Brent Venables

SpiffyTeemingGull.gif

Log out and find a new hobby

You’ve reached the peak of this game

:eek:lol:

I'm trending toward Frost myself. The three this firm likes just don't excite me and will put the majority of our fans into a serious funk. Not saying they couldn't all be successful here, but our fan base won't have the perception they will be. They think Frost needs more time, but he's going to go somewhere soon and if Currie feels he can be the guy in a couple of years, they need to move on him now!

and whos the three?......somebody close said there first two offers will be kelly or gruden. I think the whole fan base would be ok with either or

and whos the three?......somebody close said there first two offers will be kelly or gruden. I think the whole fan base would be ok with either

Supposedly, the search firm being used thinks first call to Kelly but he's not enamored with programs that require all the extra fan related events like caravans, and they didn't even mention Gruden. The three the search firm really likes and think would be open to coming are Brohm, Chad Morris at SMU, and Mullen.

and whos the three?......somebody close said there first two offers will be kelly or gruden. I think the whole fan base would be ok with either

Supposedly, the search firm being used thinks first call to Kelly but he's not enamored with programs that require all the extra fan related events like caravans, and they didn't even mention Gruden. The three the search firm really likes and think would be open to coming are Brohm, Chad Morris at SMU, and Mullen.
there's two alleged rumors going on then. This^ and another saying Currie has been given the "go" from the boosters and administration to make a run at kelly or gruden. If we hire any of the three mentioned above all hell would break loose.....Illated94 on twitter basically stated its kelly or gruden, and that everything else is gravy. Currie has financial the financial support that he needs in order to get the big time guy

Reactions: 1 person
First off, I am not saying the three guys mentioned are the top 3. Those were some of the coaches my friend liked. It does not mean they'll be the ones that are recommended.
At this juncture they're only building a list. I have no clue which ones they've reached out to directly or through their agents.

In my opinion there's zero chance Gruden comes to UT. We have a better chance with Kelly.The comment about the Eagles is only partially true. The schedule for college coaches is more demanding than in the NFL. Look, Saban is not a fan of the road shows. As long as a coach is successful I don't care about how many fan and alumni events he does.

First off, I am not saying the three guys mentioned are the top 3. Those were some of the coaches my friend liked. It does not mean they'll be the ones that are recommended.
At this juncture they're only building a list. I have no clue which ones they've reached out to directly or through their agents.

In my opinion there's zero chance Gruden comes to UT. We have a better chance with Kelly.The comment about the Eagles is only partially true. The schedule for college coaches is more demanding than in the NFL. Look, Saban is not a fan of the road shows. As long as a coach is successful I don't care about how many fan and alumni events he does.
thanks for clarifying, i took it as thats what BOT were actually considering which would be awful

Personally, I think we do too much of that crap.. A coaches job is to gameplan and develop players.. Let him do it and scale all the fluff back... A lot..

Reactions: 2 people

If the administration and fan base are serious about our program becoming elite, they won't care as much about the outside activities either. If Kelly will come and we start playing for real championships, I don't think there will be any significant complaining if he is not the most fan friendly coach in that regard.

In my opinion there's zero chance Gruden comes to UT. We have a better chance with Kelly.The comment about the Eagles is only partially true. The schedule for college coaches is more demanding than in the NFL. Look, Saban is not a fan of the road shows. As long as a coach is successful I don't care about how many fan and alumni events he does.[/

Duplicate post again:blink:

Said search firm needs to be fired.

They are not a search firm. They make recommdations based on data. That’s all. It’s up to the AD, BOT, etc., to use the information how they wish.

What makes you say that? I'm not on the hire Venables train, just want to know what you have found.

For one Everyone says Chip's D's which gave up 21.5 ppg was terrible.........and for the past 8 years Venables D's have given up 20.5 ppg.............not nearly as strong as people give him credit for.

If we get Chad Morris apathy will begin to set in. The program will be done and we will be here having the same discussion in 3 years.

We need Kelly. We absolutely need Kelly and the AD needs to do whatever it takes to get him here and make sure he's comfortable. If that means paying him 7 million and scaling back all the fluff added to being the HC so be it.

...his is the only one most would have to Google. That would be the third in a row and we have grown comfortable with Googlable coaches.

If you have to Google Venables, then you don't know much about college football, and I have no regard for opinion. He is the most qualified assistant, if we can't get a proven D1 HC. I would prefer that route over our previous tendency to hire mid-major HC's. Certainly not a sure thing, but of the realistic candidates, who is?

Need elite defense minded coach...lookat vs butch can't beat muscramp well because he's butch but muscramp defenses are always more thst he can handle. Same for bama and now uga......trend is what always been you want win championships u better have beast defense period

Reactions: 2 people
Ven isnt leaving Clemson, not anytime soon. His son is joining the team as a LB and he has stated he has no desire to be a HC, at least not now. Prob would go back to KState (IMO) once Snyder retires, but not even that is a sure thing.

VN Store

Back