Buc-ee's

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Hit the one in Leeds, AL (home of Charles Barkley) finally. It's a fascinating retail concept. Nothing food-wise I'd go there specifically for. What I had was good. Took my folks and they had a great time.
If you are into such things, their boudin stuffed tenderloin on a smoker is a huge hit with us.

Failed to mention, it’s bacon wrapped.

C-south

Same thing happening in Crossville. Hiring double what they need and then trimming the fat. With Chick-fil-A opening there in August it’s really hurt the labor market.
Coming back from MB a few weeks ago we was gonna hit Bucees but it was so crowded we decided to grab a bite at Wendy’s on the other side of the bridge. It didn’t look that busy so we go in and my gf goes to place our order while I find a seat with the kids. After a about 10 minutes they stop taking orders because they are maxed out with like 16 pending orders. People start going up and getting refunds. They just didn’t have any people to work and apparently many had left for Bucees.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Same thing happening in Crossville. Hiring double what they need and then trimming the fat. With Chick-fil-A opening there in August it’s really hurt the labor market.
My nephew runs the truck stop on the other side of I-40. Doesn’t expect problems because truckers are their core customer base.

Toujours Pret

Still on the Lane Train
Coming back from MB a few weeks ago we was gonna hit Bucees but it was so crowded we decided to grab a bite at Wendy’s on the other side of the bridge. It didn’t look that busy so we go in and my gf goes to place our order while I find a seat with the kids. After a about 10 minutes they stop taking orders because they are maxed out with like 16 pending orders. People start going up and getting refunds. They just didn’t have any people to work and apparently many had left for Bucees.
There's a reason people leave.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
My nephew runs the truck stop on the other side of I-40. Doesn’t expect problems because truckers are their core customer base.
I imagine that truck stops on the same exits do just fine between truckers and the folks that take one look at a Buccee’s parking lot and do a 180.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
I imagine that truck stops on the same exits do just fine between truckers and the folks that take one look at a Buccee’s parking lot and do a 180.
Another good point. We wanted him to apply when it was announced that the franchise was coming. He’d have made a LOT more money and he’s a community icon…so a shoo-in hire. But he makes his own hours and has used those hours to help build the soccer programs in that area…which were basically non-existent when his son and daughter were toddlers. Now the son starts for the high school and the daughter is on multiple travel teams. Kid makes great decisions so why even try to mess that up? 😏

Finally had a chance to stop at one. It’s worth checking out. Plenty of gas pumps, if you can’t find what your looking for, you should have went to Walmart.

The lines at the main exit were long(10 in line of each of the 4 registers that were open) to get checked out, so we left thru the side exit we came in and walked right up no line at all.

I can’t imagine having that tourist attraction as the place I would stop and get gas or snacks on a regular basis.

VN Store