BTO’s SECT Kentucky Postgame Report

I really wasn’t sold that KC would live up to his billing, especially after the first quarter of the season. Boy was I wrong. His development over the course of the year has been phenomenal. His speed to the basket is unreal.

He makes the other guards much better too. He plays a little too fast for our bigs, but they’re better now then early in the season. NBA posts won’t have any difficulty catching his next level passes.

I actually think we should at least be considered for a 1 if we win tomorrow. And think we should be a 2 regardless.

When we win tomorrow, we should be heavily considered for a 1 seed! 26-7 SEC champs, I've lost count on top 10 wins! One loss in the last 45 days or so and that has been avenged!

Last edited:
I actually think we should at least be considered for a 1 if we win tomorrow. And think we should be a 2 regardless.
With Duke losing, I'd have to think a win for us tomorrow will have us in the discussion for a 1 seed. A 2 seed would be a lock.

Reactions: Orange Raid
I want to shout out Brandon Huntley-Hatfield.

He had 8 pts and 6 rebs, today.

He has averaged 6.7 pts and 5.5 rebs across the last six games. 40 pts and 33 rebs (15 ORs) in six games. And it came against high-end competition; UK, Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi State, among them.

In the previous 10 games, combined, he had TOTALLED 9 points and 18 rebounds.

He looks like he belongs on that floor, now. It never looked like it was going to click for him midway thru the season, but he has anchored down and decided to be a factor.
Cant believe you used a Candy slogan, ;)

I want to shout out Brandon Huntley-Hatfield.

He had 8 pts and 6 rebs, today.

He has averaged 6.7 pts and 5.5 rebs across the last six games. 40 pts and 33 rebs (15 ORs) in six games. And it came against high-end competition; UK, Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi State, among them.

In the previous 10 games, combined, he had TOTALLED 9 points and 18 rebounds.

He looks like he belongs on that floor, now. It never looked like it was going to click for him midway thru the season, but he has anchored down and decided to be a factor.
Please never use the term “anchored down” it tends to make me want to spew

He was hitting over 90% a few weeks ago and perfect at the end of games. He’s now below 85%. 3 for 6 versus Arkansas. That’s what I’m talking about. Missed another late today.

My bad. I read your post wrong. I thought you made it sound like Chandler was better than Z when it came to making free throws at the end of the game.

I would rather have Chandler taking the game-winning shot but Z is a stone cold killer with ice in his veins. No fear. I love the look in his eyes. It’ll be interesting to see if he is able to keep it up as the stakes get higher.

Do we win the game without KC?

The turnaround/development, whatever you want to call it, of the whole team has been amazing. JJJ is a leader and a threat. The young guys are legitimate contributors. OT doesn’t want to see Tennessee again.

That being said, we are not where we are and on this run without Chandler. Barnes has been hard on him. But that’s why he came to Tennessee. That’s what I love about college ball. Watching these young guys develop. I think there is nobody better in college basketball at developing point guards than Barnes. If you are a point guard or a quarterback you should want to come to Tennessee.

I can't for the life of me figure out how this team beats a presumptive #1 seed, #2 seed (twice), win thier conference tournament (calling my shot), and still end up a #3 seed in the tournament.

Do you have Arizona on your list? I couldn’t tell if you had Auburn as a one or a two.

1. This one’s gonna be a little different folks, at this point of the year the deep dive into stats just doesn’t really bring the same meaning. We are who we are at this point it’s March…and who we *****ng are is a team that is playing some damn good ball. We just led wire to wire, at some points by double digits, against a team that everyone in the nation is drooling over as a final four team.

2. I got an idea…let’s bust down every MF’er door and put the CBB world on notice? How’s that sound? Let’s win our first SECT championship in 40+ years, and then let’s make our first Final Four in program history…that sound alright to y’all?

3. Here’s my complaint/negative…we gotta find a way to be better to end games, I don’t like our press break, Chandler at the line is shaky, we turn it over too much late…we get ourselves big leads and are beating teams and then damn near give it away, it hasn’t happened yet but damn I hope it doesn’t cost us at the wrong time. Rather than putting 3-4 guys wishing 15’, space it out and let Zeigler use his quickness and Vescovi his savvyness.

4. I know I’m celebrating, and that ain’t gonna stop, but I hope our guys are locked in…A&M is playing great ball and has plenty to play for, but if we come to play we win this game and win the first SECT Championship of my lifetime, it is there, I want it, I’m ready, LFG!!!!

GBO!!!

Re: #3, I agree. However, it drives me nuts how refs swallow their whistles at the end of a game when a team is obviously desperate and fouling. That’s part of what led to turnovers for Tennessee at the end. Then the horse$h!t foul calls on ZZ and SV after they were mugged…😡😡😡

Not complaining about such a great victory, but the scoring margin would have been greater had we not missed some close/easier shots at the basket. The "touch" at close range from our Bigs has room for improvement. Or, just dunk the damn ball !!

Agree, especially in the 1st half. However, I think I may have seen BHH grow up just a hair in the 2nd half. He seemed more assertive and made some nice moves. That’s a really good frontcourt he was facing. If that’s a sign of things to come in the NCAAT, whoa boy…

They are playing well enough for this to be the season that Barnes breaks through in post season. Beating a top 5 team on a neutral floor is just what I was waiting to see. Like to see them win today but Saturday says we're ready.

Reactions: Lankykong
1. This one’s gonna be a little different folks, at this point of the year the deep dive into stats just doesn’t really bring the same meaning. We are who we are at this point it’s March…and who we *****ng are is a team that is playing some damn good ball. We just led wire to wire, at some points by double digits, against a team that everyone in the nation is drooling over as a final four team.

2. I got an idea…let’s bust down every MF’er door and put the CBB world on notice? How’s that sound? Let’s win our first SECT championship in 40+ years, and then let’s make our first Final Four in program history…that sound alright to y’all?

3. Here’s my complaint/negative…we gotta find a way to be better to end games, I don’t like our press break, Chandler at the line is shaky, we turn it over too much late…we get ourselves big leads and are beating teams and then damn near give it away, it hasn’t happened yet but damn I hope it doesn’t cost us at the wrong time. Rather than putting 3-4 guys inside 15’, space it out and let Zeigler use his quickness and Vescovi his savvyness.

4. I know I’m celebrating, and that ain’t gonna stop, but I hope our guys are locked in…A&M is playing great ball and has plenty to play for, but if we come to play we win this game and win the first SECT Championship of my lifetime, it is there, I want it, I’m ready, LFG!!!!

GBO!!!
First SEC Tournament Championship of your lifetime ? I thought you were around TGO's age and now I find out, you are younger than me.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back