Brett McMurphy source: College Football Season is Done

The MAC plans to play in the spring...that’ll work for them and all 3 players that might get drafted...won’t work for any P5.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I called it back in May that we wouldn’t have college football and got crucified by some people for saying we wouldn’t. There is just too much risk for the universities and now more kids are getting long term health complications from this virus and some little kids are dying. Thanks China!!!! for ruining 2020 for the whole world and killing college football the whole world owes you a ass kicking.
Actually they owe China several Atomic bombs, like Japan got in WW2

Every teacher ought to take this and run with it if it comes true. No way I’m putting myself out there if college can’t play sports in open air..

She doesn’t care lol she isn’t much of a football fan but she will be glad that my whole mood on Saturday’s in the fall won’t be determined by a Tennessee football game.
She must me a saint.
How on earth did you stay married the last 10 years?

Maybe the main reason that the non P-5 schools are canceling the season is that the 3 or 4 games they play against P-5 schools are gone and the money that goes with them. Without the P-5 games they cannot take those kind of hits to their budgets and survive.

Don’t use logic. They don’t want to hear that but be sure your kids are in a classroom on the first day bright and early!

Yes, a lot of people are arguing that college athletes' health is in danger.

It is also not a given in the slightest that playing football will put the community at a greater risk of the spread. Even if it did it would be in a very minute way.

Here's why. Say they are playing Auburn.
Everyone on the field would be going into the game having been tested extensively, to the point where there would be little chance that a player would be running around the field positive with COVID.

They would be outside where the virus rarely spreads.

They would be at worst playing someone without symptoms and people are not very contagious when they are asymptomatic.

Not a very effective breeding ground for spreading the virus.

Before they would even play a game, they will be tested vigorously and they will be more incentivized to stay away from people that are not on the team. Because of that, they will all be less likely to fraternize with nonteam members.

Even if they still do hang out with people, there's no way that they wouldn't hang out with people if they banned the season. Young people are the ones primarily responsible for the high case totals. Through partying and stuff like that.

We have five million cases without any football being played. A case total that is not nearly as high as it is in reality. The CDC estimated a few weeks ago that the real total is 6 to 24 times higher than the numbers suggest. That's anywhere from 30 million to 100 million people.

It's already out in the community spreading as we speak and there's literally no way to stop it.

Sorry, but playing football is not a greater risk than the young people already partying it up and consequently spreading it to the community. Or all the other work activities and shopping or going to restaurants that spread the virus.

If you are a player and get the virus you will learn that you're positive as fast as possible. You won't even have time to spread it to the community. I think at worst they will test every three days, but likely more. So at worst you have three days to get it and spread it and since you're going to test positive so early, you will be asymptomatic and they are hardly contagious!

I think you make the best case for why a season should be played, but I don't think that it is going to fly. When you take our emotions out of it, there are simply too many scenarios where people can get sick, and I don't buy the argument that no college players would die. I believe that several would die, and many would get quite sick. There was even talk that one of our basketball players was already very sick, although I think he has since recovered.

Having said that, I am much more optimistic about basketball. I think they will likely wait until January to start, but I think things with COVID-19 will be winding down by then. Personally, I think having SOME football in the Spring would be quite interesting.

Reactions: 08Vol
Think about how many ADs operate on a break even scale and how many will fold....

I know Tennessee was operating in the red for quite some time.

Thank you, politics.

Every teacher ought to take this and run with it if it comes true. No way I’m putting myself out there if college can’t play sports in open air..

This is the thing. Because then, logically....

What about me? What about everyone else?

These are college kids, so it’s different.

But, it’s amazing how it’s too dangerous for some people to engage in their activities, but everyone else can be compelled to take the “risk”.

I’ve got a question. How come we are not disposing of everything in biohazard bins if this thing is so deadly and contagious

Welp. It was fun while it lasted. VN up for bid? Maybe the buyer can change the name to soyboination

This is the thing. Because then, logically....

What about me? What about everyone else?

These are college kids, so it’s different.

But, it’s amazing how it’s too dangerous for some people to engage in their activities, but everyone else can be compelled to take the “risk”.

I’ve got a question. How come we are not disposing of everything in biohazard bins of this thing is so deadly and contagious

If it’s as bad as they claim why are kids out at risk? Are college kids more valuable than grade school?
The numbers aren’t even accurately being reported yet at the first mention of anything outside: Nope! Can’t do that! They spike! The world is ending!

Reactions: tbwhhs
I called it back in May that we wouldn’t have college football and got crucified by some people for saying we wouldn’t. There is just too much risk for the universities and now more kids are getting long term health complications from this virus and some little kids are dying. Thanks China!!!! for ruining 2020 for the whole world and killing college football the whole world owes you a ass kicking.
I hope China gets a butt whipping....by the whole world.

VN Store

Back