Bryce Thompson missed tackle

With the rules as strict as they are about touching quarterback, you can't expect teams to go in and " lay the wood " to the opposing QB anymore. It is almost always some type of a penalty unless you are Alabama or maybe Georgia. The rule makes a lot of players hesitant which causes a lot more missed tackles.

He was a runner. Wrapping up isn’t a penalty.

To be honest I think our d lineman on the opposite side of the camera hit and pushed hm forward if it's the play I'm thinking of...

Who saw the pathetic tackle attempt he had on the QB? He literally rushed in and pushed him to a first down. On my team, he wouldn’t saw the field again. I can’t say what would have happened at practice Monday, it may be against the law....
He is a blanket shut down cover corner, not all cornerbacks are great tacklers. There was one who went by the nickname of Primetime that rarely tackled, because he focused on covering the receivers and keeping them from touching the ball.

Who saw the pathetic tackle attempt he had on the QB? He literally rushed in and pushed him to a first down. On my team, he wouldn’t saw the field again. I can’t say what would have happened at practice Monday, it may be against the law....
Ok!! He didn't rap up on that play. He has been very solid for us so far in his young career.

It was pathetic ........... and soft. That's the kind of thing I never thought we would see with Pruitt as head coach. He is Mr. Defense, Toughness, Physicality, Grit & Grind. ............. or supposed to be.
Isn't this the same kid that has pulled that stunt in earlier games. That's embarrassing. This is the type of thing I see happening repeatedly that makes me doubt how well these guys are being coached - you would think that would result in this kid being chewed on during film sessions and then emphasized with tackling drills on the practice field afterwards.

He is so focused on shutting down receivers that he doesn't have anything left for tackling ??????????? Are you kidding me ??
That play required nothing more than going in hard with his right shoulder and knocking the QB sideways.

Kind of like Shamburger’s shoulder bump on Swift last week? That should be added to the list of highlights of how not to play football.

Reactions: I40flyer

I’ll take a burger with cheese and fresh lettuce, tomato,pickles,bacon. Go vols.

With the rules as strict as they are about touching quarterback, you can't expect teams to go in and " lay the wood " to the opposing QB anymore. It is almost always some type of a penalty unless you are Alabama or maybe Georgia. The rule makes a lot of players hesitant which causes a lot more missed tackles.

Not buying it. They are not going to penalize a solid, shoulder & arm-wrap tackle. What our guy did was just plain lazy.

Reactions: I40flyer
Not the first time. He’s just not a good tackler.

As a general rule, CBs aren't nearly as good tacklers as Safeties, LBs etc. They are smaller and quicker though. We were lucky to have Cam Sutton who could do both well.

Also, that Stevens guy had about 35 pounds on him and it isn't easy to stop forward momentum from the side angle.

But Bryce can do better.

Reactions: 08Vol
You should be on the sideline next Saturday. People make mistakes. He played pretty well for the most part today

Reactions: cgrish

Tough band director, huh?

Reactions: stephp4ut

VN Store

Back