Board Mood If We Go 0-4?

Fine, we still go bowling if we get 6 wins. I'm optimistic that we win 2 of those at least.

Reactions: VolnJC
Kudos for working Airplane into the football convo. On another note, I think they caught CJH practicing the pregame speech.

View attachment 402370
I love Richard but Cleavon brought a level of intelligence and sophistication that RP couldn't imo and the movie, while still probably hilarious, wouldn't have been as good...I would have liked to have seen what RP could have done in the Gregory Hines role in History Of The World Part 1 history-world.gif

O-4 in any setting is going to be a disappointment regardless of our opponents. I think given our circumstances everyone here should be encouraged for the future of the program. But...the season is not over yet and while the next 4 games will give us a great baseline, they shouldn't alter our trajectory too much. It's the next 2 games after these that will answer the most questions. Can Heupul keep them motivated after going 0-4? Will we see continued improvement? The last 2 games should be our focus on Heupul's ability to lead the Vols.

I'm really just hopeful we can get one of the four. We've already proven dominance over the bottom tier, I really hope we can make that jump and get 1 or 2 of the next 4, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. These are all teams that should beat us, so the pressure is on them. We just need to go out and play our game and see where the chips lie.

I predicted a 5-7 season coming in.

So any wins in this next 4 are gravy. Granted, it will be hard to lose 4 in a row and be content, but if we can be halfway competitive against UGA or Bama, I will be very excited.

The actual lines have UT as the underdog in both games though. ESPN FPI changes from week to week drastically so its not very reliable. You're better off just looking at oddshark and seeing their prediction.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that ESPN's FPI actually outperforms the average Vegas book if you compare them at the time the book is made.

So sure, FPI moves a lot over the course of a season. But we're in the final week prior to the Ole Miss game now. FPI is about as good an indicator as there is, at this point.

Anything up in the 75% range is matching or exceeding Vegas, right? (not against the spread, just straight up picking the winner)

Reactions: HangmanPage
There is someone here, I think sjt, who disputes that we have depth issues.
I think he said we have limited depth compared to some teams but not compared to other teams. AL/GA should be able to wear us down during the game, but not a lot of other teams.

This is asinine.

Why would any fan be happy if their team lost 4 in a row?

Personally don't expect them to stay within 2 TDs of Bama or GA and feel they may lack the firepower to outscore Ole Miss. Ky will always be a winnable game in my mind.

Play hard and don't show their bellies in any of the games and I can live with the results.

Doesn't mean I'll ever be ready to do back flips and sing Kumbaya My Lord when they lose.

This is asinine.

Why would any fan be happy if their team lost 4 in a row?

Personally don't expect them to stay within 2 TDs of Bama or GA and feel they may lack the firepower to outscore Ole Miss. Ky will always be a winnable game in my mind.

Play hard and don't show their bellies in any of the games and I can live with the results.

Doesn't mean I'll ever be ready to do back flips and sing Kumbaya My Lord when they lose.
Not saying that we would be happy..would there be new coaching threads and the see we told you CJH isn't the answer posts

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that ESPN's FPI actually outperforms the average Vegas book if you compare them at the time the book is made.

So sure, FPI moves a lot over the course of a season. But we're in the final week prior to the Ole Miss game now. FPI is about as good an indicator as there is, at this point.

Anything up in the 75% range is matching or exceeding Vegas, right? (not against the spread, just straight up picking the winner)
We will have to see when the game is played but its hard for me to imagine that ESPN FPI is right more often than Vegas spread totals and MLs. I know ESPN FPI chnages throughout the season but don't they also take multiple weeks to update occassionally? It just looks like someone throws it together more than an actual formula. I cannot trust something that has Florida as the number 6 team in the country.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Not saying that we would be happy..would there be new coaching threads and the see we told you CJH isn't the answer posts

That is going to happen with a miniscule portion of the fan base no matter what happens.

Still a few around here who thinks Bailey should be starting.

Even a Vandy fan would have known that a 6 and 6 record would have been a successful season for our Volunteers after last year's train wreck. I expect more from UT fans than Vandy fans. This board will be fine no matter.

Lose to OM - Disappointed
Lose to KY - Pissed
Lose to GA / Bama - Not happy but I expect it. I do think we can maybe put a fright into Nick or Kirby if the stars align.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolinMC and VolnJC
We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.
Another negative Nancy , how about if we go 4-0? Sheesh 🙄

I’m more worried about keeping CRG around Tennessee for a while than the next 4 games.

Vols should get 2 of the 4. Will they who knows but it’ll be fun to see them play out

I love Richard but Cleavon brought a level of intelligence and sophistication that RP couldn't imo and the movie, while still probably hilarious, wouldn't have been as good...I would have liked to have seen what RP could have done in the Gregory Hines role in History Of The World Part 1 View attachment 402384

In my opinion, Cleavon’s portrayal of Calculus Entropy in Fletch Lives should have received more critical acclaim.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC_Vol and VolnJC

VN Store

Back