Bowl Projection?

Would you all rather go to a more prestigious bowl, such as the Gator Bowl, where we will likely have a tougher matchup and higher probability of losing, or would you rather go to somewhere like the Music City Bowl where we probably face an easier opponent and are more likely to win? I’m usually always in favor of going to the best bowl possible but this year I feel like it’s very important that we end on a high note and win our bowl game. Plus, a 9-4 record just sounds a lot nicer than 8-5. Butch went 9-4 in year 3, and I would hate for Heupel to end up with a worse record in his year 3.
You play who you play and if Heupel can not beat them then it is on him. I really do not think the guy is as much of a wus as some of our fans are.

A&M leading 24-14 at LSU. If that result holds, the Reliaquest Bowl is a possibility for Tennessee.
All 6 are a likely possibility regardless of LSU’s result. We’re at the pool of 6 tier level now, meaning Liberty, Music City, Texas, Reliaquest, Mayo, and Gator Bowl are all equally likely possibilities.

All 6 are a likely possibility regardless of LSU’s result. We’re at the pool of 6 tier level now, meaning Liberty, Music City, Texas, Reliaquest, Mayo, and Gator Bowl are all equally likely possibilities.
You don’t have to explain polls and tiers to me, I’m well aware. But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think that the conference takes into consideration the records of teams when deciding which bowls they should be sent to. They might be considered at the same “level” but there’s a clear difference in the quality of the ReliaQuest and Liberty/Music City/ Dukes/Texas bowl. The teams that have been sent to those respective bowls over the past proves just that.

I agree. I was at the UNC game in 2010. The referee actually said “the game is over” 😅
I remember hearing that as well. Dooley should have never brought the team back out on the field since the game had been declared over. Straight to the locker room and then the bus. Take the forfeit if necessary but don’t be complicit in your own mugging

I remember hearing that as well. Dooley should have never brought the team back out on the field since the game had been declared over. Straight to the locker room and then the bus. Take the forfeit if necessary but don’t be complicit in your own mugging
It was surreal

Regular season is over now. Were there any games today that affected the bowl that we will be going to?

Yep. I was there as well. He definitely said the game is over and there was no time left on the clock.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
Regular season is over now. Were there any games today that affected the bowl that we will be going to?
FSU-UF and KY-U of L. If FSU doesn’t come back and win, that pretty much eliminates the ACC from playoff contention. That means that the winner of FSU-U of L next week would go to the Orange bowl as the conference champ. If it’s FSU that wins, that would knock Louisville out of a NY6 bowl and probably elevate Ole Miss to one. That would bump LSU to the Citus bowl, which in turn, would probably put Tennessee in the ReliaQuest Bowl(Outback).

Honestly, I'll just take an easy win at this point and regroup for next year. A 9-4 seaaon is much better optic wise regardless of who the win is over.

I’m with you. I would have no issue playing some half assed Big Ten team and beating the snot out of them for some momentum going into next season.

Bowl committee knows we travel well. I see a new year's week bowl
Wherever we go our fanbase will be overrepresented

You probably thought this was clever. Dumb posts like this generally come from dumb people. Now I am not saying you are dumb...but the odds do point in that direction.
Just how I was feeling at the time. Not happy with losing to the four teams we lost to. 8-4 is above avg for the past 20 years of misery (minus last year) but I felt we did not live up to our potential, so any bowl we go to is kind of meaningless other than for recruiting purposes.

We had talent on the field and talent on the sidelines, but they didn't jell often enough. Appreciate the outgoing seniors - job well done men and thanks for your effort.

VN Store

Back