Bryce Thompson missed tackle

With the rules as strict as they are about touching quarterback, you can't expect teams to go in and " lay the wood " to the opposing QB anymore. It is almost always some type of a penalty unless you are Alabama or maybe Georgia. The rule makes a lot of players hesitant which causes a lot more missed tackles.
BM would disagree with you I'm sure...

Not to mention they've got everybody scared that they'll get tossed if they hit the quarterback to hard
Again, I'll state, ask our QB Mauer how true that is? Our guys may be scared, but other SEC teams don't mind making clean hard hits....no penalty.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of other really good stuff he did
You hit it on the head knox-town

He is a cornerback... stop playing guy's . He tackled the guy and its not like the guy wasn't weaseling out of tackles from multiple people and isn't known as a guy that can run the ball. He had more than half his teams total rushing yards.

Who saw the pathetic tackle attempt he had on the QB? He literally rushed in and pushed him to a first down. On my team, he wouldn’t saw the field again. I can’t say what would have happened at practice Monday, it may be against the law....

Agreed. I would expect a defensive coach like Pruitt to demand players wrap and not try to "push tackle" like Eric Berry. Only Eric Berry can tackle like Eric Berry.

Reactions: I40flyer
Who saw the pathetic tackle attempt he had on the QB? He literally rushed in and pushed him to a first down. On my team, he wouldn’t saw the field again. I can’t say what would have happened at practice Monday, it may be against the law....
If you were such a great coach you wouldn’t be posting on here. I also believe it was just a bad play on his behalf but he has made a lot of good ones .

Reactions: feathersax

It wasn't the best move all day, but c'mon. He's good. If you were to bench everyone who screwed up once over the past 6 weeks, you couldn't field a team. But, you probably know that you couldn't field one anyway if your life depended on it. And, it's really hard for me to read illiterate posts.

Reactions: feathersax

While I agree that it was a poot tackle, Yes he would continue to play on your team,....or any team. He is a lock-down corner and he is a huge part of the success they are now having on D

While I agree that it was a poot tackle, Yes he would continue to play on your team,....or any team. He is a lock-down corner and he is a huge part of the success they are now having on D
It was lazy, I wouldn't even call it an attempted tackle, just lazy. Now, the HUGE success UT is now having on D? Without talking about our great win over MS, what are you talking about? Will we see this "Hugeness" against BAMA?

Upon further review. I think I know what his problem was. On the 2nd play of the game he came on a blitz and was barreling in on the qb, the qb steps up and Bryce and Darrell smacked helmets and both went down like they were seeing stars. So later when he’s rushing in to get the qb on the play being hashed he seems to pull up as gets there cause opposite the qb is an orange helmet. Probably no excuse but if you run the 2 plays back to back it’s noticeable, maybe.

VN Store

Back