Bowl Projection?

Would you all rather go to a more prestigious bowl, such as the Gator Bowl, where we will likely have a tougher matchup and higher probability of losing, or would you rather go to somewhere like the Music City Bowl where we probably face an easier opponent and are more likely to win? I’m usually always in favor of going to the best bowl possible but this year I feel like it’s very important that we end on a high note and win our bowl game. Plus, a 9-4 record just sounds a lot nicer than 8-5. Butch went 9-4 in year 3, and I would hate for Heupel to end up with a worse record in his year 3.
Gator Bowl, Music City Bowl, Mayo Bowl, Reliaquest Bowl, Texas Bowl, and Liberty Bowl are all the same tier of bowl at this point, especially with how the conference treats them now.

Higher prestige bowls nowadays are pretty much the Citrus Bowl or the New Years 6 Bowls.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
When are the bowls announced?

Bowl matchups will be revealed on Sunday, December 3, following the regular season and conference championship games.

The bowl announcements begin at noon, and the show will air on ESPN and available to stream live

Judging from the past 2 embarrassing games - it is a challenge to find a bowl opponent that could be a favorable matchup. However, if the coaching staff can turn the page and play the younger guys - it gives a better feel than the senior players looking so inept. It will be interesting to see if the coaches can improve the results against Vandy and a bowl opponent. Granted Missouri and Georgia are 2 of the best in the SEC, so maybe the team has bottomed out and can rebound to respectability. Those were ugly cringe worthy performances.

Judging from the past 2 embarrassing games - it is a challenge to find a bowl opponent that could be a favorable matchup. However, if the coaching staff can turn the page and play the younger guys - it gives a better feel than the senior players looking so inept. It will be interesting to see if the coaches can improve the results against Vandy and a bowl opponent. Granted Missouri and Georgia are 2 of the best in the SEC, so maybe the team has bottomed out and can rebound to respectability. Those were ugly cringe worthy performances.
I think given a month to prepare and heal up for a team that lost to UVA, GT and also should’ve lost to Duke we would be fine against UNC. Maye is excellent, but they have major flaws.

When you run from your weakness, you are dooming yourself to always have that weakness
I do want the defense to better but they’re just not there yet. Also they’re down several starters. UNC is not a good matchup and we need a bowl win for momentum into next season.

Reactions: Redleg68
I project an extra month of practice for this young team. I also project 1 less month between VOLS last game and first game of 2024.

These are GREAT!

Go VOLS!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Gator Bowl, Music City Bowl, Mayo Bowl, Reliaquest Bowl, Texas Bowl, and Liberty Bowl are all the same tier of bowl at this point, especially with how the conference treats them now.

Higher prestige bowls nowadays are pretty much the Citrus Bowl or the New Years 6 Bowls.
Because of CRIME in Memphis need to drop the Liberty Bowl.

I'm over all of the frustration. So Nashville is an easy trip and I have to time off, so I'm not gonna complain to go watch the game.

Would you all rather go to a more prestigious bowl, such as the Gator Bowl, where we will likely have a tougher matchup and higher probability of losing, or would you rather go to somewhere like the Music City Bowl where we probably face an easier opponent and are more likely to win? I’m usually always in favor of going to the best bowl possible but this year I feel like it’s very important that we end on a high note and win our bowl game. Plus, a 9-4 record just sounds a lot nicer than 8-5. Butch went 9-4 in year 3, and I would hate for Heupel to end up with a worse record in his year 3.
Gator and not even close. Who wants to cheer for a team that is afraid of competition? You must work in the football scheduling office at UT.

VN Store

Back