Brian Maurer - Latest Tweet

A failed opinion is what I’m calling you out on. Anyone on this board can go back and look up your opinions and they’d be left wondering why you’re patting yourself on the back because you’ve been wrong on most of your posts for the past few years. “Maurer will be behind JG AND Shrout”. “Maurer will never be the starter at UT”. Any of this ring a bell? Because you’ve said the same thing since 2019. He was never behind Shrout and he DID become the starter. You may want to consider deleting post 387 to littlevol because your history shows you know as much about football as you do punctuation.
its truly sad to see a man fail this badly as you have on this topic and now others are pointing it out. people aren't being quiet anymore. they're letting you know you've been wrong, but you're avoiding them. your issue is with me because i called this from jump and it has come to the point i said it would. dont be such a child about it. accept it for what it is and always has been. its not about chances its about him simply not having it in his decision-making for the decision period. anger at me on a message board isnt gonna solve those issues you failed to fix while being his mentor and qb coach....your words, not mine. you failed him as his qb coach and now u must correct your mistakes or see him possibly finish college and football all together at the qb position in 2 more years.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
its truly sad to see a man fail this badly as you have on this topic and now others are pointing it out. people aren't being quiet anymore. they're letting you know you've been wrong, but you're avoiding them. your issue is with me because i called this from jump and it has come to the point i said it would. dont be such a child about it. accept it for what it is and always has been. its not about chances its about him simply not having it in his decision-making for the decision period. anger at me on a message board isnt gonna solve those issues you failed to fix while being his mentor and qb coach....your words, not mine. you failed him as his qb coach and now u must correct your mistakes or see him possibly finish college and football all together at the qb position in 2 more years.
What you don’t realize is I’ve given you credit for being right in the sense that he wouldn’t be here. However, what no one knows is the reason why and it’s NOT the reason most, including you, think. The reason this is happening now dates back to before the spring game. Don’t tell me I failed him when all you have is an opinion completely absent of fact.

His energy and fire...along with his athleticism...yeah he probably could be a good WR.

I won't %100 agree with everything you're saying about his overall abilities. But in light of what has transpired recently, you do make a valid point in that long term you do have to question where his best opportunity is. And I can't believe I'm actually giving you that much credit...but yeah. WR is less thinking. Its more physical in nature, and Maurer loves to run. He's into feeling and playing with emotion. He probably has good hands from playing QB.

He probably could be fiery WR that infuriates the defense with his quickness and competitive nature.

However, I still believe he can play QB somewhere and be very productive. All-Conference type player.
I believe he would have talent as a punt/kick returner.

What you don’t realize is I’ve given you credit for being right in the sense that he wouldn’t be here. However, what no one knows is the reason why and it’s NOT the reason most, including you, think. The reason this is happening now dates back to before the spring game. Don’t tell me I failed him when all you have is an opinion completely absent of fact.
you did in a sense you trained him.....remember, your words. when you thought he was justified and you made him a victim to pruitt you were quick to let that out in an attempt to show he wasnt given a fair shot. now that he has and its something before spring practice. so why didnt he leave then? crap is what i call. some lame ish to deflect the pure fact he didnt measure up. its sad. dude is a wr. really good pure athleticism, but not a qb.

you did in a sense you trained him.....remember, your words. when you thought he was justified and you made him a victim to pruitt you were quick to let that out in an attempt to show he wasnt given a fair shot. now that he has and its something before spring practice. so why didnt he leave then? crap is what i call. some lame ish to deflect the pure fact he didnt measure up. its sad. dude is a wr. really good pure athleticism, but not a qb.
I’ll never back down from calling it like it is. Pruitt victimized every qb he came in contact with not named JG. As for this staff, I have no ill will towards them at all. I think they’re doing a great job. Brian doesn’t have to come out on top for me to admit UT has a good coach.

Reactions: lexkyvol
He’s not a WR.

Reactions: VFLBerg
yes he is. he is not a qb!
It’s not either/or. Even if I agreed with you (I don’t.) We had better QBs on the roster and twice as many capable WR’s. He’ll be a starter at QB…elsewhere.

I am hoping his status in the portal changes from committed to enrolled soon. Could possibly use this for Mincey and save an initial counter for more conventional recruits or part of our penalty for the NCAA. He may be our first potential earned replacement.

Reactions: Vol8188
I am hoping his status in the portal changes from committed to enrolled soon. Could possibly use this for Mincey and save an initial counter for more conventional recruits or part of our penalty for the NCAA. He may be our first potential earned replacement.
that snow job in the MCB was the NCAA penalty

Does this mean anything at all other than he’s committed to the program? Is it one of those “I’ll always be a Vol” even if I transfer.

We’ve see these tweets before that kind of alluded to him wanting to leave.

I'm proud of what he did at ut. Hope

he he does well.He"ll always be a Vol to me.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back