Bracketmatrix 2021-22

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2022

Updated earlier this week. Has us as a 4. LSU as a 2 but that will certainly change in the next update. I'd guess Auburn will be the 2 next time it updates.
thanks

seems like it has been 3 wks since theyve updated brackets
good site -- think *and I jhope) that LSU will continue t0 slide -- waders wont be higher than 4
aubs doing better than i expected

We fell out of Lunardi’s Top-4 seeds for the first time this season after last night’s win. We could really use a big W this weekend in Baton Rouge to get some momentum going.

I'm a fan of statistical rankings since no single person can effectively watch so many teams and rank them. I also think there's an interesting debate about ranking teams based on how good they are vs what they "deserve". I think a good solution is just to use an average two statistical ratings... predictive rating (how good a team is) and SOR (who is deserving). So if you were to select and bracket a field based on that it would look like this if the selection were held today
bracket 2.jpg

Reactions: ArdentVol
Hey @golfballs you of the opinion 21-9 probably has us a 4 seed heading into SECT? Obviously not a slam dunk but would you say that’s most probably seed?
I know I'm not who you @'ed, but I think that probably would. That likely has us going, what, 11-7 in SEC play? That's been good enough for the 4 seed more often than not since divisions were eliminated.

Hey @golfballs you of the opinion 21-9 probably has us a 4 seed heading into SECT? Obviously not a slam dunk but would you say that’s most probably seed?
Kind of on the fence between 4/5 We’re 13th in the net which obviously suggest a 4. And if you look at the remaining schedule to get to 21-9 the most likely losses are Texas, UK, Auburn, and LSU or Arkansas. That leaves either Arkansas or LSU as a Q1 win and then Miss St. Which I believe would make us 4-7 in Q1 games and feels more like 5 seed territory. The committee is consistently inconsistent in their criteria but I’d think 4/5. Win this weekend and I’ll lean 4.

Kind of on the fence between 4/5 We’re 13th in the net which obviously suggest a 4. And if you look at the remaining schedule to get to 21-9 the most likely losses are Texas, UK, Auburn, and LSU or Arkansas. That leaves either Arkansas or LSU as a Q1 win and then Miss St. Which I believe would make us 4-7 in Q1 games and feels more like 5 seed territory. The committee is consistently inconsistent in their criteria but I’d think 4/5. Win this weekend and I’ll lean 4.
Barttorvik shows us projected 21-9 and 4.1 seed, so that would seem about in line with your thoughts. TeamRankings tourneycast projects 21-9 finish for us with 5 seed as most likely, then 6 seed and then 4 seed.

Barttorvik shows us projected 21-9 and 4.1 seed, so that would seem about in line with your thoughts. TeamRankings tourneycast projects 21-9 finish for us with 5 seed as most likely, then 6 seed and then 4 seed.
Those two have a terrible track record when it comes to bracketology as I think most computer-based systems do. I like Barttorvik though for seeing relative impact in his team-cast feature

I'm a fan of statistical rankings since no single person can effectively watch so many teams and rank them. I also think there's an interesting debate about ranking teams based on how good they are vs what they "deserve". I think a good solution is just to use an average two statistical ratings... predictive rating (how good a team is) and SOR (who is deserving). So if you were to select and bracket a field based on that it would look like this if the selection were held today
View attachment 429454
curious about thoughts on the bracket matrixx vs team rankings
it's interesting that these brackets show billikens making the tourney since i keep seeing vcu, bonnies w/ higher marks
also see the spiders as joker in tourney deck

curious about thoughts on the bracket matrixx vs team rankings
it's interesting that these brackets show billikens making the tourney since i keep seeing vcu, bonnies w/ higher marks
also see the spiders as joker in tourney deck
Oh this bracket was mine I created using BPI/SOR. Purely statistical. The auto bids are determined using BPI and Saint Louis ranks 55th while Davidson is 56th. That’s also not the best way to determine the auto bids… even if St Louis has a higher predictive rating, they may still be less likely to win their conference tournament based on seeding and the resulting probabilities, but I wasnt going to get into that level of sophistication. Also, I think the BPI is a bit funky this year. Kenpom has them ranked 73rd and 42nd, respectively. But it was easier to pull a predictive rating and sor from the same source. In this case St Louis gets an auto bid due to predictive but Davidson is seeded much higher due to SOR

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back