Bray tonight

Not sure if this is accurate but based on these numbers and I was the GM I would keep Bray.

Kansas City Chiefs Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions

I wouldn't CUT anybody. If you cut Daniels I'm sure they will get a penalty cap or something this season. Next season you cut him or trade him...but most likely cut him.

I'd give Smith an extension to 2018.

Float Murray around the league for possible trades THIS YEAR.

So in 2015 it will be either be Smith/Bray or Smith/Bray/Murray....

I think Murray was drafted just in case Smith doesn't take an extension and goes free agent after this season.

Reactions: 1 person
Why on earth is Bray losing weight considered a good thing? He got up to what at this heaviest here, 205? 210? Dude's a ****in stick, he needs whatever weight he can put on.

Not sure if this is accurate but based on these numbers and I was the GM I would keep Bray.

Kansas City Chiefs Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions

I wouldn't CUT anybody. If you cut Daniels I'm sure they will get a penalty cap or something this season. Next season you cut him or trade him...but most likely cut him.

I'd give Smith an extension to 2018.

Float Murray around the league for possible trades THIS YEAR.

So in 2015 it will be either be Smith/Bray or Smith/Bray/Murray....

I think Murray was drafted just in case Smith doesn't take an extension and goes free agent after this season.

Good post. Smith is the clear #1 for now but 10M for Daniels as a backup when you can have Bray and Murray for a combined 4M. Daniels is gone.

Reactions: 2 people
He was 230 last year so he cut down the fat

230 sounds reasonable for his height, though. That's probably what he should be at.

Roethlisberger is 250, Flacco is 240, Peyton is 230, Brady is 230, Eli is 230, etc, etc.

You gotta have some meat on you to take the hits. I know we all panicked about him taking hits from SEC defenders at 200 pounds, can't imagine him taking hits from the NFL defenders at that.

Tyler Bray is going to get cut. If they liked Bray at all they wouldn't have drafted Murray.

Absolutely incorrect.

1. No one in KC thinks Alex Smith is gonna get resigned.

2. Chase Daniels is overpaid. He's getting older and isn't showing progress. Tyler is making half of his salary and is starting to overplay Chase.

So, If They don't resign Alex and let Chase go you only have 2 QBS & of Murray shows a little something he's gonna be a great piece on the trading block.

Reactions: 2 people
230 sounds reasonable for his height, though. That's probably what he should be at.

Roethlisberger is 250, Flacco is 240, Peyton is 230, Brady is 230, Eli is 230, etc, etc.

You gotta have some meat on you to take the hits. I know we all panicked about him taking hits from SEC defenders at 200 pounds, can't imagine him taking hits from the NFL defenders at that.

Apparently he was a bad 230 though. You want to be fit not fat. Brady is listed at 225, Eli is 218, and Matt Ryan is 217.

Absolutely incorrect.

2. Chase Daniels is overpaid. He's getting older and isn't showing progress. Tyler is making half of his salary and is starting to overplay Chase.

So, If They don't resign Alex and let Chase go you only have 2 QBS & of Murray shows a little something he's gonna be a great piece on the trading block.

Pats used this same logic and look how staked they are at QB now. Their two backs ups are both NFL caliber starting QBs. Brady came out of the game this week and the team didn't even miss a beat on offense, and that's saying something because the Pats aren't exactly loaded with playmakers on the offensive end.

Good post. Smith is the clear #1 for now but 10M for Daniels as a backup when you can have Bray and Murray for a combined 4M. Daniels is gone.

If you release Daniel, you only save $1.4 million this year. You'll save $3.3 million against the cap next year. If Smith goes down, $1.4 million is a very small price to pay for a competent backup.

Bray and Murray will not win you any games, Daniel can.

Per a TV report, Murray got the entire second half because he didn't play in the Chiefs first preseason game. It was the gameplan going in, Bray will play extensively next week.

If you release Daniel, you only save $1.4 million this year. You'll save $3.3 million against the cap next year. If Smith goes down, $1.4 million is a very small price to pay for a competent backup.

Everyone around the Cheifs camp hhave praised bray repeatedly. So many people believe that Bray will unseat Daniels this year.

Sorry to barge in on this thread, just curious if anyone could direct me to John Ward's call on the 98 UF vs UT final kick. Pandemonium reigns. Thanks, and go Vols

LO effin L! Two of the most prolific passers in the SEC in recent times can't unseat a short, way overpaid, Mizzou QB. Laughable!

Absolutely incorrect.

They are going to resign Alex Smith. Andy Reid wanted Alex Smith in Philly. Andy Reid was hired by Clark Hunt before they had a GM. Andy Reid had influence on hiring John Dorsey as GM and firing Pioli. If Andy Reid wants Alex Smith, he will get Alex long term. The word in KC is they (Alex's agent Tom Condon) were offset in setting the market for Alex when Andy Dalton signed that horrible deal that is basically 2 years guaranteed money. Alex wants 4 years. Everyone in KC knows it's going to happen. It may not happen before week 1 but it will eventually get done.

LO effin L! Two of the most prolific passers in the SEC in recent times can't unseat a short, way overpaid, Mizzou QB. Laughable!

You might want to reread the link YOU posted earlier slow boy. I'll even help you out.
32 things we learned from Kansas City Chiefs 2014 training camp - Arrowhead Pride

The quarterback report

13. Consistently throughout camp the order has been: 1.) Alex Smith 2.) Chase Daniel 3.) Tyler Bray 4.) Aaron Murray. No, I don't know if the Chiefs will keep four quarterbacks.

Bray was not that great when he was here. What's so hard to understand? He was not as good as Murray and certainly wasn't a "prolific" passer. He was the best we had since the Iceman but that's not saying much.

"He was the best we had since the Iceman" but he "was not that great". He captained one of the most prolific offenses in UT history as a junior without any grasp over the mental side of the game. He threw for more yards in a single game than anyone in UT history, including Manning, and that was because our defense literally could not stop a wet paper bag. Bray is the definition of a "prolific passer". And you are fooling yourself with jilted emotions if you really think otherwise. Bray was NOT a complete, NFL ready quarterback. He IS a prolific passer.

Reactions: 8 people
"He was the best we had since the Iceman" but he "was not that great". He captained one of the most prolific offenses in UT history as a junior without any grasp over the mental side of the game. He threw for more yards in a single game than anyone in UT history, including Manning, and that was because our defense literally could not stop a wet paper bag. Bray is the definition of a "prolific passer". And you are fooling yourself with jilted emotions if you really think otherwise. Bray was NOT a complete, NFL ready quarterback. He IS a prolific passer.

Gonna have to side with TRAIN on this one. Being able to throw the ball better than most doesnt make you a prolific passer imo.

Agree to disagree. We obviously have different interpretations of what prolific means. Putting him up there with Murray is foolish though.

VN Store

Back