Can someone explain to me how Florida is in the top 5 in recruiting and Tennessee isn't in the top 10?

The UF game was injuries. Cooper was out and I believe either Mincey or Crawford was out. If you don’t understand the importance of losing your starting center then ask Peyton or Tom Brady how important they are.

Mediocre recruiting? He has done a better job recruiting than anyone since Fulmer. Given what Huepel walked into, your expectations seem unreasonably high. Look at the coaches you are comparing him to? Jesus man. Is he gonna be a Saban or Smart? No. Who is? Spurrier wasn’t in the championships on a regular basis.

Again, I agree but we are 8th right now and the class last year was 6th in the SEC. We are being out recruited no matter how we spin it. Now perhaps some of those players we are missing out on are not as good as expected and our players are diamonds in the rough, we will see. So far, it wasn't enough to beat a 5-7 Florida team in the Swamp this past year or to beat Missouri. I could understand Alabama and Georgia, they are next level but we had 2 other losses this season, 1 of them to an inferior team.

Again, I said he is a good coach and don't want change but he is definitely not going to win us SEC Championships. Spurrier was in Atlanta from 1992-1996, 1999, and 2000. Only years he missed was 1997-1998 and 2001. Spurrier couldn't beat FSU at times so he wasn't flawless but then again FSU was an ELITE program at the time as well and not many people were beating them.

Point is, we aren't going to catch up until we start recruiting better and it comes down to landing players like Francis Mauigoa. For example, had we landed Francis Mauigoa who I saw playing for Miami against A&M, etc. maybe he could have made a difference in the Swamp with some of those injuries. To me, that one is on Sprye for allowing an ACC team with a tiny fanbase outbid us.

Take the current list put together with EricVol2096 and I ask what could we do to get the following? I listed 4 prospects on the list that we should have picked up and did not. We need to be a hunter to win, that is what got people like Saban and Smart to where they are at. In our position, Saban would be going and grabbing some of those players away from Florida and other SEC teams that are behind us. I am happy where we are at as a program, I just am aggressive about seeing more.

June 17th - Boo Carter - 4* DB - VOL💥
June 20th - Jordan Burns - 4* LB - VOL💥
June 21st - Max Anderson - 4* OL - VOL💥
June 30 - Braylon Staley - 4* WR - VOL💥
July 4th - Ronan O’Connell - 3* OL - 31-14 (NEED TO GET)
July 5th - Daniel Calhoun - 4* OL - Georgia
July 6th - Elijah Rushing - 4* Edge - Arizona (NEED TO GET)
July 7th - Willams Satterwhite - 4* OL - VOL💥
July 14th - Braylon Russell - 4* RB - Hog (NEED TO GET)
July 19th - 🌎- Mike Matthews - 5* WR - VOL💥
July 21st - Edwin Spillman - 4* LB -VOL💥
July 31st - Bennett Warren - 4* OL - VOL💥
Aug 5th - Amari Jefferson - 4* WR - 52-49
Aug 14th - Williams Nwaneri - 5* DL - Mizzou (NEED TO GET)
Aug 19th - Kam Franklin - 4* DL - Mustard
Aug 21st - Jordon Ross - 5* Edge - VOL💥
September 10th - Chris Cole - 4* LB - Georgia
Sept 20 - Danny Okoye - 4* Edge -Oklahoma
Nov 23 Thanksgiving - Kam Mikell - 4* WR - Deion
Dec 1st - Roger Saleapaga 4*TE - Oregon
Dec 7th - Jordan Seaton - 5* OL
Jan 6th - Daniel Hill - 4* RB
TBD - Cai Bates - 4* CB - FSU

Literally out recruited by Sunbelt Billy's 5-7 program. What is wrong with us?
Spyre says give more money to them.

Which I saw their ambulance tn monstrosity parked by the university hotel one game. So they get to stay close to the stadium while we don't get cruits and people supposed to keep giving to them. Na not for me.

Reactions: volbound1700
Literally out recruited by Sunbelt Billy's 5-7 program. What is wrong with us?
Did you miss the part where the NCAA gave us some of the harshest recruiting restrictions of all time? Like seriously. Did you miss that? Go back and read what Heupel and co are having to deal with.

Again, I agree but we are 8th right now and the class last year was 6th in the SEC. We are being out recruited no matter how we spin it. Now perhaps some of those players we are missing out on are not as good as expected and our players are diamonds in the rough, we will see. So far, it wasn't enough to beat a 5-7 Florida team in the Swamp this past year or to beat Missouri. I could understand Alabama and Georgia, they are next level but we had 2 other losses this season, 1 of them to an inferior team.

Again, I said he is a good coach and don't want change but he is definitely not going to win us SEC Championships. Spurrier was in Atlanta from 1992-1996, 1999, and 2000. Only years he missed was 1997-1998 and 2001. Spurrier couldn't beat FSU at times so he wasn't flawless but then again FSU was an ELITE program at the time as well and not many people were beating them.

Point is, we aren't going to catch up until we start recruiting better and it comes down to landing players like Francis Mauigoa. For example, had we landed Francis Mauigoa who I saw playing for Miami against A&M, etc. maybe he could have made a difference in the Swamp with some of those injuries. To me, that one is on Sprye for allowing an ACC team with a tiny fanbase outbid us.

Take the current list put together with EricVol2096 and I ask what could we do to get the following? I listed 4 prospects on the list that we should have picked up and did not. We need to be a hunter to win, that is what got people like Saban and Smart to where they are at. In our position, Saban would be going and grabbing some of those players away from Florida and other SEC teams that are behind us. I am happy where we are at as a program, I just am aggressive about seeing more.

