Buc-ee's

Hit the one in Leeds, AL (home of Charles Barkley) finally. It's a fascinating retail concept. Nothing food-wise I'd go there specifically for. What I had was good. Took my folks and they had a great time.

If you are into such things, their boudin stuffed tenderloin on a smoker is a huge hit with us.

Failed to mention, it’s bacon wrapped.

Stopped at Buc-ees on I-75 near Richmond, KY. How many gas pumps can be in 5 acre spot? Hundreds !
neat concept and no large trucks allowed ( we still support truckers)
but damn lotta cars and folks

Attachments

• 51ED14A2-66F9-473A-92BE-6EDF0138BD8F.jpeg
    51ED14A2-66F9-473A-92BE-6EDF0138BD8F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
The one in Florence, SC just pilfered from other local businesses that were then left extremely short staffed.
Same thing happening in Crossville. Hiring double what they need and then trimming the fat. With Chick-fil-A opening there in August it’s really hurt the labor market.

Reactions: feathersax
Same thing happening in Crossville. Hiring double what they need and then trimming the fat. With Chick-fil-A opening there in August it’s really hurt the labor market.

Coming back from MB a few weeks ago we was gonna hit Bucees but it was so crowded we decided to grab a bite at Wendy’s on the other side of the bridge. It didn’t look that busy so we go in and my gf goes to place our order while I find a seat with the kids. After a about 10 minutes they stop taking orders because they are maxed out with like 16 pending orders. People start going up and getting refunds. They just didn’t have any people to work and apparently many had left for Bucees.

I mean what is all the fuss..........
People acting like they are giving free food, clothing, gas etc..... Calm down folks :D

Reactions: feathersax
My nephew runs the truck stop on the other side of I-40. Doesn’t expect problems because truckers are their core customer base.

I mean what is all the fuss..........
People acting like they are giving free food, clothing, gas etc..... Calm down folks :D
Obviously you've never had the beaver nuggets!🤣

Coming back from MB a few weeks ago we was gonna hit Bucees but it was so crowded we decided to grab a bite at Wendy’s on the other side of the bridge. It didn’t look that busy so we go in and my gf goes to place our order while I find a seat with the kids. After a about 10 minutes they stop taking orders because they are maxed out with like 16 pending orders. People start going up and getting refunds. They just didn’t have any people to work and apparently many had left for Bucees.

There's a reason people leave.

My nephew runs the truck stop on the other side of I-40. Doesn’t expect problems because truckers are their core customer base.
I imagine that truck stops on the same exits do just fine between truckers and the folks that take one look at a Buccee’s parking lot and do a 180.

I imagine that truck stops on the same exits do just fine between truckers and the folks that take one look at a Buccee’s parking lot and do a 180.
Another good point. We wanted him to apply when it was announced that the franchise was coming. He’d have made a LOT more money and he’s a community icon…so a shoo-in hire. But he makes his own hours and has used those hours to help build the soccer programs in that area…which were basically non-existent when his son and daughter were toddlers. Now the son starts for the high school and the daughter is on multiple travel teams. Kid makes great decisions so why even try to mess that up? 😏

The first few bites are delicious. Then about 10 minutes later the delight is replaced by a bloated feeling of shame lol.

I ate an entire bag in my hotel room after watching the Indy 500. Bad idea, I passed out and woke up with such a bad headache I thought I relapsed. Ha.

Delicious though.

Reactions: joevol33
Finally had a chance to stop at one. It’s worth checking out. Plenty of gas pumps, if you can’t find what your looking for, you should have went to Walmart.

The lines at the main exit were long(10 in line of each of the 4 registers that were open) to get checked out, so we left thru the side exit we came in and walked right up no line at all.

I can’t imagine having that tourist attraction as the place I would stop and get gas or snacks on a regular basis.

Reactions: zooguy
If anyone visits soon can you check to see if they have Buc-ee's Crossville shirts in and what color they are?

Went to south Georgia this past weekend and stopped at the QT exit 306 south of the Buc-ees at 312. About half the traffic it had last year.

VN Store

Back