Brohm May Be Running at Tennessee

I think everyone would prefer a Chip Kelly or Gary Patterson, but who knows how realistic those names are (not very if I had to guess). Jeff Brohm is who I would go to if Mullen says no.

Mullen is a mediocre SEC coach and has been for 10 years. Gruden, Kelly, Patterson, and Peterson are unrealistic.

Brohm is as attractive as any of the realistic candidates.

Reactions: 3 people
Would obviously prefer to get someone like Petersen, Patterson, Gruden, or Kelly... but I'm not sure any of those are realistic. Brohm leads the 2nd tier for me.

From all the stuff I see and hear this is what I can put together.
Petersen - LOVES the Pacific Northwest, happy, content, makes enough money. Not coming.
Patterson - Texas guy, has a great thing going, money doesn't talk. Not coming.
Gruden- got a great gig, makes plenty of cash, has said many times he doesn't like NCAA rules. Nope.
Kelly- watching college football for best fit for him. Possible, but more likely UCLA if they as expected dump Mora.
If TN and UCLA are both open we lose.
Brohm- Very possible, believes he can make the jump, has a good offensive mind, winning now, knows the conference.
Arkansas might make a run at him but Tn would have a better chance to land.
Petrino- ready, willing and able if Tn calls, but not convinced here UT will do so with his past.
Another possibility is Jones and UT work out a compromise for less money, Jones could slide to Ole Miss at reduced salary. Jones would receive a long contract and rebuild Ole Miss and clean it up there. Wouldn't win 10 but at Ole Miss who does? 8-9 wins there would be acceptable.

Now, these are summaries of a lot of things, read, surmised, discussed, and a lot of them intersect from different places, which makes one wonder. TN does have a better situation now than when Jones came and that does make a difference. Jones can be appreciated for putting us back into the category of good jobs, if the administration doesn't let it regress. And that, is the rub.

Reactions: 1 person
Mullen is a mediocre SEC coach and has been for 10 years. Gruden, Kelly, Patterson, and Peterson are unrealistic.

Yep we have to accept mediocrity. Sucks...

Catching a head coach from Purdue is certainly not a step down, this guy is a winner. We need someone to run an offense driven machine, Brohm is the man! Quarterback at Louisville under Petrino, did a fabulous job at Western Kentucky (obviously a C-USA program) and now off to the races at Purdue that has been abysmal for years in the Big 10,12 (whatever they are?!?). Brohm is not an unknown quantity!

Butch Jones was certainly a winner also. Brohm has not proven he is any better than Butch and his record shows that. If that is the AD's choice, just keep Butch

Brohm ins a Louisville guy...spent most of his coaching and all his playing career in the state of Kentucky.

butch jones is a yankee. Nick Saban is yankee. les miles is a yankee. Bob Stoops is a yankee. urban meyer is a yankee.

ok, maybe it's ok if he's yankee, not named Butch Jones?

and who is DJ? Durkin?

Nick Saban is from west Virginia he's not s Yankee

I think everyone would prefer a Chip Kelly or Gary Patterson, but who knows how realistic those names are (not very if I had to guess). Jeff Brohm is who I would go to if Mullen says no.

No everyone wouldn't...

Attractive, yes, but not realistic due to buyout, plus Purdue will give him a raise/extension at first whiff of him getting other offers. They like what they have and don't want to start over AGAIN.

He's one of my top 3 realistic candidates, but I really want to see Fuente get the job. He's the guy I'd target.

Losses were to:

Lamar Jackson
#8 Michigan (at the time)
#7 Wisconsin (lost by 8)

Hardly bad losses.

Mark my words, they'll finish 8-4. Where will we?

I bet you didn't count on a loss to Rutgers. Surely u guys don't want a coach who had 2 good seasons at WK and is 3~4 in his first big job with a loss to Rutgers.

I bet you didn't count on a loss to Rutgers. Surely u guys don't want a coach who had 2 good seasons at WK and is 3~4 in his first big job with a loss to Rutgers.

It was a bad loss, but consider what PU looked like before Brohm. Let’s see how they finish. Perhaps they will grab a big win. If we were hiring today, then yes, today was a bad look.

It was a bad loss, but consider what PU looked like before Brohm. Let’s see how they finish. Perhaps they will grab a big win. If we were hiring today, then yes, today was a bad look.

I would never judge by one game but he doesn't have much to judge on.......and to me that is the problem. Tennessee can not afford a "chance" hire at this point.

I mean there is a generation of Tennessee fans that does not even know about Tennessee being a good program.

Reactions: 1 person
That's what Tennessee does. Losing doesn't matter to our administration. That's why Butch is still on campus today.

No, Butch was still here today because no other assistant coach deserved to take that a$$ beating today. That was meant for Butch and only Butch to take that beat down.If losing didn't matter we would have kept Dooley and made sure Butch was our coach next season.Just because Currie hasn't had a teleconference for the fans to keep us in the loop doesn't mean he's not resolving the issue. Butch is getting 1 lump sum and half of the original buyout in order for him to resign and not get fired. And again just because Currie hasn't called a special just for fans meeting or presser doesn't mean he is giving Butch another year. Butch's wife and family have convinced him to resign and move on to less stressful positions. Just let it play out and Currie will make everything public when he gets everything in place. Again Butch will not be our Hac in 2018 and Currie has already gotten the go ahead to spend whatever it takes to get a great coach in to lead the football team.

VN Store

Back