Brian Maurer is going to be a special player

tn4elvis

He will leave this university as a fan favorite and help lead us back to respectability and competing for championships.The kid is mobile and has a very quick release.I also think he has that it factor as a leader.The two ints he threw yesterday were him trying to do to much. He will learn to throw those away in time.One thing I was wanting to see yesterday was how he responded after the big hit against him last game. He showed me all I need to see.He was fearless and throwing his body around with no regard.The mark of a great qb is to make those around him play harder and better.I think this kid will do just that.

He will leave this university as a fan favorite and help lead us back to respectability and competing for championships.The kid is mobile and has a very quick release.I also think he has that it factor as a leader.The two ints he threw yesterday were him trying to do to much. He will learn to throw those away in time.One thing I was wanting to see yesterday was how he responded after the big hit against him last game. He showed me all I need to see.He was fearless and throwing his body around with no regard.The mark of a great qb is to make those around him play harder and better.I think this kid will do just that.
I agree with every letter.

He looked horrible yesterday. I am not sure he is the answer and it seems people are anointing a qb that completes less than 58% of his passes and tosses ill advised interceptions. In two games, he has racked up 4 ints including 2 that cost us points on the board.
Give him just a little time and watch what happens. Remember hes a true freshman that was playing high school football this time last year. I just think he has the right intangibles.The experience will come with more live game reps.Hes far from a finished product but I just like what he brings to the table.

Give him just a little time and watch what happens. Remember hes a true freshman that was playing high school football this time last year. I just think he has the right intangibles.The experience will come with more live game reps.Hes far from a finished product but I just like what he brings to the table.

He looks like a middle of the road SEC qb. I don't see him being the second coming like many do..

I understand what OP is saying.......hes like the Andy Kelly of 89' Not a world beater, but a steady good quarterback that is going to lead us back to quality wins and help move the ship in the right direction.......I just hope that like in 89', that the next decade will be as good as the 90s and I'd be fine with another Heath Shuler followed by another Manning and Tee!!!!

As a true freshman, starting in only his second game behind a young offensive line, it is hardly surprising that Maurer should look like “a middle-of-the-road SEC qb.” His performance, however, in the first half against Georgia speaks volumes. He is decisive, clearly possesses courage and confidence in his own abilities, and inspires his teammates.

A lot of “gunslingers,” including Brett Favre, threw far too many interceptions, simply because they relied too much on their throwing arms, rather than their ability to read coverages. Personally, I have faith in Chaney and Weinke to cure Maurer of the worst of this tendency. That is, of course, if Maurer wants to remain Tennessee’s starting quarterback.

He looked horrible yesterday. I am not sure he is the answer and it seems people are anointing a qb that completes less than 58% of his passes and tosses ill advised interceptions. In two games, he has racked up 4 ints including 2 that cost us points on the board.
Manning didnt light it up his first couple games either

He’s gotta get strong and durable enough to be able to plsy and stay on the field. 2 starts, 2 injuries, twice had to come out of the game.

I like a lot of what I see from him....strong accurate arm, athletic, great competitive spirit. But he’s gotta he available to play. He also has to stop turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

But yes, I think he can be very, very good at QB for us assuming he can stay available and continue to improve.

If Bailey's as good as advertised it will be interesting to see how JP handles the QB situation.
People need to seriously slow their roll on Bailey imo. When he gets here next year, if he still comes here, he won’t be the automatic starter. Matter of fact, I think he’ll be 3rd string behind Maurer and Hill for most of if not all year and likely won’t start a game as a freshman unless injury forces him in.

People need to seriously slow their roll on Bailey imo. When he gets here next year, if he still comes here, he won’t be the automatic starter. Matter of fact, I think he’ll be 3rd string behind Maurer and Hill for most of if not all year and likely won’t start a game as a freshman unless injury forces him in.
Perhaps. That's why I said "if" he's that good.

I think there's a chance he's more game ready and more talented as a true freshman that Brian M was. Doesn't mean he'll start though. It's pretty obvious JP has struggled with what to do with the QB spot so far.

Reactions: PhilFulmersGut

VN Store

Back