BTO’s SECT Kentucky Postgame Report

Not complaining about such a great victory, but the scoring margin would have been greater had we not missed some close/easier shots at the basket. The "touch" at close range from our Bigs has room for improvement. Or, just dunk the damn ball !!
I've said all year that we have to lead the nation in missed shots at the rim. Jimmy Dykes even mentioned that Plav probably leads the nation, individually, in missed shots at the rim. There's a reason we are 233rd, nationally, and dead-last in the SEC in 2-pt FG%.

Reactions: Lankykong
3. Here’s my complaint/negative…we gotta find a way to be better to end games, I don’t like our press break, Chandler at the line is shaky, we turn it over too much late…we get ourselves big leads and are beating teams and then damn near give it away, it hasn’t happened yet but damn I hope it doesn’t cost us at the wrong time.
Given how close we've come to choking it away on multiple occasions, I can't understand why no one has tried to amp up the pressure on us earlier in the game. This is by far the biggest concern going into the dance.

Let's hope TAM doesn't figure it out either. Go Vols, I really want to see this team cut down some nets.

Zeigler and Vescovi are the only two that should handle the ball from the 2 min mark on. JJJ had a couple of turnovers there late and I was loud my wandering why he was even touching the ball. Get it to the guards and get out of the way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and CDB
Given how close we've come to choking it away on multiple occasions, I can't understand why no one has tried to amp up the pressure on us earlier in the game. This is by far the biggest concern going into the dance.

Let's hope TAM doesn't figure it out either. Go Vols, I really want to see this team cut down some nets.

The refs are a big part of the late game surges. They get caught up in the excitement and make stupid calls (Santi gets asssulted as they swallow their whistles and suddenly call fouls on him as he attempts to break the tackle). It is a high risk strategy and can result in easy baskets if employed early in contests.

aTm is completely different than Auburn 2019. That Auburn team was on fire from 3 and with a horrible call vs Va, probably would have won it all. Auburn played only 2 games before the SECCG.

aTm is shooting good from 3 but Arkansas is vulnerable to that as we know. aTM has also played 3 games. They play better defense than Auburn did but shouldn’t run away from Tennessee tomorrow.

I suspect a close low scoring game. Great guards usually win those.

The refs are a big part of the late game surges. They get caught up in the excitement and make stupid calls (Santi gets asssulted as they swallow their whistles and suddenly call fouls on him as he attempts to break the tackle). It is a high risk strategy and can result in easy baskets if employed early in contests.

Also you will wear your team out and we have more depth than most teams

Not complaining about such a great victory, but the scoring margin would have been greater had we not missed some close/easier shots at the basket. The "touch" at close range from our Bigs has room for improvement. Or, just dunk the damn ball !!
You gotta think Barnes is gonna rib UP about that put back but yes—their hands in paint have to be stronger if we are going to go deep in the tourney.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think that an under the radar plus is that KC is starting to climb out of his free throw shooting funk. He hit something like 50 straight in high school and around 90%. Even though he missed one late, he looked much better. ZZ is now missing more in the critical, late situations.

What are you talking about?? ZZ was 6-8 for the game and 5-6 at the end. He’s ice. We need to figure a play to get him an open in bounds pass. He and SV should be taking all of our FTs at the end of the game.

No knock on Chandler BTW.

I think winning tomorrow proves not to just fans but players that post season success is possible. Win this and a final four is more achievable. The players will habe a lot more confidence in Coach and themselves.

Reactions: Golf freak
What are you talking about?? ZZ was 6-8 for the game and 5-6 at the end. He’s ice. We need to figure a play to get him an open in bounds pass. He and SV should be taking all of our FTs at the end of the game.

No knock on Chandler BTW.

He was hitting over 90% a few weeks ago and perfect at the end of games. He’s now below 85%. 3 for 6 versus Arkansas. That’s what I’m talking about. Missed another late today.

1. This one’s gonna be a little different folks, at this point of the year the deep dive into stats just doesn’t really bring the same meaning. We are who we are at this point it’s March…and who we *****ng are is a team that is playing some damn good ball. We just led wire to wire, at some points by double digits, against a team that everyone in the nation is drooling over as a final four team.

GBO!!!

Your best report of the year!!!!!!

They can't try it early in the game because we are rolling at full speed, would blow them off the court. It only works when they are in desperation mode after we start milking the clock. They need to work on how they are trying to beat the press but otherwise Barnes is making the right moves. All they needed to do against Arky and UK was make a couple of 1 and 1 free throws and they would have won going away.

Reactions: CDB and Delmar
Nope. And might be really nervous sitting just outside of the bubble.

I really wasn’t sold that KC would live up to his billing, especially after the first quarter of the season. Boy was I wrong. His development over the course of the year has been phenomenal. His speed to the basket is unreal.

VN Store

Back