Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

I've said this before and I know it makes people go cross-eyed, but the schedule rating is easier when you win and harder when you lose.

When Team A loses to Team B, Team A's ranking falls and Team B's ranking rises.

So, when you win you hurt your strength of schedule. When you lose, you improve it. That will be escpecially true this year because there aren't going to be any OOC games.

What this is about is the SEC wants as many teams in bowl games as possible,and this their attempt to get it done!Fair is not a part of it!!

IMHO we play the (Teams Ranked in SEC with Tennessee #7):

1. AL
2. @GA
3. FL
5. aTm
6. @Auburn
8. UK
9. @SCar
10. Mizzou
12. @Arky
14. @Vandy

So we lucked out with:

4. LSU
11. Ole Miss
13. MissSt.

Woooooooo!

Pretty safe to say we have the toughest Schedule yet again.

Maybe we should look at the teams they aren’t playing rather than the ones they are before we judge a schedule.

We played the Dawgs last year and play Ole Miss next year. I’m glad we aren’t playing them this year too.

Fulmer needs to bitch and complain to the SEC. This is straight up B.S. ...We play the bama tards every year and they get an easy draw as well as Kirby dumb. They are protecting those teams for the playoffs. SEC committee sucks . Its byast and unfair like always, but this time it's really really glaring!

Reactions: onevol74
It's a lot more satisfying when you beat Florida, Auburn, Alabama, A&M, instead of Ole miss and Mississippi state.

Reactions: kcvols1
Fulmer needs to bitch and complain to the SEC. This is straight up B.S. ...We play the bama tards every year and they get an easy draw as well as Kirby dumb. They are protecting those teams for the playoffs. SEC committee sucks . Its byast and unfair like always, but this time it's really really glaring!

Bama's SEC East opponents' 2019 combined conference records: 18-14

UT's SEC West opponents' 2019 combined conference records: 15-17

Some of this was because there was no way around it.

Bama already had Georgia and Tennessee on the schedule. Unless you put Florida on it, there wasn’t anything else to do. And they just played South Carolina last year.

Georgia already was playing Auburn and Alabama. What else were they going to get?

We have a winner -spot on, Gator

Reactions: ksgovols
Georgia got Miss St.and Ark.They ought to be relieved that they got the two bottom teams.out of the west,being the"dawgs" are "bottom feeders" anyway.We'll now just "Put on more darn steam"!

Agree. I think there’s gonna be a lot of beating the hell out of each other this year...no one will get thru the gauntlet with less than 2 losses. We can be in the mix and have a pretty good season and still be 6-4. No doubt year over year we draw the short straw playing Bama, and the one year the conf gets the opportunity to square it away, they doubled down.
No....expect to see some very bogus and biased officiating to ensure one team runs the table.

Georgia gets two softies. Alabama gets two softies. Never would've guessed it. Still, I'm not bothered by our additions. Pruitt already spanked Auburn once, and A&M is beatable.
Exactly, yes it’s gonna be rough but I feel we are stronger than we were two years ago so I think we could come out on top plus look at it like this....they are not Oklahoma

As much as I already despised uga and everything related to that trash program, my disgust with that program just took a dive. What a clear preference for Flobee and all of the trash fans of that trash program.

The only redeeming thing is that uga will choke even after being handed this gift, because that's what they do.

Trash program. Most annoying, whiny, needy fans in sports.

Reactions: escapegoat2
Bama's SEC East opponents' 2019 combined conference records: 18-14

UT's SEC West opponents' 2019 combined conference records: 15-17
Keep posting it. It's not that strong of an argument. You are acting like a three game swing is some monumental change in the power dynamics.

For the record ...I think TNs schedule is as fair as they could get. They just played Miss St, so that wasn't gonna happen. Glad they didn't get LSU. Sucks having to go back to Auburn again. But it is what it is.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't let Bammers play Vandy twice.

VN Store

Back