Brian Maurer - Latest Tweet

Does this mean anything at all other than he’s committed to the program? Is it one of those “I’ll always be a Vol” even if I transfer.

We’ve see these tweets before that kind of alluded to him wanting to leave.

If anyone else tweeted it, we would say he’s all Vol. Transfers get a fresh start, maybe guys that didn’t mesh with the prior staff but stayed should too.

OMG! Not everything he posts is cryptic. He literally just did an interview earlier this week and quite convincingly said “I never thought about transferring” while expressing his love for the Vols. Maybe he’s saying some of you may be surprised soon. Maybe he’s saying he’s 100% committed. Maybe he’s just saying he loves his team.

I can see any of them mentally checking out at #4. Let’s be real, it’s not just him.
True, but we’re talking about him here and I’m speculating on his Tweet after the first big practice w/o media

True, but we’re talking about him here and I’m speculating on his Tweet after the first big practice w/o media
That’s the problem though. It’s at the point, no matter what he says, it’ll be read into. Half want him gone so bad they’ll hope that’s what he meant. The other half have him last on the depth chart (hence post #9) in their own minds and assume it’s gotta mean he was informed of what THEY are thinking. When in reality, it can be taken at face value.

I would fully expect whoever comes in 4th to hit the portal.

Not saying I would want them too, but I would think pride if nothing else would be the reason, especially if they only have a year or two of eligibility left.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I would fully expect whoever comes in 4th to hit the portal.

Not saying I would want them too, but I would think pride if nothing else would be the reason, especially if they only have a year or two of eligibility left.
They should tbh. They all have ability and with Jackson coming in it’s in their best interest to go somewhere they can compete more

It’s rare now with the portal to have 4 scholarship QBs

He's going to graduate regardless, but do wonder if he ends up 4th string, if he ends up at a G5 program. Frankly, I've always thought he would end up somewhere like Memphis / UCF / etc, where he can be "the man" at some point. Though, the equation is a bit different now than it was last year, because Heupel's offense fits him perfectly.

Reactions: savannahfan
They should tbh. They all have ability and with Jackson coming in it’s in their best interest to go somewhere they can compete more

It’s rare now with the portal to have 4 scholarship QBs
If it’s Bailey or Maurer that may spell bad news because those two are the only two to show the ability to play in the SEC no matter how you felt about their output. Like it or not, Milton and Hooker have a lot to prove that the other two already have. But Jackson has nothing to do with that. Every highly rated qb comes in with the fan base thinking he’s the best. Look at Bailey. He was a 5* and at the very least you gotta admit he’s struggling to separate from the talent in that room no matter what “camp” you’re in.

If it’s Bailey or Maurer that may spell bad news because those two are the only two to show the ability to play in the SEC no matter how you felt about their output. Like it or not, Milton and Hooker have a lot to prove that the other two already have. But Jackson has nothing to do with that. Every highly rated qb comes in with the fan base thinking he’s the best. Look at Bailey. He was a 5* and at the very least you gotta admit he’s struggling to separate from the talent in that room no matter what “camp” you’re in.
Reality is you can’t keep 5 scholarship QBs and it’s rare to keep 4 nowadays. If #4 transfers then so be it. It means the coach’s think the other 3 are better (at least at that point in time)

And Jackson shouldn’t be expected to complete for the job year 1 anyway. Other QBs will come in, prob 1 HS recruit per year. If they don’t work out then they’ll look to the portal like this year

yeah, they were both on the field in the SEC, but let's not act like Maurer showed he's a SEC-level QB yet......and I'd even say that somewhat about Bailey. this is both smart of heupel and co and necessary because of my first sentence to make it a competition. if either are what you say they are, they should rise to 1 and 2 because this is the SEC. otherwise, neither are SEC-level QBs

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Lost in all this, especially amongst those that are adamant about one guys…this is the healthiest QB competition we’ve had since Manning came in. They can all play, no complete duds like Dormandy, errr can’t remember the others 😂

Reality is you can’t keep 5 scholarship QBs and it’s rare to keep 4 nowadays. If #4 transfers then so be it. It means the coach’s think the other 3 are better (at least at that point in time)
Understood but not all stars are practice warriors as Pruitt learned the hard way. Then again, I take that back. Pruitt didn’t learn anything. Nevertheless, some players shine brighter when the lights come on.

yeah, they were both on the field in the SEC, but let's not act like Maurer showed he's a SEC-level QB yet......and I'd even say that somewhat about Bailey. this is both smart of heupel and co and necessary because of my first sentence to make it a competition. if either are what you say they are, they should rise to 1 and 2 because this is the SEC. otherwise, neither are SEC-level QBs
Agree except HB can be SEC quality and still get beat if 2 or 3 others are SEC quality but better. It’s honestly the best case that we have at least 3 SEC quality QBs

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I disagree. Maurer showed he can play with these boys in his starts. I’m not going to waiver on that opinion because of how the previous regime handled their qbs. What he’s gotta prove is staying healthy. Bailey proved he can play as well. Maybe in a different role than this offense is designed, but he can play a managers role until he has dominant receivers and a good/great o line. Hooker and Milton both lost their jobs in lesser divisions.

Does this mean anything at all other than he’s committed to the program? Is it one of those “I’ll always be a Vol” even if I transfer.

We’ve see these tweets before that kind of alluded to him wanting to leave.

We all know he is the odd man out this year. and that he would be better off transferring and getting reps. He is too erratic in live game action and tends to play high risk football. He would of been great at UCF and could still transfer there.

VN Store

Back