Calling out China

I guess their biological attack was successful..... per the article: "China will overtake the United States to become the world’s biggest economy in 2028, five years earlier than previously estimated due to the contrasting recoveries of the two countries from the COVID -19 pandemic, a think tank said. "

Biden will help them take us over prior to 2028.

So the companies are faultless and it’s all because of American consumers? There’s no incentive for companies to manufacture in China other than appeasing American consumers?
Yes that is exactly it. They want their customers to buy their ****. When people buy your ****, you make money. That's why Trump's tariffs were brilliant

Yes that is exactly it. They want their customers to buy their ****. When people buy your ****, you make money. That's why Trump's tariffs were brilliant

I’d love to hear from soybean farmers in Iowa how brilliant those tariffs were. Or beef producers in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

So the companies are faultless and it’s all because of American consumers? There’s no incentive for companies to manufacture in China other than appeasing American consumers?
They do what they have to do to remain competitive, and to stay in business.

They do what they have to do to remain competitive, and to stay in business.

I really think there's a lot more and a lot less to it. The people running big business aren't interested in planning, R&D, actual manufacturing, etc; they care about targets, marketing, how they are viewed on Wall St, how their stock is doing ... appearances. It's easier just to offshore the real business and look like they are doing something. Actually running manufacturing businesses went away when management no longer learned the business from the ground up and learned the business end as they moved upwards. Having the Chinese deliver goods ready for sale made executive life so much simpler - almost as good as being more singly focused Amazons.

I guess their biological attack was successful..... per the article: "China will overtake the United States to become the world’s biggest economy in 2028, five years earlier than previously estimated due to the contrasting recoveries of the two countries from the COVID -19 pandemic, a think tank said. "
Who would have thought a country 4 times our size could ever compete with our GDP?!?!?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back