Bowl is not over yet

Look at what it does for tourism, which is what you asked. More people will stay in hotels and longer in FL. And we will sell out a FL bowl. The MCB sucks, it needs to move it’s time slot. Nobody wants a 4pm workday Monday bowl game
Look at the attendance numbers, it’s about 15K HIGHER in the MCB when the Vols play (than the Gator or TaxSlayer). You willing to bet 15K people won’t spend more in a day than 15K less in 2-3?

I’m hearing. Also Louisville vs miss st is official.

Attachments

• 5AD4C276-4887-4A66-95A0-0FB6B9F8E083.jpeg
    5AD4C276-4887-4A66-95A0-0FB6B9F8E083.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 4FDE2A05-E5E2-4EBB-9ABD-1DC6A413504C.png
    4FDE2A05-E5E2-4EBB-9ABD-1DC6A413504C.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Look at the attendance numbers, it’s about 15K HIGHER in the MCB when the Vols play (than the Gator or TaxSlayer). You willing to bet 15K people won’t spend more in a day than 15K less in 2-3?
Yes, at they won’t stay in nashville as they LIVE there

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Look at the attendance numbers(bowl game wise). More people go to the MCB when it’s Vols than the Gator or TaxSlayer.
Attendance is not a financial factor for the teams. They get the same payout no matter how many people show up.

What matters is national exposure on TV.

MCB at 3pm on a work day or GB in prime time on Jan 2. Really a no brainer. Plus the players are going to love Florida in January way more than cold ass Nashville and a bus ride back to Knoxville.

Attendance is not a financial factor for the teams. They get the same payout no matter how many people show up.

What matters is national exposure on TV.

MCB at 3pm on a work day or GB in prime time on Jan 2. Really a no brainer. Plus the players are going to love Florida in January way more than cold ass Nashville and a bus ride back to Knoxville.
Wrong.
Vols would get $300K more for the MCB, but ok

Reactions: dd4vols
By national reputation (street cred), Louisville carries more as a football program than Indiana
There's really no difference in opponent here. It's about TV in my opinion and also making the players happy.

A 3 hour bus ride to cold ass Nashville or a plane ride to sunny Florida. Who knows maybe I'm not in touch any more.

The TaxSlayer Gator Bowl website says one of their teams has been confirmed(probably Indiana) and their waiting for the 2nd team to be confirmed(probably Tennessee). I think Texas A&M will win up in the Texas Bowl.

I hope you all get what you want.

I understand that traditionally the Gator Bowl has a name that people know. But, the Music City is a better bowl.

If fans would rather have fun in Jacksonville than Nashville, cool.

But, technically, at this point in time, the Music City is better.
I’m happy with any and am more likely to attend MCB since it is local. I still prefer an out of state bowl for the players. It’s not about where the fans will have a better time for me, it’s about where these players will enjoy more. Plus, the Gator bowls plays later which extends our ability to watch Vol football a little longer this season.

The only problem is Matt Jones is FOS and a conspiracy peddler. Not saying it’s true, but he’s fake news

There's really no difference in opponent here. It's about TV in my opinion and also making the players happy.

A 3 hour bus ride to cold ass Nashville or a plane ride to sunny Florida. Who knows maybe I'm not in touch any more.

Having lived in Jacksonville all my life, I can tell you there is no guarantee on weather at that time of year.

Including major fog.

Reactions: YankeeVol
By national reputation (street cred), Louisville carries more as a football program than Indiana

Could care less about (street cred ... whatever) I want to kick a little 10's team butt !!! GBO !!!

VN Store

Back