Burns enters transfer portal

Because Burns was gone regardless, not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

My Lord you can’t always be right. Why not just admit you were wrong on this one?

There’s only 1 person that was going to leave for Blackshear, and that player would prefer to remain in Knoxville if given the chance...you think someone WANTS to transfer in late June/early July with incredibly limited options?

This is the best available grad transfer.....

4) Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220, PF, UNLV
Stats: 10.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg
Scout’s take: “He’s a banger, a phenomenal rebounder. Quick twitch. He can finish around the rim and step out to mid-range.”

Reactions: VolFan4life24
Woah

You sir never ever said that. You argued the opposite

When they started pursuing Blackshear I don’t think he was gone, but he didn’t handle himself well and all parties felt it was best for him to move on regardless of Tennessee landing someone.

When they started pursuing Blackshear I don’t think he was gone, but he didn’t handle himself well and all parties felt it was best for him to move on regardless of Tennessee landing someone.

Well that is obvious now but must not have been when you claimed to the op you knew who the kid thought

That’s the difference between you and said player

This is the best available grad transfer.....

4) Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220, PF, UNLV
Stats: 10.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg
Scout’s take: “He’s a banger, a phenomenal rebounder. Quick twitch. He can finish around the rim and step out to mid-range.”
Thomas Bruce. Can rebound and block shots.

Well we thought Burns was in the dog house but now we know he was.

Why didnt we take Bilau then?

Knowing this Juiston seems like someone we should have been in contact with a month ago.

Now I know why Reverend Rick was in such a hurry to get out of town.

So as of now it's Fulkerson,ORN,Kent,and hope to God Plavsic is eligible.

It sucks because I bet without the Blackshear recruitment he had a chance to turn things around. I’m guessing he got into more trouble

I hate it

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yea and we told you the public recruitment made this likely and you didn’t want to believe it
I don’t think it effected it, if you want to believe it did that’s your choice...definitely proves bailey didn’t take a 2020 spot though.

Rob Lewis backs it up. Says this was TN decision, not mutual. Burns was always going to be gone
I’m absolutely not discounting that being the case. But it’s certainly possible Lewis is trying to save face for the staff. What took Burns so long to enter the portal then?

Grant Ramey is reporting DJ is in the transfer portal. Anyone have any solid insight on this? Ramey says there has been “chatter” this summer. This explains chasing Blackshear

I’m absolutely not discounting that being the case. But it’s certainly possible Lewis is trying to save face for the staff. What took Burns so long to enter the portal then?
I'm not sure, but perhaps it was his desire to stay until he was basically dismissed (unofficially). Maybe he was just a kid who was just happy to be here and on the team enjoying all the social perks of that, and didn't want to put in the work to get better. Transferring meant having to convince another staff that he had that desire when he really didn't. Some kids just decide when they realize how hard big time college athletics really is, that they just don't want to do it any longer, but they still enjoy the game and free education.

All speculation on my part.

VN Store

Back