Buc-ee's

Stopped at the crossville location this weekend. Was insane. I would compare it to Walmart on Black Friday back when that was a thing. People were everywhere. Some just sitting in the middle of the sidewalk having a picnic right there in the middle of it all. Stood in line to get a bag of the bucee’s nuggets that everyone talks about. Checkout was really smooth. Alllll those people in there & i was probably in line around 5mns or so.

@joevol33 if i had to, i would say if caramel corn & Cap’n Crunch had a love child, those nuggets would be it

Last edited:
Stopped at the crossville location this weekend. Was insane. I would compare it to Walmart on Black Friday back when that was a thing. People were everywhere. Some just sitting in the middle of the sidewalk having a picnic right there in the middle of it all. Stood in line to get a bag of the bucee’s nuggets that everyone talks about. Checkout was really smooth. Alllll those people in there & i was probably in line around 5mns or so.

@joevol33 if i had to, i would say if caramel corn & Cap’n Crunch had a live child, those nuggets would be it
No wonder I love them 🤣

Reactions: the_todd
Went to the one in Crossville. I’ve been to all the ones in Texas (where I’m from). The brisket was very good - better than anything I’ve had here. The pulled pork sucked. The jerky was very good.

Most of the stuff was the same as in Texas except for the pulled pork. They also had 1/2 or 1/3 t-shirts that they have any typical Texas store. They also have a hunting section at some Texas stores that they did not have at this one.

Brisket lover here for sure, just cooked a blue label Australian Wagyu yesterday from Meat Artisan. I have to say, that I'm really not a fan of their brisket sandwich...ONLY because they slather BBQ sauce all over it. I've had the chopped, sliced and by the pound. I kind of like by the pound because then you don't have to get any sauce. Only problem is that it's more than $22/lb. where I get it from charges $15. Buc-ees is usually a bargain on most items, but definitely not on food it appears.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Brisket lover here for sure, just cooked a blue label Australian Wagyu yesterday from Meat Artisan. I have to say, that I'm really not a fan of their brisket sandwich...ONLY because they slather BBQ sauce all over it. I've had the chopped, sliced and by the pound. I kind of like by the pound because then you don't have to get any sauce. Only problem is that it's more than $22/lb. where I get it from charges $15. Buc-ees is usually a bargain on most items, but definitely not on food it appears.
Maybe their bread and butter items (beaver nuggets, etc.) are loss leaders designed to get you in the door.

I think the food is pretty fairly priced for what you're getting, but I tried the brisket sandwich and also hated how much sauce was all over it. I'm guessing you could ask them to fix you a sandwich with no sauce which I think would be a lot better. Their sauce isn't that great and I don't think brisket really needs it anyways. The kids love those sausage on a stick things wrapped in a tortilla.

Reactions: 9296potsguy
Drove by the Crossville store on Saturday around noon and it was a madhouse with traffic backing into the street. We had planned to stop, but it was too crowded. We had to get off the interstate at that point due to construction and/or a crash further up the road. Hit it on the way back and it was chill at 8pm on Monday. I like how they have pulled all of the gas prices down in that area (possibly to Lebanon even). Kids had BBQ and woofed it right down, even the picky little one so pleased about that. Love the clean bathrooms as usual.

side note: it is freaking ridiculous that gas is still $4.30 a gallon in Knoxville while it is $4 or below in the Nashville area (White House and Ashland City for sure). Knoxville is on the gas pipeline.

Edit to add: I know it is cheaper on I-40 around Buc'ees because they are losing money on gas to generate business. Doubt that was the reason in the two cities mentioned above.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Drove by the Crossville store on Saturday around noon and it was a madhouse with traffic backing into the street. We had planned to stop, but it was too crowded. We had to get off the interstate at that point due to construction and/or a crash further up the road. Hit it on the way back and it was chill at 8pm on Monday. I like how they have pulled all of the gas prices down in that area (possibly to Lebanon even). Kids had BBQ and woofed it right down, even the picky little one so pleased about that. Love the clean bathrooms as usual.

side note: it is freaking ridiculous that gas is still $4.30 a gallon in Knoxville while it is $4 or below in the Nashville area (White House and Ashland City for sure). Knoxville is on the gas pipeline.

Edit to add: I know it is cheaper on I-40 around Buc'ees because they are losing money on gas to generate business. Doubt that was the reason in the two cities mentioned above.

they aren't losing money on gas. I know what the wholesale prices are from the refineries.

Reactions: volkyries
That doesn't make me feel any better about it. lol :mad:
They are still making quite a bit on it, which I'm sure will make you feel worse. But I see both sides, because the sores didn't make jack while prices were skyrocketing and that's been for the majority of the year. This is by far the worst year I've had on profit vs revenue and it's not even close.

Reactions: volkyries
Well, I finally made my way into Buc-ees in my way over to Nashville this weekend. It’s completely nuts! The Beaver Nuggets are legit crack cocaine level addictive. Dangerous place for diabetics in there. Walked around for 15 minutes just taking in the operation. Whoever started this and/or owns it is brilliant. You’ve combined Pilot Travel Centers with Walmart, Cracker Barrel and an oversized Costco gas station all rolled into one. Had to be some college buddies sitting around drinking too much beer one night that came up with this biz model and put it into action.

Well, I finally made my way into Buc-ees in my way over to Nashville this weekend. It’s completely nuts! The Beaver Nuggets are legit crack cocaine level addictive. Dangerous place for diabetics in there. Walked around for 15 minutes just taking in the operation. Whoever started this and/or owns it is brilliant. You’ve combined Pilot Travel Centers with Walmart, Cracker Barrel and an oversized Costco gas station all rolled into one. Had to be some college buddies sitting around drinking too much beer one night that came up with this biz model and put it into action.
They do seem to know what they are doing.

The one I’ve been to was booming. It was a good stop for the family. We lingered and it added another hour to our 8 hr drive. It was worth checking out. It lives up to the hype.

The best gas station I’ve been to had fast food and fireworks.

We made it to the parking lot on our last attempt but that was it. When a parking lot has round abouts and there’s nowhere to park you just leave and try again another time.

The brisket is kinda blah, our first time in Alabama I got chili cheese dogs and enjoyed them. Got the brisket on the way to Motley Crue in Cincinnati and really wasn't into it. Its brisket for people who don't eat much brisket. As a fat person I was not impressed.

Heading south Sunday morning God willing. Will be stopping below Macon for them beaver nuggets!

Reactions: the_todd
We made it to the parking lot on our last attempt but that was it. When a parking lot has round abouts and there’s nowhere to park you just leave and try again another time.

Same. Had to abort the mission on myprior attempts. Finally made it in with no problem on Thursday afternoon.

Reactions: C-south

VN Store

Back