Brett McMurphy source: College Football Season is Done

This is the thing. Because then, logically....

What about me? What about everyone else?

These are college kids, so it’s different.

But, it’s amazing how it’s too dangerous for some people to engage in their activities, but everyone else can be compelled to take the “risk”.

I’ve got a question. How come we are not disposing of everything in biohazard bins if this thing is so deadly and contagious

Because it spreads primarily between people and not random inanimate objects, which is pretty common knowledge by now

Reactions: 08Vol and ohhbother
I called it back in May that we wouldn’t have college football and got crucified by some people for saying we wouldn’t. There is just too much risk for the universities and now more kids are getting long term health complications from this virus and some little kids are dying. Thanks China!!!! for ruining 2020 for the whole world and killing college football the whole world owes you a ass kicking.
All the members of Volnation will chip in and get you a I told you so T shirt.
Now back to your regular scheduled program.

I called it back in May that we wouldn’t have college football and got crucified by some people for saying we wouldn’t. There is just too much risk for the universities and now more kids are getting long term health complications from this virus and some little kids are dying. Thanks China!!!! for ruining 2020 for the whole world and killing college football the whole world owes you a ass kicking.

Well that mAkes you a guru...

Get him a badge!

Reactions: feathersax
Forgive me but I’m not gonna put much powder into a conference that plays on Tuesday nights influencing the SEC into anything. Have any of the wise guys predicting this considered the MAC can’t pay for their season since they all get huge payouts from multiple P5 teams? Didn’t think so.

I think you make the best case for why a season should be played, but I don't think that it is going to fly. When you take our emotions out of it, there are simply too many scenarios where people can get sick, and I don't buy the argument that no college players would die. I believe that several would die, and many would get quite sick. There was even talk that one of our basketball players was already very sick, although I think he has since recovered.

Having said that, I am much more optimistic about basketball. I think they will likely wait until January to start, but I think things with COVID-19 will be winding down by then. Personally, I think having SOME football in the Spring would be quite interesting.
There's practically zero chance any would die. More people their age die from the flu. All data points to this. Currently ages 15-24 have a .0045 death rate. It's likely less than that even if you look at the fact that there have been far more cases than we have recorded. The vast vast vast majority are asymptomatic or have a cold. Everyone I know who has had it experienced it as a cold at worst. And half of them were in their 50's fat and unhealthy. Treatments also continue to get better and if they played theyd learn if they have it sooner since they'll be tested so frequently. Playing is safer.

They would be less likely to get the virus playing a season, because they will be monitored and tested extensively on top of being insentivized to not hang out with people outside of the team.

What would they be doing if they weren't on the team? Self isolating? No chance. And if you follow any young people or athletes on social media, you will have seen that many had been hanging with their friends and families for a while. That's why so many players tested positive when they reported to camp. Haven't heard of any players testing positive after returning to their team. Because like I said, they are incentivized to isolate from outside the team.

Reactions: i2amavol
What do other people even do in the fall? Is there a class or something I can take that will tell me how live in the last quarter of the year without college football?
I don’t know. I’ve been a college football fan for as long as I can remember and I’m 64. I’ve no idea how I will spend weekends without it.

Reactions: vollygirl
100% survival rate for college and professional athletes. I am not even aware of one of them being hospitalized.
A college age kid is 6 times more likely to die of seasonal influenza. Is much more likely to die in a car crash driving to and from campus than from the Wuhan China Virus....and of course, you’re spot on with your observation. Matter of fact, virtually everyone of the very few college and professional athletes were 100% asymptomatic, wouldn’t have known they even had it were it not for the testing.

Here's the thing, with Power 5 schools going to an all conference schedule smaller conferences are out of a lot of money with no pay me games. They also don't get the TV revenue the Power 5 does and with no fans then there is no income. There is no incentive to play, there is a lot of money on the line in Power 5 football.

And what does that get you exactly?
best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe-ever-no-chilling-683x1024.jpg

You mean that a guy with elephant a-$ avatar can come up with a fairer schedule in 5 minutes at the Chick Fil A drive thru as compared to the weeks it took the SEC office to get on their knees for UGA and LSU...

Stop being ridiculous. The Chick Fil A drive thru could be wrapped around the building twice, and you still wouldn't be sitting there for five minutes.

What do other people even do in the fall? Is there a class or something I can take that will tell me how live in the last quarter of the year without college football?
Yep! Try one of these 2. Eharmony or marriage counseling
If you do the eharmony, likely sooner or later you'll need the marriage counseling.

Reactions: ptcarter
A college age kid is 6 times more likely to die of seasonal influenza. Is much more likely to die in a car crash driving to and from campus than from the Wuhan China Virus....and of course, you’re spot on with your observation. Matter of fact, virtually everyone of the very few college and professional athletes were 100% asymptomatic, wouldn’t have known they even had it were it not for the testing.

Then why have many professional athletes opted out of their seasons due to COVID concerns? Why are player groups forming to demand safety protocols? Why are players with babies or infants at home deciding not to play because of the risk? Surely they have the same stats you have

Then why have many professional athletes opted out of their seasons due to COVID concerns? Why are player groups forming to demand safety protocols? Why are players with babies or infants at home deciding not to play because of the risk? Surely they have the same stats you have
Bc the media crams this crap down their throats. They’re 18-22, they don’t know the real world yet. They aren’t thinking for themselves.

This is nothing more than sensationalistic hyperbole. If this source doesn’t think that every Power 5 conference is going to “immediately” follow the MAC, then clearly there is no consensus among the P5 as of yet and five separate (yet identical) decisions to shutter the season have not been made.

This is nothing more than one man’s incorrect assumption about the fate of the season.
How much TV money is generated by the MAC network?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Bc the media crams this crap down their throats. They’re 18-22, they don’t know the real world yet. They aren’t thinking for themselves.

8 New England Patriots opted out. Without checking all of their drivers licenses, I'm willing to bet they're older than that.

Last edited:

tHe MeDiA iS mAkInG iT uP

VN Store

Back