Blame the Administration

We have Fulmer and Pruitt at the UT teat, to the tune of $40k and $90k a week, respectively. Neither is going anywhere.

Neither is JG apparently. He is your starting QB next year, fellas.

Between now and then, there will be 52 paychecks as above.

We are where we are. We are a mediocre SEC program. Nothing is changing, so enjoy it or tune out. Those are your options.

They’re responsible for hiring Dooley, Butch, & Pruitt.

I like Pruitt as a coach but he might have been in over his head with this job.

Just an absolute mess.
Fulmer didn't hire Dooley or Butch. NC St coach didnt even want the job. Use Pruitt as a program builder at worst. He's a great guy to get very good players to practice the right way. No, I'm not bailing on him. Just saying as a worse case he was just as good of a gamble as anyone.

What do you call ending the game 44-21 after leading 21-17 at the half?

This isn't one game. The only difference we've seen, is us playing the bottom of the SECe first instead of at the end when we normally pad our season with them.

How many years of still gettimg blown out by Georgia, Florida, and Alabama before we can start judging Pruitt on the product that he puts on the field? 5, 6?

Lol. The defense didn't give up 27 points. Look closer at the scoring summary if you aren't going to watch.

Yeah. You're right. We are just padding with bad teams. If we started out with the title contenders BYU and Georgia State this year, we would be 0-2 again. Your argument makes no sense.

As far as your last sentence, did I go into a coma? When did we lose to Bama and Florida this season? UGA and Bama are the two most talented teams in the country. Maybe that has something to do with it. Nah. Probably just Pruitt sucks.

Pruitt has about peaked, I fear. His judgement with JG speaks volumes. I don’t blame JG. He is trying his best. It’s on JP to recognize JGs limits, and bring in a good QB. He either can’t or won’t.

We are where we are going to be with JP. It won’t get much better, it won’t get much worse. Mediocrity is where we are.

Pruitt has about peaked, I fear. His judgement with JG speaks volumes. I don’t blame JG. He is trying his best. It’s on JP to recognize JGs limits, and bring in a good QB. He either can’t or won’t.

We are where we are going to be with JP. It won’t get much better, it won’t get much worse. Mediocrity is where we are.
yep u nailed it Pruitt doesn't want a good QB. LOL

You goofballs are idiots. You do this every year with your predictions leading up to Bama and UGA then you get pissed when the don’t achieve your non biased beliefs. The line couldn’t block Georgia’s front four including Trey, and Cade which you blame on JG. They also had numerous drive killing penalties. Georgia has more talent at every single position and more depth. The score is not indicative of the game. You cannot beat a great team like Georgia with 10 penalties and two turnovers in the red zone. JG deserves the blame for the interception but not the fumbles. The oline whiffed on multiple blocks and were lucky not to lose more fumbles due to poor blocking. The oline created zero net rushing yards. The defense was gassed and got little to no rest during the second half after losing their only pass rusher. Pruitt and Chaney deserve the blame for not adjusting at half time to Georgia’s pass rush but there were several mistakes by veteran olineman that have nothing to do with coaching. This team does not have the talent to beat a team like Bama or UGA playing sloppy football.

Ppl blaming JG need to remember who is responsible for playing him. Our staff can recruit but they can't coach.
I blame the lack of a spring practice, for not having a viable second option, at QB. My source says that HB isn't even close to being ready to play. He can't even get his head around the playbook, yet.

Reactions: sonofUT62
This post is a result of pinning too much on THIS GAME, and some UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, that carried over from last season, and our 8 game winning streak. I called it, earlier this week.
We match up poorly with UGA. We match up much better with the rest of the conference. This UGA defense is special.

Fahr fulmer

Ah! That’s what got us in this mess to begin with. They fired Fulmer without a plan to replace him and the Vols have been scrambling ever since.

I say stay the course, Pruitt is an excellent defensive coach and has developed into a decent head coach with a lot of potential. But, he does need to start playing another QB and move away from JG. Imho, that’s his biggest fault as a head coach, he’s too loyal to JG and hasn’t given the other QB’s the same opportunities to play.

This post is a result of pinning too much on THIS GAME, and some UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, that carried over from last season, and our 8 game winning streak. I called it, earlier this week.
We match up poorly with UGA. We match up much better with the rest of the conference. This UGA defense is special.

100% correct

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We're beating the dregs of the SEC, and losing in spectacular fashion against competent teams.

How is that significant improvement for a coach going into his 3rd year?
That is a vey fair question. I did not expect a win yesterday but thought we could give UGA a game going into the fourth. Their d line dominating our o line was the difference in the game. JG made things even worse. We are clearly not in the same league with the bama, uga, and Clemson’s of the world. I think it is fair to judge JP on how we compete against teams like UF, A&M, and Auburn because we look comparable with those teams. If we continue to crap the bed and can’t even win 6 games, then it is makes sense to question why we are not progressing.

A petition should be started that Fulmer pay for whatever that dumbazz extension ends up costing the tax payers of this state. I am tired of athletic directors carelessly throwing away our money.

Coaches salaries are paid out of a separate budget from fundraising and ticket sales. When the AD turns a profit it actually returns money to the tax payers of this state by giving money to the general scholarship fund. You should probably be a little more careful about throwing the word dumbazz around.

Pruitt has the task of reviving a close to 3 decade dead football program in the toughest conference in college football. Not many teams anywhere are beating Bama, GA and FL. It's going to take more than 3 years of just getting the right players and staff assembled. Stay the course and when you see a win against one of the big 3 end of season you can assume we're on our way back. Til then be satisfied we're at least close to being a BB school.

Lol. Y'all are nuts. And this is the guy who led the fire Beldar campaign last year.

Our QB isn't good and our Oline **** the bed.

We are getting better. News flash. Other teams are getting better too. There is a reinforced hardened concrete ceiling on what we can do with JG at QB. We've known this.
But..... but....you make this soooo darn complicated..... they’ll never understand

VN Store

Back