'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

I can't agree with that since we have no idea if he was going to make an impact or not. He appears to be talented but he's never really performed at the college level.
He is talented and he's actually performed more, proved more and compiled better stats in his lone season than every other receiver we have except Tillman and Hyatt.

He was going to start for USC last year. Either their second or third receiver before the suspension. Played and scored in their spring game in 2021.

He was brought here to start. I mean Ramel Keyton was starting on the outside in the spring...I mean Ramel could be solid, but uh he isn't moving the meter for anyone I don't think. Hard to see how Bru would be worse than him or anyone else that we have on the outside.

So if we don't have Bru its

Keyton then who? Some freshmen? Webb and Nimrod? The rest of them are slot guys.

It's a big deal.

Looks like he should be fine though. If the NCAA is talking about liberalising their transfer rules further then he should be fine.

Watch they'll probably keep him out for the first 3 games so we don't have enough fire power to beat Pitt and he's too rusty to make a difference against Florida.

Bru gon play and Bru gon ball and step up as the second WR behind Tillman that we need. He's playing and starting until he isn't...
In all seriousness, it seems like it's always TN with questions on transfer/qualifications... Didn't we just go through this with the LB we picked up but because he played at some prep school that's no longer a program he had to sits games?
Sorry but if it was AL GA OHST and others, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Just once...one season...I'd like to not have to worry about a major piece of our puzzle have to get cleared to play at the last minute...
The transformation council meets again August 3rd. Unless things turn, it sounds like it could be codified well before game 1.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Bru gon play and Bru gon ball and step up as the second WR behind Tillman that we need. He's playing and starting until he isn't...
In all seriousness, it seems like it's always TN with questions on transfer/qualifications... Didn't we just go through this with the LB we picked up but because he played at some prep school that's no longer a program he had to sits games?
We took them knowing the issues at hand. Obviously we were confident for a reason.

He is talented and he's actually performed more, proved more and compiled better stats in his lone season than every other receiver we have except Tillman and Hyatt.

He was going to start for USC last year. Either their second or third receiver before the suspension. Played and scored in their spring game in 2021.

He was brought here to start. I mean Ramel Keyton was starting on the outside in the spring...I mean Ramel could be solid, but uh he isn't moving the meter for anyone I don't think. Hard to see how Bru would be worse than him or anyone else that we have on the outside.

So if we don't have Bru its

Keyton then who? Some freshmen? Webb and Nimrod? The rest of them are slot guys.

It's a big deal.

Looks like he should be fine though. If the NCAA is talking about liberalising their transfer rules further then he should be fine.

Watch they'll probably keep him out for the first 3 games so we don't have enough fire power to beat Pitt and he's too rusty to make a difference against Florida.
I don't think one player will mean that much and especially not in the first 3 games.

I'm not saying he won't be good. We just don't know yet. We know a little about Hyatt. The others have played a few minutes but you're right in that they have yet to truly step up.

Reactions: LittleVol

Do we know if he triggered ONE TIME by rule since he did not utilize the rule to gain eligibility and PLAY at Texas or after transfer back to USC? Don't think he as played a down since his first departure. So does he still have his get out of jail free card if he did not play it?

Similar questions will come into play when a player transfers and redshirts anyway, for whatever reason. He could transfer anyway, and sit out a year anyway and not apply for his ONE TIME exemption to get on the field. Don't know if the rule clearly defines this or not. Kind of like 5 to play 4. You are there but do not consume a year if you don't play more than the allowed. Gonna be fun.....

Bru man will end up being eligible imo, but Sankey was not a fan of UT taking him.
Misspelled Saban 🤣 (but I suppose that is always understood), and I appreciate your post!

This whole thing has smelled like a backroom Birmingham office effort to rig up yet another double standard from the start. I hope they'll have to settle for the fear, uncertainty, and doubt they've biasedly manufactured. I guesstimate that, despite their worst intentions, they won't be able to accomplish more than that.

Was he reported as a COUNTER for either school last year?
You talking about Toot, who transferred after the deadline (written rule) for SEC transfers, but to Bama? Or this rigged up back-office obstacle when it's our player. Notice the fact that you (and all of us) have to guess at the charge (and therefore at which facts might be pertinent) because they are not stated is straight outta Kafka's novel The Trial.

Edit: I'm not saying that at you. It applies to most of the thread recently. I just took the example at hand. I could have linked dozens of educated guesses at what the problem might be.

Last edited:
Was he reported as a COUNTER for either school last year?
No for sure…. He was barred from campus and removed from the football roster…. Can’t find any evidence that either situation ever changed…. I’m sure Tennessee feels like he would be eligible this year.

Just once...one season...I'd like to not have to worry about a major piece of our puzzle have to get cleared to play at the last minute...
I’m not being paranoid…or maybe I am,,,but it seems like every year we have one of these issues with someone that isn’t cleared until the season begins. Is this true for the royalty teams too like Bama and tOSU? Or do those teams get things cleared up for them before fall practice.

VN Store

Back