's the end of the process.

If you bring in 4 top 10 recruiting classes in a row and you cant compete its time to look at something different.

Is this the Jones process:

Butch is 22-35 against teams at or above .500 at the time of playing, and 21-33 against teams that ended the season at .500 or above

And some more:

On the road against over .500 teams:

3-19. Average score: 36.73-18.55 (-18.18).

2-6 @CMU. Avg Score: 40.88-23 (-17.88)
1-7 @Cinci. Avg Score: 30.38-19 (-11.38)
0-6 @UT. Avg Score: 39.67-12.00 (-27.67)

3 wins were '07 Ball State(7-6), '09 Bowling Green(7-6), & '10 Lousiville(7-6).

Last:

9-30 in his career when trailing at half. 4-9 @ CMU, 5-12 @Cinci.

Biggest deficit overcome is 9 against Louisville in 2011.

Also, these numbers do not include the Alabama game.

Reactions: 2 people
See, the problem with guys such as yourself is simple.

You keep talking about the "process" and exercising patience but out of the other side of your mouth you want to talk SEC titles already.

How about we see if the guy can crack .500 first before anointing him the Stephen Hawking of football?

As much talk as their has been about plans and processes, I hope to see a Brief History of Butch on the bookshelves by Christmas.

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon)[Forum Weapon][How To Troll][Ignorance Is Bliss] - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think Butch saw that it was very possible to reach a bowl with Worley. Until the UF debacle he would be correct. Then Worley went south and he knew he needed to forgo the eztra year of Dobbs to salvage the season.

But I'm not sure why Dobbs.wasn't backup?

I think until Worley got hurt he still thought he could pull out 3 wins in Nov with him starting, which kept the RS in play. I think quietly Jones would have been fine with 6 wins and a Dobbs RS.
Thats why Dobbs stayed at the 3 until now. That and the staff doesnt feel comfortable with Peterman in the last 4 games.

Yes, but, some coaches just seem to be able to quicken the process, while some seem to take much more time to compete.....especially in the SEC

I posted last week that Blair will be the future at LT and Dobbs was the future at QB.

CBJ was trying to get through the season with a serviceable QB and a bunch of Freshman getting their feet wet. No matter who the QB was we were going to be a 5-7 to a 7-5 team. We don't have the depth or experience to compete with the elite just yet. Oline has to get a season under their belts and the freshman need the weight room.

Jones was trying to have a senior QB with all the talent he brought in this year.

Now with the injury to Worley and the redshirt off Dobbs we will have a first year QB when we have elite talent and depth.

Of course this doesn't have to be a bad thing because we now have a couple coming in that can have a chance to mature a couple of years before one takes over.

horse crap. you play the best players, not save them for next year.wth

I posted last week that Blair will be the future at LT and Dobbs was the future at QB.

CBJ was trying to get through the season with a serviceable QB and a bunch of Freshman getting their feet wet. No matter who the QB was we were going to be a 5-7 to a 7-5 team. We don't have the depth or experience to compete with the elite just yet. Oline has to get a season under their belts and the freshman need the weight room.

Jones was trying to have a senior QB with all the talent he brought in this year.

Now with the injury to Worley and the redshirt off Dobbs we will have a first year QB when we have elite talent and depth.

Of course this doesn't have to be a bad thing because we now have a couple coming in that can have a chance to mature a couple of years before one takes over.

Well, that "process" lost a one point game at home to the most beatable UF team in 10 years...

...produced an offense that did not score one touchdown...one...in two SEC games...

...and would have likely lost by 30+ at home, to Bama...

...and would have struggled mightily to win 3 out of the remaining 4 just to get bowl eligible.

So, what...exactly...was the purpose of that "process"?

The only reason there is even a glimmer of hope for this season among the VN faithful is because the starting QB was injured, and the (?) 3rd string QB came in and actually breathed life into a stagnant offense.

If that's a "process", it's a flawed one.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Is this the Jones process:

Butch is 22-35 against teams at or above .500 at the time of playing, and 21-33 against teams that ended the season at .500 or above

And some more:

On the road against over .500 teams:

3-19. Average score: 36.73-18.55 (-18.18).

2-6 @CMU. Avg Score: 40.88-23 (-17.88)
1-7 @Cinci. Avg Score: 30.38-19 (-11.38)
0-6 @UT. Avg Score: 39.67-12.00 (-27.67)

3 wins were '07 Ball State(7-6), '09 Bowling Green(7-6), & '10 Lousiville(7-6).

Last:

9-30 in his career when trailing at half. 4-9 @ CMU, 5-12 @Cinci.

Biggest deficit overcome is 9 against Louisville in 2011.

Also, these numbers do not include the Alabama game.

Exactly. This is the story that the numbers by themselves do not tell at face value.

CBJ logged most of his wins against teams with losing records.

And his "championships" were a co-co and a co-co-co in a 7 team conference, the Big Least, which is one of the weakest.

He is a long, long, long way from consistently beating winning (ie good) teams in a 14 school conference that just happens to be the strongest in the USA.

Are you saying the "process" has a mind of its own? Or, are you saying, this was planned by CBJ, as part of his process? How did he know Worley was going to be hurt? Is Worley actually hurt?
Is the "process" just putting things in motion, and they'll take care of themselves? I don't think, and this is just me, that CBJ actually knew at the start of the year, when Worley was going to be injured, and who he would start against Bama in his place. But if he did, I am a believer in the CBJ process, if not, I think it would be better categorized as "Circumstances dictated".

Do I smell conspiracy? Was Butch the second shooter?

We'll find out when the "process" ends.

GO VOLS

At what point does Butch Jones just have to win and forget any thing else?
2015?
2016?
2017?
My guess is he had better start winning SEC games next year to show some sort of real process....on the field!

You, my friend, get the funny/lame quote of the year! Let's see, we've been losing for 10 years--and we should be happy about what exactly? We're getting waxed every game? You act like we won the national title last year and are complaining about this year. What a dumb line.

You ignorantly think we have been losing since 2004 and getting waxed every game. And you have the idiocy to call someone else's line dumb?

VN Store

Back