June 17th - Boo Carter - 4* DB - VOL💥
June 20th - Jordan Burns - 4* LB - VOL💥
June 21st - Max Anderson - 4* OL - VOL💥
June 30 - Braylon Staley - 4* WR - VOL💥
July 4th - Ronan O’Connell - 3* OL - 31-14 (NEED TO GET)
July 5th - Daniel Calhoun - 4* OL - Georgia
July 6th - Elijah Rushing - 4* Edge - Arizona (NEED TO GET)
July 7th - Willams Satterwhite - 4* OL - VOL💥
July 14th - Braylon Russell - 4* RB - Hog (NEED TO GET)
July 19th - 🌎- Mike Matthews - 5* WR - VOL💥
July 21st - Edwin Spillman - 4* LB -VOL💥
July 31st - Bennett Warren - 4* OL - VOL💥
Aug 5th - Amari Jefferson - 4* WR - 52-49
Aug 14th - Williams Nwaneri - 5* DL - Mizzou (NEED TO GET)
Aug 19th - Kam Franklin - 4* DL - Mustard
Aug 21st - Jordon Ross - 5* Edge - VOL💥
September 10th - Chris Cole - 4* LB - Georgia
Sept 20 - Danny Okoye - 4* Edge -Oklahoma
Nov 23 Thanksgiving - Kam Mikell - 4* WR - Deion
Dec 1st - Roger Saleapaga 4*TE - Oregon
Dec 7th - Jordan Seaton - 5* OL
Jan 6th - Daniel Hill - 4* RB
TBD - Cai Bates - 4* CB - FSU
-penalty of $8M, meant to represent the financial equivalent of missing two postseasons.

-A legislated fine of $5,000 plus 3% of the entire football budget

-Five years of probation.

-Reduction of 28 football scholarships throughout the probationary period, with a minimum of two scholarships per year.

-Reduction of 36 football official visits during the probationary period, including at least four visits per year. Tennessee will prohibit official visits for a total of 10 regular-season home games, four of which must involve SEC opponents.

-Reduction of 40 weeks for football unofficial visits during the probationary period, with a minimum of six weeks per year. Tennessee will prohibit unofficial visits for 10 regular-season home games, including four against SEC opponents.

-A 28-week ban on recruiting communications during the probationary period, including at least three weeks per year. This includes one week each in December and January, and one week between March and June.

-reduction of 120 evaluation days throughout the probationary period.

I'm just going to post this everytime someone makes it clear that they don't know what the coaches are dealing with on the recruiting trail. It's BRUTAL

-penalty of $8M, meant to represent the financial equivalent of missing two postseasons.

-Reduction of 28 football scholarships throughout the probationary period, with a minimum of two scholarships per year.

-Reduction of 36 football official visits during the probationary period, including at least four visits per year. Tennessee will prohibit official visits for a total of 10 regular-season home games, four of which must involve SEC opponents.

-Reduction of 40 weeks for football unofficial visits during the probationary period, with a minimum of six weeks per year. Tennessee will prohibit unofficial visits for 10 regular-season home games, including four against SEC opponents.

-A 28-week ban on recruiting communications during the probationary period, including at least three weeks per year. This includes one week each in December and January, and one week between March and June.

I'm just going to post this everytime someone makes it clear that they don't know what the coaches are dealing with on the recruiting trail. It's BRUTAL
And for those of you who just glossed over what I just posted, I implore you to please actually read and absorb the facts I just presented.

Please keep posting this over and over. These are extremely harsh restrictions.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

at least youve given a reason. theyre still dealing with that nitwits actions.

We hired a guy who turned a 13-0 program into a 6-4 program in 3 short seasons. I'll keep posting this every time I read something I disagree with until CJH either wins the SEC here or is fired.

We hired a guy who turned a 13-0 program into a 6-4 program in 3 short seasons. I'll keep posting this every time I read something I disagree with until CJH either wins the SEC here or is fired.
Yes but you constantly beat the drum for Freeze (Botch Jones 2.0) so it’s not like anyone takes you seriously

Edit: forgot where I was. Nobody freak out. hillbilly knows I’m screwing with him. He’s a good guy.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
They are recruiting tip 250 players and this staff is trying to take easter eggs out of Kent St easter basket.
Interesting way to put it. Not quite sure about the Easter egg analogy, but I get the point.

I also have my doubts about Heupel, but let's be honest about UCF. Sometimes the stars align giving you a special season..... like our season last year. UCF ain't gonna have the consistency of Bama or UGA. Still, I'll be curious to see how Heupel does here over the next couple of years when he has his own roster.

I also have my doubts about Heupel, but let's be honest about UCF. Sometimes the stars align giving you a special season..... like our season last year. UCF ain't gonna have the consistency of Bama or UGA. Still, I'll be curious to see how Heupel does here over the next couple of years when he has his own roster.
The whole UCF argument is stupid. Scott Frost was a total failure after the 13-0 season.

But, but Heupel can't recruit? How I do?!?!?!

Hate to lose a recruiting battle, but I think this staff has done an outstanding job of addressing needs. Some key pieces are falling in place.

Hate to lose a recruiting battle, but I think this staff has done an outstanding job of addressing needs. Some key pieces are falling in place.

We have done a lot better the last few weeks. Looks like we will be closing well. Keeping some of the major O-Linemen and some of the pickups are great. Still hope we can get enough players to beat a 5-7 Florida team.

We have done a lot better the last few weeks. Looks like we will be closing well. Keeping some of the major O-Linemen and some of the pickups are great. Still hope we can get enough players to beat a 5-7 Florida team.

UF is probably going to several recruits on signing day, a lot could change between now and Wednesday

VN Store

Back