Board Mood If We Go 0-4?

I seriously doubt we will see a Josh Heupel coached team go 0-4 here at Tennessee, not saying it couldn’t happen but I doubt it.
Having an extra week to prepare for Kentucky will be huge! I think we beat them IF we are healthy.
Ole Miss can go either way.
Alabama gets beat by an unranked team, they’re beatable.
Georgia is definitely the toughest team left BUT, when we have a decent/good team we always play them tough. We have a lot of players from the state of Georgia who take that game very personal.

IMO, we go 2-2.
How that shakes out, who knows?

As to the OP’s question on what this board mood will be If we go 0-4? That will come down to what effort the team played with, preparedness shown, injuries, and how disciplined we played.
GBO! 🍊🍊🍊

200.gif

I'm really just hopeful we can get one of the four. We've already proven dominance over the bottom tier, I really hope we can make that jump and get 1 or 2 of the next 4, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. These are all teams that should beat us, so the pressure is on them. We just need to go out and play our game and see where the chips lie.
Wasn’t Kentucky and Ole Miss traditionally considered bottom tier hopefully we can beat both of those clowns

I’m more worried about keeping CRG around Tennessee for a while than the next 4 games.

Vols should get 2 of the 4. Will they who knows but it’ll be fun to see them play out
. Me too I hope we can keep him around at least for a couple of more seasons

f*** it! We going 3-1. You choose the 3rd cause this offense can put it on anyone. A couple of turn overs in our favor and Shazam, got'em.

We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.
If the last 15 years are any indication, some people will be calling for Heupel's job if we lose this weekend. If we lose the next 4, be prepared for a mood shift.

Reactions: VolnJC
I predicted 6-6 before the year started and we are on track for that. Anything more is outstanding for all the factors impacting the team this year. As long as we don't give up and get blown out, especially with OM and KY, we are heading in the right direction.

Reactions: tbh and VolnJC
I'm not calling for a win or predicting one against UGA or BAMA. However, it's not a foregone conclusion that we lose them both. That's why we play the games. I believe we can win at least one of them. (Winning both is unlikely from an odds persepctive.)

The Tide and the Bulldogs have great athletes, no question. But they aren't demigods strolling the turf out there. They are beatable. GBO.

Some will remain pessimistic, but the last two games sealed it for me. I’m on the Heup Train. I mean it’s about time we started stomping the crap out of people again. If we had beaten USCjr or Mizz like 10-8 or some garbage I’d still be a little suspect, but we dominated them. One of those games we were picked to lose as well.

I'll be happy at 2-4 over the final six. 3-3 or 4-2 and I'm over-the-moon thrilled.

UGA & Bama have the potential to get ugly & lopsided, fast. A couple of three & outs and we've got a thin defense that can't stay off the field more than a few minutes. Even when we boat-raced Mizzou, the time of possession nearly 5-to-1 at some points, and the talent on those red teams ain't the same as Mizzou.

We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.

I said before the season started that Heupel could go winless this first season and I would be first in line demanding he have that second year. He cannot lose to Vandy this season and next season and keep my support next year. The same is true for Kentucky he cannot lose this season to the Cats and lose to them next year at Neyland and keep my support, that would be 3 straight years of losing to UK two of which would have been at Neyland. that's a streak that cannot happen. In 3 years he has to produce a signature program win to keep my support, he has to beat one of our big 3, Bama, UF, or UGA for me to see my way forward to support him being around 4 years.

Have no fear! If we lose the next 4 pop a Prozac, a Lexapro, or a Cymbalta. There's a good chance the sun will come up Sunday morning. Meanwhile, I hope the Vols castrate the rebs....without anesthesia!!

I think we should preemptively fire the coach because the possibility exists for going zero wins in the next four. Everyone should bring a mattress to the field and make a rectangle and the shape of a T and set that sucker on fire. Way to go OP.

At some point we are going to have to wins some games that we are not suppose to and UM should be that game since we have them at home.

This is easy, board will melt down! There will be several threads on why Heup is not the answer.
Need proof? Check in Saturday night in one of the game threads and see what is said in there the first time we punt.. lol

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
dj durkin is a winning coach. your arguments are bs. The people will NOT have a melt down if you play winning ball. prognosticators are repeating what they hear.

This is easy, board will melt down! There will be several threads on why Heup is not the answer.
Need proof? Check in Saturday night in one of the game threads and see what is said in there the first time we punt.. lol

Why isn’t Bailey playing???

VN Store

Back