CAN WE GET SOME HB?

I've always heard that the backup QB was the most popular person on campus. Apparently it's the 3rd string QB that didn't break the starter role in two years is suddenly going to lead us to the promised land. I don't know how you people don't get tired of repeating the same **** constantly.
He’s a sophomore, and we fired the last coach for insisting on playing the wrong QB. Stop being dishonest.

Reactions: cgrish
There’s a reason two coaches haven’t given him a chance to play. Just suck it up. He’s not it. Maybe he comes out next week and proves me wrong but I doubt it
Yeah, the last coach was a great judge of QB talent. And clearly our current coach was brilliantly correct in starting Milton - anyone can see that.

Do you truth benders have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Reactions: GameTime
He’s a sophomore, and we fired the last coach for insisting on playing the wrong QB. Stop being dishonest.

Dishonest? So you're saying that two different coaches didn't play him as the starter. Thanks for proving my point.

My god the whole time Hooker was in…disaster.
How many disasters in one game?Get Hooker as far from center as possible.
Really because when he came in we was losing snd he had 2TD’s. Wouldn’t call that exactly a disaster. Yes he made some mistakes, but he was the reason we had a chance to win the game late with all the stuff that went wrong that had nothing to do with him.

If Milton and Hooker are so much better than HB why aren't they still at Michigan and Va tech. They are not starters at their 2 school because they were not getting it done. HB can hit an open receiver. Give him a chance
Hooker got hurt. Milton was benched because he sucked. Hooker had decent success at Va Tech till he got hurt.

he transfers immediately to a team willing to take a chance on his talent.

Its certain that he is not what this HC wants at QB

Likely because he throws an accurate deep ball and prefers to pass first, rather than scramble for -2 yardss snd taking a sack or fumble

Also, is it illegal for UT to throw a crossing route?
The last coaching staff didn’t believe in him either for some reason l, such being that JG was our worse QB in last 20 years and still played. There’s something to be said that HB hasn’t been able to beat out JG, Milton and now Hooker.

Dishonest? So you're saying that two different coaches didn't play him as the starter. Thanks for proving my point.
Who gives fk the only one with a pulse between the two is Hooker. It doesn't matter who starts but those two need to be getting the reps going forward Milton sucks. Bailey played better than Milton as a true freshman and if you say no your lying. He started against 2 top 10 teams. Your boy Milton started agaisnt the likes of the Rutgers. He DOES NOT have it. Stop side stepping.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
I've always heard that the backup QB was the most popular person on campus. Apparently it's the 3rd string QB that didn't break the starter role in two years is suddenly going to lead us to the promised land. I don't know how you people don't get tired of repeating the same **** constantly.
I don’t know how you people don’t get tired of lying. He started the last hand full of games last year. And it’s not been 2 years, more like a year and a half, he was class of 2020. If you’re going to make a point at least be factually accurate.

Bailey started 3 games last season your theory of 2 coaching staffs doesn't hold up. We have Heupel now. AGAIN. Keep up. HH may be the guy and I like his game. Cut the turnovers and if he doesn’t you go to Bailey. You have given the other two a chance, you can't go out and say you believe in ALL 3 and not play him. If you do, you lose the guy and maybe other players in similar situations. If players lose faith in coaches you have a much, much bigger problem than we currently have. If you continue to force Milton you lose support from the fan base.

Why are you race baiting? He simply looks like the best option to many fans. It's a shame he hasn't been given a chance yet.
Apparently, he’s not. Please let the coach coach. I’m sure if HB was the better option, he wouldn’t be 3rd string on a team coached by a former runner up Heisman QUARTERBACK!!!

Reactions: irish1485
Why are you race baiting? He simply looks like the best option to many fans. It's a shame he hasn't been given a chance yet.

You're wasting your time. These are the same ones that ran to defend Butch when he said Trevor Lawrence didn't fit his system

If a UT coach said water wasn't wet, they'd defend him to the death

You're wasting your time. These are the same ones that ran to defend Butch when he said Trevor Lawrence didn't fit his system

If a UT coach said water wasn't wet, they'd defend him to the death

This is what confuses me. If Butch was at Cincy and Lawrence showed interest, Butch would crawl over broken bricks to get him. To the same point- If Bailey showed interest in UCF with Huepel, he would have done whatever to get him.

But now because they are at bigger schools, they are uncomfortable inheriting guys who are on roster or interested in signing who are same kids they would take in a minute at a smaller school.

At end of the day, I trust Huepel to score points here. We may have to piece together an offense this year because of transfers and new players but so be it. It’s just discouraging to see the “we have to have a runner QB” in his system when the biggest QB problems so far in 8 quarters are passing the ball.

Reactions: GameTime
You seem to have a poor understanding of what constitutes proving a point. Your argument was that two coaches choosing not to play him must mean he's not good enough, which is several levels beyond mindless considering we just fired one of said coaches for being a terrible coach. You do understand that attributing any validity whatsoever to decisions made by Pruitt is nonsense, right?

It could also be said to be dishonest, and it is.

That interception was bad, but so was the play design. There was no check down option and we ran max protect with two deep crossing WRS against a zone defense

Play design all night was great. We had wrs running wide open down the field. Play calling at no point was our issue

Except for the Int. Hooker play excellent. He was 12 for 16 for over 170 yards at one point before the Int. He did well enough to keep Bailey on the bench for a few games or even possibly Bailey’s complete UT career. Bailey will likely transfer at least right after the season.
I bet Milton is out this week, Hooker starts and HB gets in the 2nd half. If that's the case we may all have a better view next week. I don't really care who it ends up being if they can light it up. I do believe the Coaches know best, but I said that last year too.

The last coaching staff didn’t believe in him either for some reason l, such being that JG was our worse QB in last 20 years and still played. There’s something to be said that HB hasn’t been able to beat out JG, Milton and now Hooker.

"For some reason". Bailey came in during fall camp, only had a few practices due to Covid so basically had no snaps.

This year Heupel has expressed he prefers a mobile QB. It's not the system for him, unless CJH decides to change his philosophy a bit.

He has the best accuracy of all the QBs on the team . Hooker is better than Milton and so is HB and its not close.
Hooker ran for 600 yards and 9 scored his last year at Va Tech. That’s why he is in over Bailey in my opinion.

Apparently, he’s not. Please let the coach coach. I’m sure if HB was the better option, he wouldn’t be 3rd string on a team coached by a former runner up Heisman QUARTERBACK!!!
He is the one that said great white hope, not me. Bailey looked better than Hooker in the Spring game. I have nothing to do with what the coach does. Just voicing an opinion on a board.

VN Store

Back