Can we laugh at all the UGA fans who thought they were gonna march into Neyland and checkerboard it?

The House That Neyland Built should never be defiled by other fans (especially UGA).

Even when we suck, we can't let no fans from Podunk County, Georgia march in there

Reactions: vols40
The players and staff have let the fans down. The fans have let the players the staff and the university down. It was sad seeing how many "fans" sold out and sold their seats to the opposing team's fanbase.

No one who did that has any room to complain about the team's performance. They are under performing also.

Reactions: tbones0711
The players and staff have let the fans down. The fans have let the players the staff and the university down. It was sad seeing how many "fans" sold out and sold their seats to the opposing team's fanbase.

No one who did that has any room to complain about the team's performance. They are under performing also.
There were about as many UGA fans as usual, in an attempt to show how much we supported and stood behind our team, Neyland was half empty in the fourth!!! It is easy to see half of those attending, do really support the team. They don't meet the criteria.

The number of uga fans on this site today is absolutely hilarious. All are displaying that passive aggressive style we have come to know and love.

Most annoying fan base in college sports.

Here's a cookie. Congrats on the win.

But, to be honest, I respect Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, etc......but Tennessee could lose to uga 1000 times and I would never respect that program. You're a joke. Even now, in your greatest era in your pathetic history, you STILL need affirmation after a win.

Pathetic.

There were about as many UGA fans as usual, in an attempt to show how much we supported and stood behind our team, Neyland was half empty in the fourth!!! It is easy to see half of those attending, do really support the team. They don't meet the criteria.

I have been to most UT vs UGA games over the last 20 yrs. There were more UGA fans around us than I have ever seen in Knoxville.

Reactions: 08Vol
I have been to most UT vs UGA games over the last 20 yrs. There were more UGA fans around us than I have ever seen in Knoxville.
In your section, or from your view point, in all of Neyland? I don't even need to ask, but here is goes, Did you SEE any Checkering? I did not, I also saw a lot of empty seats. From my view point, there weren't any real difference in the number of UGA fans this year as there were in 2017, what's your take? Did you notice how many attendees left the stadium prior to the end of the fourth??? I sure did.

Last edited:
In your section, or from your view point, in all of Neyland? I don't even need to ask, but here is goes, Did you SEE any Checkering? I did not, I also say a lot of empty seats. From my view point, there weren't any real difference in the number of UGA fans this year as there were in 2017, what's your take? Did you notice how many attendees left the stadium prior to the end of the fourth??? I sure did.

I never thought they would checker Neyland. I was however disappointed in how many of our so called fans,,,,,,,, ticket holders sold out.

Did not care really. However the state of our two programs and Georgia just down the road I would assume there would be a huge amount of Bulldogs there. Actually if not I would be asking what's wrong with the Georgia fans. I can guarantee you if the roles were reversed Athens would be oranged out too. Just goes with the territory. Just not on my radar screen. I would add I am one that despises fades so when the cellphone lights came on beginning of 4th quarter it was a little embarrassing to me. LETS MAKE A PACK AND NEVER DO THAT AT LEAST AT A FOOTBALL GAME...Basketball...maybe once or twice then lets move on.

Reactions: Undercs
It looked to me like if they actually coordinated it, they could have pulled it off. Seriously looked like a bowl game where maybe we outnumber the opponent, but plenty of other team. Looked like about 60-40 to me.

It was nowhere close to 60/40. Maybe 75/25 if we're being generous.

Man we are really searching for something to brag about.

Actually, it is something to brag about, and that's the whole point. How many fan bases in America do you think there are that, coming off 3 winning seasons in the past 10 years, losers of 16 of their last 18 conference games, off to a 1-3 start to the season that includes losses to two non-Power 5 teams (one of which is barely an FBS school), and a 4-touchdown underdog at home, would put as many people in the stands as Tennessee did last night? Maybe 2? 3? No more than that, for sure.

This is the best damn fan base in America...which is why when someone tries to tell you that Tennessee can no longer attract a big-name coach or big-time recruits, they're absolutely full of crap. The idea that they thought they were going to waltz in here and "take over" Neyland Stadium is comical. (And don't let our resident Dawg fans fool you...more than one Georgia media outlet reported the effort to "checkerboard" Neyland.) Our program has been dragged through the mud by administrative ineptness for 10 years but we'll never be down so far that we allow a visiting team to take over our stadium.

GA fans were strangely silent most of the first half......but the 2nd half....their chants became real old....but I stayed to the bloody end cause I am all Vol (even if I have a bad attitude about it some times)

Actually, it is something to brag about, and that's the whole point. How many fan bases in America do you think there are that, coming off 3 winning seasons in the past 10 years, losers of 16 of their last 18 conference games, off to a 1-3 start to the season that includes losses to two non-Power 5 teams (one of which is barely an FBS school), and a 4-touchdown underdog at home, would put as many people in the stands as Tennessee did last night? Maybe 2? 3? No more than that, for sure.

This is the best damn fan base in America...which is why when someone tries to tell you that Tennessee can no longer attract a big-name coach or big-time recruits, they're absolutely full of crap. The idea that they thought they were going to waltz in here and "take over" Neyland Stadium is comical. (And don't let our resident Dawg fans fool you...more than one Georgia media outlet reported the effort to "checkerboard" Neyland.) Our program has been dragged through the mud by administrative ineptness for 10 years but we'll never be down so far that we allow a visiting team to take over our stadium.
This entire thread is an embarrassment. You want to make fun of a program that just beat us for the 3rd straight year by 26+ points?

No wonder people laugh at most Vol fans.

Reactions: I40flyer and 08Vol
Hell, it didn’t look like they sold their entire allotment. Big empty section in SE corner of upper deck which is visitors section
Why would you buy through the university knowing you are going to be stuck in the nose-bleeds when you spend the same or less on Tickpick, etc. and sit in the lower bowl?

LOL! Georgia fans really thought they could use their silly MS Paint drawings and pull off a takeover of Neyland Stadium that would look spectacular on TV.

Not. Even. Close.

It was never gonna happen, either. Tennessee could go 0-12 and this fanbase would still not allow Georgia show up and take over the stadium. Better luck next time, Georgia.

It was a joke to get UT fans riled up. That said, we had 75% of the stadium at ND.

Reactions: 08Vol and I40flyer
It looked to me like if they actually coordinated it, they could have pulled it off. Seriously looked like a bowl game where maybe we outnumber the opponent, but plenty of other team. Looked like about 60-40 to me.
You must be kidding, or you were drinking far to much. I saw about 20,000 UGA fans, about the same number +- they had in 2017 when they really kicked our butts-I mean really kicked our butts. In order to coordinate a checking, you'd need sections? where were the complete block sections? I didn't see them. Now, the fact is Mississippi is going to checker Neyland, that is for sure, I heard it from a guy.....

LOL! Georgia fans really thought they could use their silly MS Paint drawings and pull off a takeover of Neyland Stadium that would look spectacular on TV.

Not. Even. Close.

It was never gonna happen, either. Tennessee could go 0-12 and this fanbase would still not allow Georgia show up and take over the stadium. Better luck next time, Georgia.
Best to shut up. They won the only thing that counts.

Not. Even. Close.

Whatever makes you feel better.....
everyone knew it was a twitter thing, not a real life thing

Yes, feel free to laugh at the UGA fans that thought UGA would checkerboard Neyland. It will be the smallest group of folks in history that was ever lampooned because neither UGA nor any fans tried to organize a checkerboard plan. As far as I can tell, it was only one post on a message board that was a joke.

I got nothing...

Except 2nd and 26

VN Store

Back