'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

I don't think one player will mean that much and especially not in the first 3 games.

I'm not saying he won't be good. We just don't know yet. We know a little about Hyatt. The others have played a few minutes but you're right in that they have yet to truly step up.
Not having Byron Young early last year I think really cost us against Pitt and FLA.

Would have little to do with Bru except maybe optics, I suspect. Unless they make the rule retroactive.
I believe things like this typically are (but yeah, most rules aren't). To not punish people that just happened to transfer right before a rule change.

Like when they passed the one-time transfer:
Screenshot_20220721-171914_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

As for Bru himself:

Bru McCoy is a great player, a great person, a great guy,” veteran safety Trevon Flowers said earlier today at SECMD. “His work ethic is amazing. He’s always in the weight room, always in the training room, always getting extra work in. You can tell that he’s somebody that’s dedicated and he really wants the best for himself and for the team.”

Pitt maybe.

Florida game their defense just put the clamps on our offense after getting those 14 points early.
Yeah I don't think we beat Florida with a Byron Young operating at the higher level he operated mid to late season, but he could have been the difference that we needed to make a couple more stops.

That and several other factors.

There's just a concerning lack of depth without Bru.
I just don't know. If there's a lack of depth without him then there's one with him. If guys like Callaway, Hyatt, Merrill, Keyton, Holiday, et al don't step up then UT is still thin. If they do then McCoy is a very nice luxury.

I just don't know. If there's a lack of depth without him then there's one with him. If guys like Callaway, Hyatt, Merrill, Keyton, Holiday, et al don't step up then UT is still thin. If they do then McCoy is a very nice luxury.

exactly

last yr we went into the yr with tillman who had 8 career catches, not sure what exactly we would get from Velus and a Miss St transfer. We are going to be ok. Dude is reaching just a little bit.

There's a lack of depth when you lose your second best WR.

Heupel, Hooker and Tillman were talking him up in media day for a reason. They expect him to do big things.

Other than Keyton and two freshman we don't have any other true outside receivers.

I think most of those guys will probably be better, but if everyone surrounding the program thinks Bru is going to be really good here it's probably a given that it would be a pretty big loss.

Personally I think UT can work around a WR better than they could Young last fall. Could be wrong.

PS- Milton's overthrows are essentially what cost UT the Pitt game.
That was hard to watch. He's got a monster arm, but no touch.

Reactions: sjt18
There's a lack of depth when you lose your second best WR.
And we don't know if that's McCoy or not. You are jumping way, way ahead here.

Heupel, Hooker and Tillman were talking him up in media day for a reason. They expect him to do big things.
Maybe. Or maybe they were answering the question posed to them and that the media was most interested in. Either way, he hasn't proven anything yet.

Other than Keyton and two freshman we don't have any other true outside receivers.
And one of those 3 may be the best option anyway. Again, we just don't know until they actually do something on the field.

I think most of those guys will probably be better, but if everyone surrounding the program thinks Bru is going to be really good here it's probably a given that it would be a pretty big loss.
It would be a loss. You never want to lose anyone from your projected 2 deep. But the season was already shot if losing one unknown WR is the critical difference.

Hopefully he gets it worked out and all of this is moot.

And that occurred BEFORE the transfer rule kicked in. Since when did rules become retroactive???
Wouldn't that make it a "two-time transfer" rule 🤔🤠

Fwiw if they do pass the unlimited transfer rule, that should be retroactive as well, as the one-time transfer rule was insofar as Spring 2021 transfers were made immediately eligible even though they transferred before the rule (if it was their first transfer).

And we don't know if that's McCoy or not. You are jumping way, way ahead here.

Maybe. Or maybe they were answering the question posed to them and that the media was most interested in. Either way, he hasn't proven anything yet.

And one of those 3 may be the best option anyway. Again, we just don't know until they actually do something on the field.

It would be a loss. You never want to lose anyone from your projected 2 deep. But the season was already shot if losing one unknown WR is the critical difference.

Hopefully he gets it worked out and all of this is moot.
It's just that our potential decreases if he is not playing. Since he could be very very good.

Reactions: Billy Antrim

VN Store

Back