Blame the Administration

....was given a CONTRACT EXTENSION during the off season.

Fulmer himself told him he “will he judged on three games: Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.”

He was 0-6 in these and still got a contract extension. He’s now 0-7. And will finish 0-9 at the end of this season as long as he stays married to JG.

According to Fulmer Metrics, that’s good enough to get another extension in the upcoming offseason.

Insanity. Continuing to do (and hope and wish) for different results while doing the same things over and over and over.

Almost a QUARTER OF A CENTURY (22 years).......And nothing has changed.

Coaches salaries are paid out of a separate budget from fundraising and ticket sales. When the AD turns a profit it actually returns money to the tax payers of this state by giving money to the general scholarship fund. You should probably be a little more careful about throwing the word dumbazz around.
"when the AD turns a profit"? Okay genius, what was the profit/loss for 2019?

They’re responsible for hiring Dooley, Butch, & Pruitt.

I like Pruitt as a coach but he might have been in over his head with this job.

Just an absolute mess.
One loss after 8 straight wins and you want him gone? SMDH. However Pruitt does need to give the backup Qb’s some snaps.

I really can't believe how fast some of yall turn on Pruitt. Its not even halftime and last week we lost to number 3. Just wow, no loyalty.

I really can't believe how fast some of yall turn on Pruitt. Its not even halftime and last week we lost to number 3. Just wow, no loyalty.

I agree. Let's not totally turn on Pruitt yet but the loyalty to JG is alarming. I thought that JG may have improved in the offseason but clearly not. We need to start a different QB. I agree with the fanbase. We can't win with JG.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Fast? It’s year 3. Losing record to Vandy, home loss to Georgia state, 0-7 against our 3 rivals, player development looks terrible, and currently being destroyed by Kentucky. We’ve seen this movie before..

Reactions: 08Vol
Ok so who was your guy that that you think could have done a better job than Pruitt? I can’t wait for this.

This is such a sad position to be defending...seriously..you think a freaking guy with zero experience as a head coach was the very best choice..

Some of yall will dedend any coach as long as he is wearing UT apparel

Reactions: 08Vol and 615vols
This is such a sad position to be defending...seriously..you think a freaking guy with zero experience as a head coach was the very best choice..

Some of yall will dedend any coach as long as he is wearing UT apparel
Exactly. And how many teams besides us wanted Pruitt as head coach?

Weinke needs to be gone. He's the worst QB coach in America. Jared Goff went from laughing stock to an MVP candidate as soon as he left. 2018 JG was a far more consistent QB than he is now.

Pruitt is our guy if you can't see improvement then your not looking hard enough. Don't get me wrong we're not close yet but we're getting there.

Results...results matter

They are not difficult to look for...one doesnt need to look behind the sofa nor in junk drawer to see results.

Which is where your "improvements" apparently are residing.

Do i want to fire Pruitt now...nope...who knows... in 5 years he may have pulled a Mark Richt and have enough talent for a real head coach to some in and make us competitive again. But for now Vols fans better buckel up cause the next few years are gonna be miserable

Last edited:
Fast? It’s year 3. Losing record to Vandy, home loss to Georgia state, 0-7 against our 3 rivals, player development looks terrible, and currently being destroyed by Kentucky. We’ve seen this movie before..

Do you really think player development is terrible? Or do you confuse player development overall with a desired level of achievement for JG?

I would point you towards our defense as a statistical point of improvement. And the games not over so there's that.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We don’t have a losing record to Vandy under Pruitt

Reactions: 615vols
Weinke needs to be gone. He's the worst QB coach in America. Jared Goff went from laughing stock to an MVP candidate as soon as he left. 2018 JG was a far more consistent QB than he is now.

It had more to do with Quez and Jennings bailing out JG than JG being better on his own

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Do you really think player development is terrible? Or do you confuse player development overall with a desired level of achievement for JG?

I would point you towards our defense as a statistical point of improvement. And the games not over so there's that.

Yeah I think overall player development is terrible. Jg is jg. I keep hearing excuses about not having a backup qb ready, but who’s job is it to recruit and develop one? If none ready in year 3, that’s a failure by the staff. Offensive line full of talent and experience underperforming still? That’s on coaching. Kicker has regressed. No consistent rusher or game changer on the d line, can’t defend the middle of the field on defense. Maybe we can figure out a slant this season, idk?

VN Store

Back