Burns enters transfer portal

This is the best available grad transfer.....

4) Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220, PF, UNLV
Stats: 10.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg
Scout’s take: “He’s a banger, a phenomenal rebounder. Quick twitch. He can finish around the rim and step out to mid-range.”
Coming off an injury. May be why he's still out there.
Also a guard out there from Tenn St last time I looked. From Memphis.
49. Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey, 6-4, 191 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Tenn. St.
The Memphis native has good size for his position and can shoot it from the perimeter. Averaged 14.3 points and shot 38.1 percent from 3.

Sad that kids get an opportunity to play college ball at a Division l school and throw it all away because they can’t stay out of trouble.

I’m absolutely not discounting that being the case. But it’s certainly possible Lewis is trying to save face for the staff. What took Burns so long to enter the portal then?

Today is the deadline for TN to give notice that they will not be renewing anybody's scholarship. Burns maybe does not want to transfer having had his redshirt year go up in smoke.

Reactions: sport3500
That’s on him, nobody else.

Meh I have always believed strongly in this line.

“Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is.Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.”

This guy for the last month has been treated as damaged goods. It’s not an excuse but certainly understandable if he did indeed screw up again

Reactions: scvolfan7
Well we thought Burns was in the dog house but now we know he was.

Why didnt we take Bilau then?

Knowing this Juiston seems like someone we should have been in contact with a month ago.

Now I know why Reverend Rick was in such a hurry to get out of town.

So as of now it's Fulkerson,ORN,Kent,and hope to God Plavsic is eligible.

I'm going to get blasted for this but -

Do other coaches who make 5 million struggle this bad during the off season? You would think things would be a little smoother.

And yes, I have every right to bring up his salary. I've been a UT fan before RB and I'll be one after he is gone.

Sad that kids get an opportunity to play college ball at a Division l school and throw it all away because they can’t stay out of trouble.

I don’t live in the Knoxville area, so I haven’t heard anything about how he was in trouble. People on VN refer to him being in the doghouse, but has their been anything confirmed about him being in trouble?

I'm not sure, but perhaps it was his desire to stay until he was basically dismissed (unofficially). Maybe he was just a kid who was just happy to be here and on the team enjoying all the social perks of that, and didn't want to put in the work to get better. Transferring meant having to convince another staff that he had that desire when he really didn't. Some kids just decide when they realize how hard big time college athletics really is, that they just don't want to do it any longer, but they still enjoy the game and free education.

All speculation on my part.
I'll go with that, when he did get on the court it was obvious he was not putting in the work. Hell the others players had to put him in the right position. It's not a big loss as he was probably never going to contribute.

Reactions: Lurker
Why do basketball plays transfer so often. If I were a kid going to college and getting to play sports it’d take a pretty bad situation for me to want to uproot and start over. That’s not just talking basketball either. It’s friends and women etc.

I'll go with that, when he did get on the court it was obvious he was not putting in the work. Hell the others players had to put him in the right position. It's not a big loss as he was probably never going to contribute.
Burns? Lol. Only played in one game.

Interesting, didn't people call Basilio full of sh!t for eluding to Burns being out the last few weeks
Does that make up for 20 years of shoveling horse manure? A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Burns was out of shape when he got here and it doesn't look like much has changed so far. That is disappointing but I'm not sure how much he could have helped this coming season anyway.

I'm going to get blasted for this but -

Do other coaches who make 5 million struggle this bad during the off season? You would think things would be a little smoother.

And yes, I have every right to bring up his salary. I've been a UT fan before RB and I'll be one after he is gone.

TN was a long, long shot to land Blackshear and came within a whisker of getting him. TN also had 4 under the radar recruits get NBA contracts. I wouldn't call that struggling. Plus the 2020 class is being set up as possibly the greatest group ever signed.

Would greasing the skids for a kid that apparently couldn't get his chit together to move on be considered struggling?

You deserve to be put on blast. Good work!

If he wasn’t already Pons is huge at the 4 now. I think we see him play there a lot and if he can succeed we become as much better team. I think he can
We need him just as much at the three. We only have Johnson, Pons, and Gaines (164lb) as our eligible wings and guards. At least in the post we currently have 4 guys eligible for two spots.

If he wasn’t already Pons is huge at the 4 now. I think we see him play there a lot and if he can succeed we become as much better team. I think he can

Saw it here or read somewhere that Barnes had commented that Pons is having a terrific off season. Something similar was said about Kent and then a few days later he was being suggested as a likely departure if 2 were signed.

VN Store

Back