Brooks conditionally released from LOI (Update: Unconditional Release)

Tennessee has so grossly mismanaged football, the only option is to let the kids go who want to leave. It's a no win scenario. Play with who remains, survive the next year or two with NCAA penalties and rebuild. I just want the program I love to stop being a national joke, play hard and compete and the chips will fall where they do. Need some drama-free stability for 36-48 months.

Reactions: Gruden's Goons
Don't you mean regressed? Our team was guilty of many things last season but temporarily straying from the subject wasn't one of them.
Don't you mean regressed? Our team was guilty of many things last season but temporarily straying from the subject wasn't one of them.
Sorry brain fart- we REGRESSED. But you get what I am saying.

I hope this doesn't become a Kiffin like class where 80% don't end up here 2 years from now.

I get you will have turnover anytime a coach leaves but we really can't afford it rn.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Ale Kaho entered the transfer portal this morning.....former 4* ILB is a junior......could not get on the field at bammer except for special teams where he excelled. He would start for us or be the first ILB off the bench......lordsaban may not allow him to go to an SEC team, however.

There is a difference in the transfer portal and asking out of an NLI. Saban nor anyone else cannot put conditions on where a player can transfer through the portal.

There is a difference in the transfer portal and asking out of an NLI. Saban nor anyone else cannot put conditions on where a player can transfer through the portal.
lordsaban has power over players and their movements that none of us can even begin to imagine.....if he doesn't want Kaho to go to an SEC team then he won't go, portal or letter of intent be dam*ed.....I've seen it happen over and over again....lordsaban doesn't play by the rules; he doesn't have to. If Kaho goes to an SEC school, which I doubt seriously, it will be only because lordsaban gave it his blessing......you can be sure of that, my friend!

Still amazing we kept a top 25 class. Glass half full over here

Exactly.

And they are down to 19 commits for the '21 cycle which, through the vagaries and mysteries of the portal, makes me think they can still add some players back.

They have some heavy lifting to do to develop some relationships in the state as it sounds like Pruitt followed the Dooley model of pi$$ing off a lot of programs around the state.

Plenty of work to do for '22 but they do have time to recover.

Reactions: DonDiego
They should get paid.

I didn't make the comparison; I responded to the one that made it. The point of the comparison was "is this the lesson we want kids to learn? That's they can just quit if their boss gets fired?" Well, yeah. Whether or not Brooks should be allowed out of his NLI (he should), there's nothing wrong with teaching the lesson that you don't have to put up with a crap situation.
That post is so inconsistent it is not worthy of unpacking and responding to. Goodnight.

Wonder if Bama signing this guy would mean that they don’t haveroom for T’oo T’oo

UT coming out with a release with conditions only to get peppered with punches from the media, then remove the conditions doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in this AD. It was like they didn’t expect the media to attack them in this (dumb) or just wanted their daily media beat down (dumber).

Cmon, people, you gotta be smarter than this.

VN Store

Back