Butch post-game presser had me shaking my head for the first time...

Exactly! There is a reason and for the life of me I can't understand why that is so hard to understand. All we hear on this site is how good CBJ is etc. and so on and any criticism is viewed as simply negative. Yet, all these same people that want Dobbs to be the answer cannot trust in the fact that CBJ and staff have a reason.

You can't have it both ways.

None of you that are questioning the reasoning behind not wanting to play Dobbs have even the remotest of abilities to evaluate talent where it actually matters. Period.

The reason they do not want to play him right now will reveal itself at some point.

You were in the Peterman camp so we should listen to you. :yess:

That maybe so but anyone with eyes can see that Dobbs gives us the best chance to win with this offense. If he is not the starter going forward I will lose much confidence in Butch. Even the O line looked much better when he was in there. He is ability to run the football took a lot of pressure off of them.

this.

It
Was
Coach
Speak.

Geez...

Victoria's Secret doesn't have as many twisted panties as this fanbase does. People need to stop and breathe for a second.

But Gruden wore an orange tie, and emphasized "Tennessee" when he said it! We should believe everything we hear and see as well as what it stands for symbolically.

Several media people with access to the program have commented that Butch seems to feel that Dobbs is not his guy. I have heard this all year long and it has been discussed in social media. No one knows why.

A mobile QB helps compensate for our OL's shortcomings more than a statue who stands in the pocket. That was clear last night. When healthy, Worley is a more accurate passer, but he makes the O one-dimensional.

If hes not the guy, why put him in at all?

Butch knows the hard realities about Dobbs. He also knows the fans are now in love and deluded by a few moments of shine. Butch knows that the problems with Dobbs wild and inaccurate throws are not resolved, so the problem is not fixed. He saw all this play out last year and seemed to get worse in the offseason. He knows that tying his horse to Dobbs means erratic passing with lots of garbage turnovers. He even saw it last night, while the fans were falling in love. He knows Dobbs issues are not resolved. Butch has a bit of a political pickle on his hands.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch knows the hard realities about Dobbs. He also knows the fans are now in love and deluded by a few moments of shine. Butch knows that the problems with Dobbs wild and inaccurate throws are not resolved, so the problem is not fixed. He saw all this play out last year and seemed to get worse in the offseason. He knows that tying his horse to Dobbs means erratic passing with lots of garbage turnovers. He even saw it last night, while the fans were falling in love. He knows Dobbs issues are not resolved. Butch has a bit of a political pickle on his hands.

I think hes in a political pickle only if he goes with someone else that turns the ball over just the same and cant score.

Reactions: 3 people
all I do is shake my head when I think of jones. if I didn't know any better I would think he has never been a head coach before. he has done a horrible job this year. he is on Dooley's level. he in no way deserves a extension or raise so far he has proven he can lose In the sec.

Several media people with access to the program have commented that Butch seems to feel that Dobbs is not his guy. I have heard this all year long and it has been discussed in social media. No one knows why.

A mobile QB helps compensate for our OL's shortcomings more than a statue who stands in the pocket. That was clear last night. When healthy, Worley is a more accurate passer, but he makes the O one-dimensional.

A little unbelievable since Dobbs is the only QB on campus recruited by Butch.:eek:lol:

I think the general feeling of the media was Dobbs didn't look as solid in practice as Worley or Peterman.

Makes me wonder how many other players are being misevaluated by the staff. Playing 21 freshmen has always sounded like guaranteed playing time to me. Yeah, the post was like, "please don't believe what you just saw." Its like trying to unshoot a bullet.

great move on CBJ's part. SC will wast a lot of time preparing for ole Nate Peterman.

Not Spurrier first rodeo. I doubt he bats an eye. He knows Dobbs will start. If ut is going to play thst game u tslk up about worley returning

he should have started dobbs all along--they would have beat fla by 10+ --- what gives??

If reports are true and Dobbs struggled in practice, then how was Butch to know he'd come in and perform? Butch took a chance on a QB last year on a QB during the UF game. Every person on here screamed and wailed about what a bad decision it was.

So, you wanted Butch to make the same 'mistake' again? (i.e. if Dobbs really didn't look great in practice?)

Worley got hurt. Butch took a measured approach by giving both backups a shot in-game. Peterman struggled. Dobbs surprised.

We could be thankful and hopeful, as opposed to second-guessing the entire season thus far.

Reactions: 3 people

Wow, you seem to know everything Butch is thinking. Dobbs played very well against the second best defense in the nation. Sorry your son couldn't step up, Mrs. Peterman.

Worley doesn't make the offense one dimensional. The OL leading to lack of protection and decreased potency of a running game leads to one dimensionality.

Either the OL and RBs blocked/ran harder for Dobbs than they do for Worley, or Dobbs brings something that minimizes their struggles. Either way, that puts Dobbs ahead in the race, IMHO.

And if it's true that CBJ hasn't felt Dobbs is his guy (I doubt this personally), performance on the field has a way of cementing your place as a starter. Coaches are judged on wins/losses/performance.

all I do is shake my head when I think of jones. if I didn't know any better I would think he has never been a head coach before. he has done a horrible job this year. he is on Dooley's level. he in no way deserves a extension or raise so far he has proven he can lose In the sec.

Dooley? C'mon dude. If Butch never wins another game, and there are some people on here who would predict that, he still would be better than Dooley. Think about what you're saying....

I think hes in a political pickle only if he goes with someone else that turns the ball over just the same and cant score.

Yes, of course. However, I think Jones realizes the one with the most potential as an accurate passer and good runner in his offense will never be developed due to a huge political problem with fans who are easily swayed by surface perceptions and brief periods of shine.
Dobbs was coached heavily over the summer and received outside QB school tutoring, yet the inaccurate passing remains unchanged. This flaw has proven prohibitive to attaining stable consistent offensive attacks - and may not be correctable.

I imagine Butch doesn't want to start over at QB with a rookie freshman next year, or tie his wagon to an experienced Dobbs with a known fatal flaw. He is now at risk of never developing the potential of a sleeper horse in the stable who he knows proved a very accurate, capable passer in practice, but rarely played and never got a chance to develop any rythym.

how many times did Dobbs get sacked last night and how many times has Worley ate grass average in a game? Hell how many times did it happen in the chatt game even? Dobbs has more big play potential.

Dobbs had a pretty good game, but he's not an elite quarterback. Justin Worley is not an elite quarterback. Peterman, well he tries hard. Dobbs may give us the best chance to win, but I'd bet money we are still going to be complaining about QB play after each and every one of the last 4 games. Argue it any way you want, but there is not a star QB on this roster. Period. Maybe next year.

@8:14 in Butch's post-game, per Dobbs:

"Now, he needs to get better next week... if... if he's given the opportunity."

Sounds like Butch has made his decision, caught himself giving it away, and tried to recover.

how many times did Dobbs get sacked last night and how many times has Worley ate grass average in a game? Hell how many times did it happen in the chatt game even? Dobbs has more big play potential.

Yep, I agree. You just missed the point.

VN Store

Back