BTO’s SECT Kentucky Postgame Report

Re: #3, I agree. However, it drives me nuts how refs swallow their whistles at the end of a game when a team is obviously desperate and fouling. That’s part of what led to turnovers for Tennessee at the end. Then the horse$h!t foul calls on ZZ and SV after they were mugged…😡😡😡

Agreed. I haven’t seen a call as egregious as the Vescovi “charge” at the end of the game, in quite some time. I’m not sure what the defender can realistically do at that point. He’s trying to cover up the ball and protect the boards. The defender has EVERY RIGHT to his position in that circumstance. Wheeler was draped over his back and clawing at him. It would be unfathomable how you could call that a charge…..if it wasn’t Kentucky….

We really did win an 8 on 5 yesterday.

UT is playing great basketball, and they will likely go on a deep run in the NCAAt.

The problems I see with UT's game is that they are 'the hunted'. Every team they play wants to beat them badly, so they play UT as hard as they can. It goes with the territory of having a great season. You become a target. Other teams want to prove themselves against you. That leads to sometimes looking like you are struggling, when in reality, you are just getting the best out of your opponent every single game.

Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Two down,one more to go.So happy for this group of PLAYERS! One thought tho,how in the hell ddid those assh..e refs call a foul on Zeigler when he had the ball,was getting mauled by number 2 and I think 30 under the Wildcat's basket late in the game?What a freakin' fix!

If you are talking about the play late in the game it was Santi with the ball and being mugged by 2 and assisted by 55. Mr. "I hate UT" Pat Adams was less than 10 feet away the whole time and came in to make the emphatic player possession call after all that contact. I reviewed it ALL again, and there are several views to review, and Santi had the ball out in front of his chest extended, had been bent over and moving with his pivot foot anchored, and then with the guy leaning over his back straightened up with his shoulders the directly above his feet and therefore CLEARLY in his cylinder by rule when the guys face contacted him on the back of his shoulder blade. What is really infuriating about the call is that they reviewed it as a crew and and upheld the call. The only possible foul on Santi would have involved his elbows outside his cylinder and that clearly was not in play with any legitimate review. The rulebook specifically addresses this situation with the following:

b. When there is a foul called for swinging of the elbows involving the cylinder rule or a hook and hold play, the officials may review the play and adjudicate all penalties by removing fouls, assessing fouls against any player or concluding that no foul(s) occurred.

They all must have missed this day in ref school.

Three of the most controversial plays over the last month have all been with his crew involved. The Fulky/Santi call in our AU game, the charge fouls on LSU in their Arky game, and now this call on Santi. Maybe Adams has a beef with Santi as he has been hit with two world class bad player possession calls in very late game situations. Fortunately we survived both and got out with a win. The other call benefitted ole #10 of Arky getting a charge call when he clearly moved under a guy after he left the floor. And I have been pulling for everyone to beat LSU for a few years now and celebrated the coaches better late than never dispatch, but no player deserves calls that are in no way supported by the rulebook, even if playing for a piece of work. Adams needs to be called out for these calls and the fact they all seemed to survive reviews on his watch. Plenty of tape to review on all of them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how this team beats a presumptive #1 seed, #2 seed (twice), win thier conference tournament (calling my shot), and still end up a #3 seed in the tournament.
I can’t figure out why you haven’t found the racial aspect of this snub. Keep thinking I’m sure you will

I can’t figure out why you haven’t found the racial aspect of this snub. Keep thinking I’m sure you will
Look who's still in thier feelings, You need a safe space junior ?! Had I realized you were so damn sensitive, I wouldn't have called you out, that one's on me Bruh...lol

Pressure has hurt us in several games this year. With our guard play I wouldn't expect it. But it's there. Some smart coach will try to exploit it going forward.

Pressure has hurt us in several games this year. With our guard play I wouldn't expect it. But it's there. Some smart coach will try to exploit it going forward.

Hopefully our coach is smart enough to plan for it. Surely, they can see it just like we can.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Agree, especially in the 1st half. However, I think I may have seen BHH grow up just a hair in the 2nd half. He seemed more assertive and made some nice moves. That’s a really good frontcourt he was facing. If that’s a sign of things to come in the NCAAT, whoa boy…

We need to see more of that aggression. Like when he got the ball went to the hole and slammed it. Same with the rest of our bigs. It will come with experience and confidence.

I had just turned 2 the last time we won the SECT so yeah I don’t remember that at all. I really want this win today to consider really having one in my lifetime so far. That said, I would gladly trade it for a Final Four run! But hey, let’s just do both! GBO!!!!!

I’m in the dog house with the wife…she normally goes somewhere when I watch games and I usually watch football and follow the bb on my iPad. But today I watched the game and I was good all the way up to the offensive foul call and then I lost It…old habits just don’t die. The Kentucky guy fouled him 3 times before he every cleared out with his elbows…
Try watching the game when your wife is as die hard of a Kentucky fan as I am Tennessee fan. We cannot be in the same house when they play.

VN Store

Back