Breaking news: We'll be good again.... eventually

Tennessee football will eventually be on top again. This is coming from someone that was only 2 when we won our last natty. I've only seen failure. But this fanbase is too big and passionate to be losing this long. IDK if this is the coach to do it, but we will see Tennessee on top again before we leave this earth. YES, I'm still drunk from ST Patties day. Go VOLS.

On top like in 1998? Hate to say it but J don’t see it happening for a long, long time. I think the SEC will have to get significantly weaker for that to happen.

Tennessee football will eventually be on top again. This is coming from someone that was only 2 when we won our last natty. I've only seen failure. But this fanbase is too big and passionate to be losing this long. IDK if this is the coach to do it, but we will see Tennessee on top again before we leave this earth. YES, I'm still drunk from ST Patties day. Go VOLS.
You wasted a “full day of drinking buzz” to ponder the future of Tennessee football, WOW!!!!!!!!

I think we're back to year 0....again!
274cd977c4a0f001ff3cf3e2a2ffa4db.gif

You ever heard about how great University of Minnesota football was? Per wikipedia: "The Golden Gophers claim seven national championships: 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960."

There are no guarantees we'll be back. You have to make it back, it does not happen by magic nor all the well wishes one can get conjured. It takes action.

As a Vol fan since 1980, I have seen major programs at the pinnacle only to fall down, way down. Tennessee is definitely not the only program struggling to make it back on top. Nebraska used to be the bully in the neighborhood, not any more. Penn State, Michigan, Texas, USC, Florida State, etc. have all had periods of losing records and upheaval in their programs. Even Alabama had a few seasons with losing records as they cycled through several coaches in a decade not all that long ago. It is all forgotten now as they have had amazing sustained success that will likely never be matched again. I get the frustration of the Vol fans as they have gone through a most difficult time but it will take time. Minnesota is on its way back and so can we.

I think we’ll be good again as well but the people in charge have done about as much as possible to drive this program into the ground. Tennessee is the most underachieving program in the country over the past decade given the resources they have at their disposal.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
That was a wonderful display of authentic Tennessee gibberish!

Reactions: tbh
You ever heard about how great University of Minnesota football was? Per wikipedia: "The Golden Gophers claim seven national championships: 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960."

There are no guarantees we'll be back. You have to make it back, it does not happen by magic nor all the well wishes one can get conjured. It takes action.

Minnesota Gophers last National Championship 1960
Minnesota Vikings first season 1961

Tennessee Volunteers last National Championship 1998
Houston Oilers officially become the Tennessee Titans and moved into Nissan Stadium in 1999

Two once proud college football programs were never the same.
Coincidence?

Reactions: tbh and CAVPUT
blinkgif.gif

The fanbase doesn't score touchdowns or hire coaches...We are just the customers who pay to see this mess known as Tennessee football...Coaching and strong recruiting are the only cure.

We will be looking forward to something happening in the next 20 years. Joy.

VN Store

Back